Stamina

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 11:47 PM

i think paladins should have the same stamina gains as fighters.

what do you think?

#2 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:29 AM

They are a mix between clerics and fighters, so since that, the cleric makes the stam got at a higher lvl. Just My opinion.

Edited by Ryuku, 20 June 2004 - 01:30 AM.

#3 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:02 PM

well atleast give them the same amount of stamina ...

#4 afireinside

afireinside
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:16 PM

I think this is a good idea because unless you are fighting in one of the few undead areas its hard to get any damage done with an attack, giving them one more would give them a better chance of you know not sucking as much as mages did :)
~ Davey , Fire_Cleric , Lucied , Ramsus , Leon , Sieg ~ ingame

#5 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:19 PM

They don't need more stamina. All they need is to hit more often, and get hit less with holy speed casted, because with 29 dex, should you really miss at all?

Edited by Eternyte, 20 June 2004 - 08:19 PM.

I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#6 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:49 PM

What would be the use of a fighter if paladins had the same stamina?

Fighters do have more hp, and have the ability to do more damage on occassion, but surely the fact that the paladin can add to stats as well as being able to heal for around 65 would render fighters useless?
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#7 afireinside

afireinside
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:16 PM

good point all i can say is then just make paladins dex effect them more as eternyte said
~ Davey , Fire_Cleric , Lucied , Ramsus , Leon , Sieg ~ ingame

#8 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:23 PM

What would be the use of a fighter if paladins had the same stamina?

Fighters do have more hp, and have the ability to do more damage on occassion, but surely the fact that the paladin can add to stats as well as being able to heal for around 65 would render fighters useless?

so you say you choose a fighter not a paladin just because it has better stamina gains ...

but im not so sure they need more stamina .. but they sure need to hit more often ... this was just a though to make paladins better/equal to other classes

#9 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:04 AM

what is the chance of a halfing paladin with holy speed on and no items, to hit? i mean the accual change in %?...oh and if the crit had perfect dex

#10 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:45 AM

They don't need more stamina. All they need is to hit more often, and get hit less with holy speed casted, because with 29 dex, should you really miss at all?

The fact is, you DO miss, too much. I just think holy speed should raise the stam rechage.

(Or does it already, I haven't gotten a level 25 paladin ever, though I raised mine to level 22 today! :) )

#11 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:16 AM

Raising Paladin stamina is almost as spastic as Kar. That's a possible extra 50-60 damage per round (more to undead enemies), or the ability to heal 60+ without taking away at all from current attack damage.

Idea = Retarded.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#12 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 04:10 AM

I agree with Deval. If you had a Paladin with 6 stam, fighting one on one with a fighter with 6 stam, would it be close to a fair fight? Sure, the fighter hits slightly harder, but the pally can still heal himself. At least the way things are, the paladin has to heal each time it is hit just about, if the fighter misses with one stam, the paladin has to heal 5 times to get back up to health. If the paladin had 6 stam like a fighter, Each time the fighter misses, the paladin gets a chance to take a swing at the fighter. Given the fizzle rate for aid is much lower than the miss rate of a fighter, its fair enough when a paladin has 5 stam and holy speed cast, cause the fighter cant hit him, and when the fighter does, he heals it up with stam and then hits with the stam that is left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users