1a Multi Day?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 alo113

alo113
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

So I am sitting, bored, after my exam and daydreaming about nm when it hits me. I know a lot of people didn't play Multi because of some confusion on how to run 20 alts, among other things. Well, what if (for the 2 dozen people left) we had a Multi day on 1a? It would make those impossible bosses possible, even if only one day of the year. Hey, I can see people clearing time to play nm on a quest day, so this day could be treated as such. Make it JLH's birthday or something lol.

You wouldn't have to run 20 alts, plus most of us only have a handful of nice crits anyway. Some of you may explain how this is utter nonsense, and I would prefer that because I just thought of this and posted, so I didn't critique the idea.
Also, I have no knowledge whatsoever on what it would take to implement something like this on the server, so don't grill me if this isn't even possible. Just day dreaming of nm and the possibilities :lol:
Also, this might be difficult, but not unreasonably op because even the best accounts with sharers only have 2 Balts

¨¨*:·- Sober -·:*¨¨

#2 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Pretty sure someone has to have 3+ cobalts. but other than that, its a good thought, just dont see it happening.. if it were made to where you could only use 2 alts, i would support it as it would be very handy for a 1 day boss killing spree and not that overpowering in terms of the number of characters on... Also shouldnt be that hard to do, as long as jlh would be willing to do it.
Apocalypto

#3 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

I like it, though not so much up to 20 characters.

Would be nice if it could be done more often, like once a month, and only if some of the major bosses haven't been taken down within said last month.

#4 alo113

alo113
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

I really like the 2alt Day idea ryan mentioned

#5 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

2-alt for 1 day a month would be pretty sweet.

As pointed out, it could help get some major bosses done.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#6 Migraine

Migraine
  • Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

i like the idea!

-×»±º-Ïm(v)ørta£-º±«×-

1alt: Rot, Zipo, Immortal

#7 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

lol
Apocalypto

#8 Silk

Silk
  • Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

bosses have been getting done, and tbh alot of the playerbase hasnt played multiple alts in years, do you really wanna be in a boss party with 10 rusty players trying to use alts? calling for heals on the wrong guy? clerics spamming /s while on a zerk? sounds like a catastrophe. just sayin.

On the note on implementation though i remmeber some years ago on multi the alt limit being changed in as little as a day, i dont think it is too rough to do. and some of the bigger bosses dont get done, but i have a feeling thats about to change, just need enough people to log on.(seeing as 1a server cooperation is so high recently)

Edited by Silk, 14 April 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#9 alo113

alo113
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

bosses have been getting done, and tbh alot of the playerbase hasnt played multiple alts in years, do you really wanna be in a boss party with 10 rusty players trying to use alts? calling for heals on the wrong guy? clerics spamming /s while on a zerk? sounds like a catastrophe. just sayin.

Lol do you feel this way personally or do you believe that all the people with GM's have somehow forgotten how to use just 2 alts? 90% of the players have some, if not most, of their experience coming from the old server where it was Alts or Die :lol: Saying that is like saying you forgot how to drive, ride a bike lol.

I'd like to add, there havent been any NEW players that i know of... maybe people returning, but no new faces. So basically, we're the last of a dying breed. On quest day there were (at the most I saw) 19 players on. If you were to allow each 2 alts, that would be 38... or kind of like 2 parties of 20 on main. With a party of 35+, it makes the ttk mobs more reasonable without changing all of the mobs themselves.

That being said, Nightmist is our playground, so once a month, we should have recess :lol:

Edited by alo113, 14 April 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#10 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

[

That being said, Nightmist is our playground, so once a month, we should have recess :lol:

Haha this^^
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users