• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 08:10 PM

http://www.protestwarrior.com/
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#2 astral

astral
  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 08:16 PM

/nod
"I am imortal, I have inside me blood of kings!
I have no rival, no man can be my equal,
Take me to the leaders of the world!"

#3 Xlithan

Xlithan

Discord Moderator

• Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 08:41 PM

meh, i did a protest to save my college education, the only thing that happened was i got run over by cars and vans trying to block the road. there are some real maniacs driving out there, seriously....

In the end it solved nothing, and it never WILL solve anything, people just get annoyed. What gun-man in iraq is gunna think.. "oh crap, they have poles and banners, RUN!"

Edited by Zelimos, 28 August 2004 - 09:40 PM.

#4 Harky

Harky
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 09:20 PM

Edited because I shouldn't post in a bad mood. Ignore this.

Edited by Harky, 28 August 2004 - 09:25 PM.

#5 two

two
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 12:47 AM

protests are fun, but good for only two things.

1) filling your time with doing something other than "the usual"
2) being in protests gets you all the hot protest chicks who publicly hate my turnip and blame it for all that is bad in the world, but secretly hate my turnip and blame it for everything that is wrong with the world.

"ladies, i hope you're not protesting against a good time in the sack" ooooohhh yeah, like luther vandross, baby.

#6 Xlithan

Xlithan

Discord Moderator

• Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 01:17 AM

protests are fun, but good for only two things.

1) filling your time with doing something other than "the usual"
2) being in protests gets you all the hot protest chicks who publicly hate my turnip and blame it for all that is bad in the world, but secretly hate my turnip and blame it for everything that is wrong with the world.

"ladies, i hope you're not protesting against a good time in the sack" ooooohhh yeah, like luther vandross, baby.

right....

#7 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 03:11 AM

for some reason i can't get into protest no matter what the cause. it's like taking a huge group of well meaning and conscientious people and degrading thier sentiments to crudely construed bite size slogans that are usually contradictory. so protesting bad protesters is akin to having a gigantic rally for time-wasting and incoherence.

i understand the concept that some war is inevitable and neccessary to ensure freedom or protect lives, but i don't think it negates the horrible and devestating effects of war that make it a last resort and nothing to take lightly. it's my opinion that the last fifty years in america has seen a fair deal of failed conflicts for the reason that leaders at the time didn't take the matter seriously, and were not concerned with war as a last resort. most recently in iraq, i can see no difference. now on those principles most people can agree, correct? it's the old responsibility, and power equation. if it's unevenly porportioned, it cannot be effectively weilded. how can the greatest military the world has ever seen be consistantly beaten and humiliated by proxy, and peasant armies? it's not because the US' military prowess is embellished.

so when i see that this organization's very first sign is oversimplified to the point of being a gigantic fucking lie (and the rest of the site is frightening as well), i feel like this kind of thing only makes things worse. war did not end slavery, war prolonged slavery and left many dead for what only accounted for greed. slavery was being abolished world wide during that time, and america was actually falling behind in that respect.

the wars that came to some end that wasn't entirely futile and tragic, weren't started by or initiated by the US, but by the confederacy, the nazi's, japan, etc. the wars that have come to sad and argueably futile ends were initiated by the US without proper cause or preparedness. history will eventually show iraq to be no better. i remember weeks after W's '03 SOTU, joe lieberman gave a wonderfull speech and prepared a plan for rebuilding iraq. he did it because no one else did, and was ignored (guess no one likes a smartass, i suppose that makes thousands of dead iraqis and US soldiers feel better right?). however great strains were made to convince the world that an impoverished regime with a devastated economy and military could pose a greater threat than it could have under the best circumstances over a decade before.

that wasn't so hard now was it? now let's put it into a sign, or a chant without reducing the sentiments to retardation. oh i guess that's the hard part. for the organization itself, i can't find much to make me believe it might be any different than any other misguided 'right' minded organization. while i can't say much for the political left, i can't say much for the right either.

edit: on a slightly hypocritical note, bush traveled through my part of ohio today. effectively shutting down every business on every street he drove through, for the entire day, and preventing traffic along the main roads of each town. you could barely see a figure wave through tinted windows in the convoy. i made a sign that said "god: 1 allah: nuthin!" but i didn't think anyone would get the joke. anyways, his visit was a response to kerry's visit to my town last month. now i guess kerry has to top him. i suspect he'll call an air raid and force everyone he flies over to stay indoors and turn off thier lights.

Edited by dognapot, 29 August 2004 - 03:18 AM.

wouldn't it be funny if rich had registered this name first, and you were bickering with him?

#8 Night_Angel

Night_Angel
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 05:38 AM

all i can say is Stotic Hell Yeah! loved the sign and it made a really good point.
Perhaps one day maybe I will understand PAIN. Why it is and how it has to be. Until then...

#9 Metatron

Metatron
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:54 AM

Well put Dognapot, you seem to sum up my views very well indeed.
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other sins are invented nonsense.

~Agmar~

#10 dec

dec
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 11:28 AM

I think the poster is actully pretty stupid, or maybe i just didnt get it properly. Someone explain it?

Edited by dec, 29 August 2004 - 11:29 AM.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
In Soviet Russia
Poem write you!

Belzabar in-game

#11 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 11:43 AM

Sweet :P

Posted Image
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#12 Xlithan

Xlithan

Discord Moderator

• Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 12:39 PM

lol, good one

#13 archmaster

archmaster
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 02:08 PM

Sweet :P

Posted Image

i agree with that
i tried starting a riot, but it didnt work
You and me, We'll all go down in history, With a sad statue of liberty, and a generation that didn't agree

#14 Zylia

Zylia
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 02:22 PM

I start college Monday, no protesting for me. It'll be an interesting election. My roomate is a Republican, and I'm a hardheaded Democrat. x.X lol ^^

#15 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:52 PM

Down with protests!

boooooooooo

Westcoast

#16 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:54 PM

protesting is useless ... try car bombs. :P

#17 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:19 PM

<cheesey joke>
I'm a person who's against picketing, but does anyone have any ideas for how I should express that?
</cheesey joke>

Rawr fight the power
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#18 DragonHeart

DragonHeart

SnowMan1986

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 12:07 AM

all i can say is if u live in the US and are against what it does,move,no one will miss you :P
Crusader/Raistlin/Spyhunter ingame

#19 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 01:23 AM

all i can say is if u live in the US and are against what it does,move,no one will miss you :P

that's moronic. if you live in the US and you don't like what the US does you become an active and politically aware citizen and try and change things because america is built around having the freedom to do just that.

the only thing in america you would have to move to avoid is citizens exercising thier rights or valueing thier liberties. which is what you're talking about.
wouldn't it be funny if rich had registered this name first, and you were bickering with him?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users