Hmmm

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Hatchet Crew

Hatchet Crew
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 01:34 AM

Have you ever been talking to somone and its all good... but then u go to talk to somone else like ur gf/bf or sumthing and just can't find anything to say... why is that :)
I have a gut like Budha.

#2 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 01:39 AM

I don't really enjoy talking, but I know what you mean.

I could type until all 6 of my hands fall off, but when it comes to face to face communication, I am speechless.

Westcoast

#3 Hatchet Crew

Hatchet Crew
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 01:57 AM

The phone is teh worst of all
I have a gut like Budha.

#4 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 01:58 AM

Yeah, it's just an awkward silence. I keep expecting to hear a tumbleweed roll past.

Westcoast

#5 Hatchet Crew

Hatchet Crew
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:08 AM

yea lol and it kinda sucks being told that dogs hold better convos that you but i can't help that lol i just dont really get why. Even when it comes 2 face 2 face sum people are way more easyer to talk to than others.
I have a gut like Budha.

#6 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:20 AM

I don't even like talking to myself in the mirror.

I like posing though. That always gives me a good laugh.

Westcoast

#7 Darkling

Darkling
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:24 AM

Uhhh Wrong thread... fook im a twiiiiit

Edited by Darkling, 01 March 2004 - 03:37 AM.

Leave the sig alone you rabid monkey

#8 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:25 AM

Silly Darkling. You've posted in the wrong thread.

Westcoast

#9 Hatchet Crew

Hatchet Crew
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:27 AM

:blink: lol :blink: :)
I have a gut like Budha.

#10 Mastah_Fluff

Mastah_Fluff
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:19 AM

heh Talking? bface 2 face? Never....I don't have this probally...I don't talk much at all face to face and don't talk as much online either...but if I do find the right person I can talk face 2 face for a long time...but meh all I have to talk with is family now.
Love long lost, never to love again, forever to be alone.
Creator of All Things Fluffy
Evil Zoloft King of Un-Certain Insanity

#11 two

two
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:39 AM

it's easy. just shoot the nuts. look at something, and say, "hey, what do ya think about that?" people love to talk about what they feel about things, and when there's absolutely nothing to talk about, just start talking about what you did today, and ask them about their day. talk to make noise, and a conversation will find it's way.

#12 Xlithan

Xlithan

Discord Moderator

• Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 05:00 AM

first day me and my ex-girlfriend met, me, my friend Rob, her, and her friend sat in silence for 2 hours strait. we said nothing to each other for 2 hours, just watched this movie. She came round the next day, so it was just me and her, we sat in silence through most of the night while watching TV. What ever was she thinking when she said yes to that all important question... she was probably thinking "i wish he'd shut up", and heard me say "want me to shut up?". heh, so funny. But on the internet, we talked for hours, and over text messaging aswel. so yeah, face to face is awkward.

#13 Dc

Dc
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 11:43 PM

im never speachless, i talk to much...but every once in a while there is some coment made that i have no responce to, but im sure i could think of one if i really needed to.
I believe in the Triune God;God the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.I believe that while I was helpless and sinful, Christ died for me. Therefore, I now have the righteousness of God, old things have passed away and I am a child of God. I cannot be separated from the love of God, Christ lives in my heart by faith and therefore, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have been chosen by God and appointed to bear fruit for God. I resist the devil and he flees from me.

#14 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 11:50 PM

Never had any problems talking to my girlfriend, that's why we're together (which may be a lie by tomorrow night :blink:).

I find it real easy to talk to women, but I get tagged with either 'gay' or 'the comforting one'.. But hey, my college class has 22girls and 2guys. He's loud and abrupt, I'm quiet and there to talk to. Man I get alot of attention.

Nothing better than a day long ego boost before having to go argue with your partner :)

And onto your question :blink: (sorry)
How long have you been together? Possibly just nerves. Have a night in together, and get completely wasted, best solution for first week nerves in a relationship (but that is in my limited experience).

Edited by alone, 01 March 2004 - 11:51 PM.

"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#15 Hatchet Crew

Hatchet Crew
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:02 AM

:blink: yea well i think me and my gf wont be anymore by tommarow night eithe lol but its not the my g/f sumtimes it everyday people. I think its because i hold there opionion of me high? maybe to high? and i dont want them to have a bad opinon of me but i like the sound of getting wasted or maybe even stoned :)
I have a gut like Budha.

#16 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:06 AM

It's because you're trying to impress them. Try to get that factor out of your mind. Imagine them as one of your friends. Be conservative in those convos though...heh. If theres a lot of silence its the other's fault too!
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#17 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:47 AM

I find making myself look like a moron in front of them works best O_o
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#18 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:04 AM

It's a lot harder than you may think. There are genetics involved. Yes, traits of shyness and outgoing personality have been found in genes.

Actually, it's more a long the lines of when faced with certain situations, the release of a chemical in the brain produces negative or positive feelings. This is why, for example, some people are a-ok with jumping off the high dive and others just can't bring themself to do it.

Sure, you could do it anyways, but it takes a whole lot of willpower. Also, more often than not, you just feel terrible for a long time afterwards.

Ok. Now you guys really know why people are the way they are.

Westcoast

#19 two

two
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:20 AM

so there's nothing in the water?

but yeah, there have been interesting studies done at one of the UC's here, i forget which one, but basicially the experiment ran like this: flashcards of people's facial expressions were shown to men and women, and the subjects had to identify what type of emotion was being expressed. i forget if it was a choice between a set of answers or if it was free response, but the women concsistantly identified the emotions in a slightly better time. one theory is that men have to use their eyes in a top-down type processing and use more cognitive levels of analysis while women have quicker synaptic action towards to hypothalamus, but yeah none of you care bout that anyways.

also, i'm taking an evolutionary psych class as well, and that sheds light on the different though pathways of men and women. example: men are better at spatial tasks, such as reading a map. it's been proven in a military experiemnt, they were dropped in a huge forest, men did a little bette, but the results were consistant. the weird thing is, women remembered the locations of landmarks more accurately than men. one explanation is that in hunter-gatherer days, men did the hunting while women did the gathering. men would hunt game, wound it, and track it until it fell dead. once the damn dear died, they'd have to bring back the food to wherever home was, so they're direction finding skills were boned up because of this. the women did the gathering, so they had to remember where certain tress/shrubs were that produced vital vitamins, and return to them during the proper season.

so boys and girls aren't carbon copies of eachother, we are different.

except for newb, who seems to cross all boundaries, sexual-social included.

#20 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:34 AM

I'm not gay, or bisexual. I don't think I am straight either. I am just a-ok with me.

What that really means is, I really don't give a (expletive) if you don't like me (but if you do, then bonus points for you). I like me, and that is all that really matters.

edit: I don't misspell, I just make typos.

Edited by newb, 02 March 2004 - 01:35 AM.

Westcoast

#21 Xlithan

Xlithan

Discord Moderator

• Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:06 AM

I'm not gay, or bisexual. I don't think I am straight either. I am just a-ok with me.

What that really means is, I really don't give a (expletive) if you don't like me (but if you do, then bonus points for you). I like me, and that is all that really matters.

edit: I don't misspell, I just make typos.

totally agree. Doesn't matter what other people think or say about you. Only you truely know yourself inside out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users