Nightmist Pics In Gfx?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 06:55 PM

on the site it says when you donate you arent allowed to use pics from games/anime etc because copywrite

Posted Image

ok hi jalas mane (mark said it was in his nm gfx foldier)

modifyed picture of the druids helm from d2

Posted Image

nice who photoshopped it ?

Posted Image

wtf is this Lord of the rings ?

go on frodo you can do it! throw it in!

Posted Image

sup squall from final fantasy 8 how are things goin ?

it would be one thing if it only semi looked like him but lets see hmm yeah 100% squall and nice gunblade btw

Posted Image

hi hairy nugget thing thats all over the internet

so whats up with this ? game chars from other games is fine ?

awhile back someone tryed submiting some new player pics to jlh but he said we already had enough I suggest we delete the ones that are from other games or the ones that no one ever uses such as

Posted Image

I mean WTF is that its SO dam modern it shouldent be in nm

Posted Image

WTF ? a blue tshirt ?

who else thinks the pics that arent used or are from other games should be removed and we get some diffrent pictures ? I know me and mark are for it

this isnt a joke post either and I am not trying to start any fights I just want answers from jlh or staff lol

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 07 December 2004 - 07:46 PM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#2 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 06:57 PM

lmao yeah a lil odd that jalals mane is in the nm gfx folder XD
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#3 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 06:57 PM

lmao yeah a lil odd that jalals mane is in the nm gfx folder XD

so what about squall/the ring of power from lord of the rings ? I mean uhh yeah
Page/Memo Beatrix

#4 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 06:58 PM

yeha lmao

#5 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:00 PM

my point is why dont we get rid of the fake pics or allow everyone to submit pics like that and use them and it can be nething just as long as it isnt nudity or nething dirty

I mean at least get rid of these to get some real pictures that look like they fit in nm like the hooded guy
Page/Memo Beatrix

#6 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:00 PM

Woo D2! Anyway im sure if JLH knew it was from another game it wouldnt have been put in. *Goes to alert the athourities* lol j/k. Yeh we should get more ORGINAL PIcs and dont jew things from other games.
Stadic Ingame...

#7 .?.

.?.
  • Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:02 PM

wow jala's mask is in nm folder? B) :unsure:
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.

#8 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:03 PM

this is not counting medoras old pic who was from a DISNEY movie

Posted Image

I mean if thats how it is maybe mark would donate to get the joop pic and that doesnt even have copy write on it I know I would donate alot to get my ugly guy pics :unsure:

Posted Image

convinceing ?

go ahead n upload it jlh

maybe all the low char crits of nm will come into play after all ?

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 07 December 2004 - 07:06 PM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#9 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

yep was searching through the pics cause I may donate, and I stumbled across it!

#10 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

yeha lmao

lol@Sig B)

Dun show me pics of D2 it makes me wanna play it again :unsure:
Stadic Ingame...

#11 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:06 PM

Except in Nightmist it is a Rabid Chipmunk and Bear Pelt. A few of the earlier images in the Nightmist GFX folder I have seen elsewhere... Lesser Wurm or whatever it is, is a Black Dragon that I've seen lurking around the internet in a few places.

Posted Image

And I'm sure all of Medora's pictures of Tinkerbell are questionable too - but as long as Disney don't complain...

EDIT: People post too quickly!

Edited by Crane, 07 December 2004 - 07:07 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#12 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:06 PM

I mean if thats how it is maybe mark would donate to get the joop pic and that doesnt even have copy write on it I know I would donate alot to get my ugly guy pics :unsure:

Posted Image

convinceing ?

go ahead n upload it jlh

yes I would donate to get that pic.its hot

#13 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:07 PM

Except in Nightmist it is a Rabid Chipmunk and Bear Pelt. A few of the earlier images in the Nightmist GFX folder I have seen elsewhere... Lesser Wurm or whatever it is, is a Black Dragon that I've seen lurking around the internet in a few places.

Posted Image

And I'm sure all of Medora's pictures of Tinkerbell are questionable too - but as long as Disney don't complain...

EDIT: People post too quickly!

yeah if its ok to risk it why cant we send in any pic we want then?

#14 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:07 PM

Except in Nightmist it is a Rabid Chipmunk and Bear Pelt.  A few of the earlier images in the Nightmist GFX folder I have seen elsewhere... Lesser Wurm or whatever it is, is a Black Dragon that I've seen lurking around the internet in a few places.

Posted Image

I mean ell if thats the case if I donate I can have nething for a custom pic ? I mean why not since everyone else is doing it

Posted Image

I mean rob gets a kick out of that guy and hes just perfect for the part look @ him

why not let me donate and have rob put that pic on astinus ?

I am sure no one from squaresoft plays nm so why cant we use moogles and stuff for our pics ?

sure no one would complain from namco or neother company ? so lol

to top it off I am sure jlh would get a large list of donations
why not have it jsut be the $50 donation fee ? or maybe have it be raised to $75 and you can send in ne pic ? rofl

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 07 December 2004 - 07:34 PM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#15 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:20 PM

Posted Image

That is not the ring from lord of the rings, it is merely a simple gold ring which someone has thrown green text over.
These are images of the one ring;
Posted Image Posted Image
That green text does not look even remotely like the text of the one ring, and as such is not plaguerised- its not even like the ring from lotor is the only ring to ever have text on it.

Posted Image Posted Image
Its been stated before that we are playing a fantasy game, not a medieval game.
If people (Cptn Wilson) can have guns, then people are allowed to wear tshirts. It might not even be a t-shirt, that could easily be the neckline of a stylish robe or somesuch.
Besides, the woman appears to be some sort of nice electrical storm person... throw them down as being a druid or a mage, and it becomes less modern ^^

And you can't say it should be removed because people don't use it- someone in my clan uses the female pic above on all their characters, and I'm sure other people use them too ^^

I do agree that pictures obviously plagiarised from elsewhere, or known to be plagiarised from elsewhere, should not be in the game... I also agree that it would be nice if people had their own, non plagiarised pictures to put into the game in their place.
Give the people on "Art for Gold" some credit- they're trying.

I don't agree that just because the 'rules' have been broken once (or more often), and some pictures are in there that perhaps shouldn't be... that the rules should be broken again.
That doesn't even things out at all ^^

(Edited primarily because I couldn't spell "plagiarised" ^^)

Edited by Charon, 07 December 2004 - 07:28 PM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#16 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:22 PM

:unsure: but my basic point was either let everyone do it or get some real pictures for normal people and remove the fake ones that are from other games so we "dont have enough" anymore

and you cant defend the bald black guy with the blue tshirt that looks like hes infront of a tv or at least thats what the lighting makes it look like

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 07 December 2004 - 07:27 PM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#17 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:26 PM

http://www.battle.ne...d/w3xp/W3r6.gif i need that pic for illidan plzzzzzzzz kthxpzlzzzzzzzxd sdgxdfgxcghn plz

#18 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:26 PM

Posted Image

Possible new player portrait?
Stadic Ingame...

#19 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:27 PM

http://www.battle.ne...d/w3xp/W3r6.gif i need that pic for illidan plzzzzzzzz kthxpzlzzzzzzzxd sdgxdfgxcghn plz

Would be cool. But i dont think the client supports .gif :unsure:
Stadic Ingame...

#20 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:28 PM

well sorry but it can be changed :@

#21 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:31 PM

:unsure: but my basic point was either let everyone do it or get some real pictures for normal people and remove the fake ones that are from other games so we "dont have enough" anymore

and you cant defend the bald black guy with the blue tshirt that looks like hes infront of a tv or at least thats what the lighting makes it look like

Sure I can defend the picture of the black bald guy B)
I can defend the picture of the black bald guy quite easily by saying that he could be some random guy wearing a blue robe- not everyone has to look shiny and stylish, nor do they have to have more than a plain background

I may personally think its a terrible picture, with no character whatsoever, and agree that it should be replaced with... anything that looks more fantasy like... but whether thats my beleif or not, I can defend it.

I don't agree that we should let everyone plagiarise pictures just because some have in the past...
So I guess that means I'd be supporting you in removing all pictures that have a copyright on them that come from elsewhere.

Edited by Charon, 07 December 2004 - 07:33 PM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#22 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:32 PM

Take a screenshot of him and just use that?

e.g.

Posted Image

#23 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:33 PM

well I think we should make it like it was pre-reset where people can send in custom pics plzz :@.

except charge 50$ instead of being free like it was pre-reset

#24 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:36 PM

to top it off I am sure jlh would get a large list of donations
why not have it jsut be the $50 donation fee ? or maybe have it be raised to $75 and you can send in ne pic ? rofl

^^^

already said that mark
Page/Memo Beatrix

#25 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:37 PM

whant

#26 Bishop

Bishop
  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:51 PM

Staff pics don't really count as they aren't technically an integral part of the game - besides that, until it goes pay to play (or some other similar direction) there are several copyrighted pics (namely the Gnoll, which is straight out of the AD&D Monster manual), but it doesn't much matter while it's free.

#27 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:53 PM

then why the crap can't we send in custom pics :|

#28 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 08:22 PM

then why the crap can't we send in custom pics :|

/nod
Stadic Ingame...

#29 Bishop

Bishop
  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 08:29 PM

1 - it's a lot of work for JLH (NM Admin)

2 - ? it may increase the chances of copyright issues surfacing.

#30 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 08:31 PM

its not alot of work if people have to pay for them.. lol..If we could send in our own pic at 50$ a pop, JLH would get some nice cash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users