Leadership/foundership Abilities

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Harley_Davidson

Harley_Davidson
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 04:17 PM

Because of recent events and past events that are similar, I would like to suggest that Leaders in clans CAN NOT remove crits from the clan, only founders. I have seen to many clans having leaders in their clan either get mad at "so and so", like causing problems or just wants to stur up something and the leader boots every1 until they get caught and they get booted themself. So my suggestion is to take away the leaders ability to remove players from clan.

I understand that if you dont trust someone, they should not be promoted, but in this case, it seems the person was promoted to invite their alts into clan and was never demoted. IDK what they were tryin to accomplish by doing this but Im sure they'll try to do this again because they have renamed all there crits so no one knows if its them or not.
Homicidal or Zakkwylde in game

#2 Eyes in the Dark

Eyes in the Dark
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 05:01 PM

supported...plus it should also stop the "spy" player bootings as well

#3 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 05:51 PM

No point, just dont appoint anyone to leader unless you trust them enough to give them that status.

#4 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 07:16 PM

In the great words of JLH: "Noted"

This will be implemented in the next update. Leaders will only be able to invite from then on and no more bootings.
Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.

#5 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 07:59 PM

No point, just dont appoint anyone to leader unless you trust them enough to give them that status.

yes^
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#6 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 08:18 PM

Then there goes the whole clan structuring.. If you live by the saying trus no-one it means you will never have any leaders or founders it will be a chairman run clan only. You always get the asshole who feels the need to put up a show to get promoted and then does things like this. This guy reset his crits and renamed them all afterwards I mean to what extend will you go to spite someone?
Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.

#7 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 08:30 PM

the asshole can also be a founder. anyone can lose their heads or something at some point cuz they get pissy or the ladies have their pms or something.

i dun c the point :P
Even in death my hate will go on

#8 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 08:35 PM

So again we get down to having no founders or leaders.. Just a chairman? Could be interesting.

#9 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:08 PM

Any good chairman/chairwoman or founder will not promote people lightly. I know this example is not a game but when I was in the air cadets, I had to work long and hard for over 2 years before I was promoted to a Corporal.

You should never promote someone just so they can invite their alts, because a) they can boot people, and b) they may secretly invite someone who is posing as their alt, but is actually a completely different person.

With my clan, The Crane Temple, I have only promoted two other people to leader after watching their activities over a period of time and deciding myself if they are ready and I am sure they will not back-stab the clan. True, people may leave if they are not rewarded with leadership, but I shrug it off and take the view that they were not loyal members.

I do not think there is anything wrong with the abilities of leaders and founders, but people should not be so willing to hand out the ranks.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#10 Harley_Davidson

Harley_Davidson
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 10:37 PM

I do not think there is anything wrong with the abilities of leaders and founders, but people should not be so willing to hand out the ranks.

I agree with you to a certain extent because i see where ur coming from, but u shudnt be afraid to temporarely promote someone to invite alts.
Homicidal or Zakkwylde in game

#11 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 10:51 PM

There really is no point in this.

If someone wants to invite their alts into a clan, they can wait until a founder or another leader isn't busy. If said player decides to leave the clan because you won't promote them, I think it gives a pretty good idea of what this kind of member this player would be in the future.

On the other hand, if you really want this member to stay, then go and invite the alts. If you're stuck in Jahanna and can't do it, well, that's just tough luck. Sorry.
Posted Image

#12 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:05 PM

I agree with you to a certain extent because i see where ur coming from, but u shudnt be afraid to temporarely promote someone to invite alts.

And that's the classic time for someone to go on a booting spree.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#13 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:14 PM

How much can someone really mess up if you have /clan demote [a]

I mean, the minute you see guys get booted, HIT ENTER!

its that easy.. l;ol
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#14 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:27 PM

On the other hand, if you really want this member to stay, then go and invite the alts. If you're stuck in Jahanna and can't do it, well, that's just tough luck. Sorry.

well you can appoint your alt and jahanna isnt really that far away :P

#15 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:04 AM

But yet again you don't understand. This person put up a front, we don't just appoint someone for nutss and laughs they have to prove their loyalty. He then waited untill all the founders were offline and started booting people. So there was basically nothing we could do. This was well planned on his side and you people fail to see that. This wasn't the case of someone being promoted just to invite alts...

#16 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:26 AM

ouch ... bad leadership at TA then :P

seriously these things happen irl too so it only makes the game interesting, its allways risky to give someone responsibility ^_^

Edited by Cule, 25 September 2004 - 09:29 AM.

#17 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:31 AM

Yes these things happen irl too but then you get punished.. Lets think about it? So your idea of fun would be to get nailed in everything you do in life becuase it gives that the interesting edge.. I'm sorry you need to get help if you think that.

You might think it is funny but wait untill it happens to you, you'll be the first one to pregnant dog about it but flame on I could care less what you think becuase you people are the ones who sit back and take crap like this and bend under it, I'm not like that I take action so don't judge becuase I won't sit back and let people spoil my gaming experience. It is going to be changed and there is nothing you can do about it. Besides it's always good to take measures to prevent things like this from happening in the future.

#18 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 12:08 PM

ouch ... bad leadership at TA then :P

seriously these things happen irl too so it only makes the game interesting, its allways risky to give someone responsibility ^_^

Mock my leaders again I'll come sweep the Cair Angeleann streets with you.

Seriously I hardly just sit around talking all day and when i'm out killing a boss or hunting someone I have no time to run and invite people who want to join and after I appoint what if I get d/c or my mates come around?

In my view leadership is but a stepping stone to becoming a founder, you would hardly have the secretary in a company deciding who is fired or not and I seriously don't think a leader has any right to either. SUPPORTED!
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#19 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 12:22 PM

I do agree that this should be added. Someone could easily forget by mistake and forget to demote.. or do what they did in TA's case... (loyalty or not) wait until there's no one on to demote them and go on a booting spree.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#20 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 01:15 PM

yeh, your leaders are great ... for having booting sprees wheee :P

like i said before dont appoint any leaders if you dont trust them.

edit: and to deathwish: it makes the GAME more interesting.

Edited by Cule, 25 September 2004 - 01:20 PM.

#21 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 03:41 PM

Cule your idea of fun is sadistic. But as the song goes.. how low can you go, how low can you go! :P I pity your understanding for life. But I wash my hands of this topic now I won't reply again becuase your ignorant approach to life won't be changed by others views. And you think that it's ok to do things wrong in a game? So you support theft then? Fraud??

Edited by Deathwish, 25 September 2004 - 03:42 PM.

#22 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 04:31 PM

As much as a tragedy as it is that someone has gone and deceived your clan, I'm going to have to side with Cule.

Promotion to a Leader should only be done once one has truly proven themself. I mean, REALLY proved themself. Take those extra days to figure out if this person is trustworthy and if they're really just putting up a charade to destroy the clan from the inside out.
Posted Image

#23 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 04:32 PM

*sigh* i realise you have washed your hands from this topic but i hope i can set things right here since you have completely gotten me wrong somehow.

It makes the game more interesting because there wouldnt really be any risk if you could carelessly appoint leaders that would only be able to invite people and not boot anyone, so that would make the idea of appointing every member in the clan to be a leader, a smart move, since they wouldnt have any "drawbacks" and they would only be members that can invite people therefore they wouldnt really have any resposibility at all, so the name "leader", wouldnt be a right word to describe them.

It would make the clan "ladder" structure more uninteresting. :P

I wonder if this hostility towards me is because i made a bad joke about the TA leadership?
You surely dont have anything wrong with it since you are in the place you are, but if my comment about it gets you so angry, i wonder ...

edit: typos

Edited by Cule, 25 September 2004 - 04:36 PM.

#24 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 06:00 PM

Heres what actually happened:

Someone purchased two crits from Reflect, one of the two being in TA. The person who bought the crit just logged on, saw a founder on, and said "Im gonna invite some of my other alts, can u appoint me?" The person who did this was using a crit that had been in clan for a good ammount of time. A new founder appointed them to leader, and logged off forgetting about it. When he logged off, they went on a booting spree.

Unfortunatley, the 2 crits the person bought, and the crit he used for the trade, were all deleted. The only thing I have to figure out who the person was is his IP address (useless) and the fact that he used to own Mazio. This was not bad leadership, so I'd appreciate it if you didnt talk smack on my clan, Cule, or I'll be right behind Jared.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#25 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 06:44 PM

Then surely should you not be question the founder who failed to do his/her job correctly.. That person, and the person who sold their character are both at fault - It has nothing to do with the current Leader system (which is fine, btw).

Your clan Foundership obviously slacked off and didn't do his/her job, you can't go changing something that's been fine for a very long time, just cus of one occasion.

I'm completely against this, not only due to it being the Founders fault, but also;
Ever invited a single character? Who's then started to spam Clan Chat for no other reason than to annoy people- Imagine a Leader being sat there, unable to stop it.

And on a side note; Ya'll suck.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#26 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 07:20 PM

Then surely should you not be question the founder who failed to do his/her job correctly.. That person, and the person who sold their character are both at fault - It has nothing to do with the current Leader system (which is fine, btw).

Your clan Foundership obviously slacked off and didn't do his/her job, you can't go changing something that's been fine for a very long time, just cus of one occasion.

I'm completely against this, not only due to it being the Founders fault, but also;
Ever invited a single character? Who's then started to spam Clan Chat for no other reason than to annoy people- Imagine a Leader being sat there, unable to stop it.

And on a side note; Ya'll suck.

exactly.

#27 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:51 PM

The person who's fault it was just became a founder that day, and everyone makes mistakes. And to resolve your sitaution, Alone, why not simply remove the /clan remove position command for leaders, make if founder only.

And our foundership as a whole is not at fault, we can't be on 24/7, and have no reason to be....
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#28 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:34 PM

It wont happen.

#29 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:48 PM

Removing it goes against what I said, I pointed out a situation where a Leader invites a new player, that they don't know. And that player then turns out to be an annoying moose who's just going to spam your clan chat - You then have to wait until a Founder logs on to remove the person.

The person obviously wasn't ready to be a Founder, if they mess up so soon.

Leave it as it is!
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#30 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:08 PM

If leaders can't boot, you might as well promote all members in your clan to leaders as it will have no side effects (other than your clan looking "different").
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users