The Dumbing Down Of Nightmist 1alt

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:42 AM

So when 1alt was copied and given life, everything that could be done on main at that time was just brought over. Everyone was happy and jolly, and the nm world was right as rain. Mages and druids were the cool thing to have and pk with.

Then came thieves pking said mages and druids. Oh no, something other than a magic caster that could pk. How dare poeple.

1. Then the crying about dotw began.
2. Then the crying about kill lists began.
3. Then the crying about nightshades began.
4. PKing was cried about for a bit with lvl restrictions being talked about being lowered yet again(this started years ago on main btw)
5. Leveling costs beyond 35 was cried about.
6. Crying about being pked in Coli began and continued for a log time.
7. A new leveling system was created, then cried about because people had to leave town to aquire some of the drops.(this was done backdoor style, via memos to staff and tickets.)

Most of this crying has been by one clan because they could not do anything like aonother clan. In the process of all the pissing and moaning, they have managed to have changed anything that gave anyone other than themselves an advantage. So because they were not good at an easy enough game like nm, a text based game non the less, not even like one of the newer, fancier games that take hand-to-eye co-ordination, or hang man, something that requires a bit of thought.

Nope, nightmist is pretty much a game you only need to know how to move around in, and click a mouse or a macro key. Way to hard for alot of people it seems.

#1 was cried about for so long and hard I am very surprised it did not get changed, or even removed.

#2 was cried about and now people who have made a decent effort to get a fairly decent kill list for recognition of their playing efforts is null and void now.***

#3 The nightshade one makes me laugh. The ones who cried about it so vehimately, are the ones who used to use them to begin with, and failed misserably in doing so. So they are not good at using them, they want the ones who are good at it to not be able to use them much anymore? Go figure.

#4 Has not been changed as of yet, but I still wait for "the shoe to drop"n this one. Or even making 1alt nopk at all.

#5 This issue has just recently been discussed by the ones who are not very good at the game and cry about everything. They even managed to make a realatively semi retarded suggestion about having random everyday mobs drop anything from coli tokens, to cobalts. Talk about making the economy way out of whack on that idea.

#6 This one I can understand, but do not agree with it, or the reason why it was impemented.### The colisum is a battle ground. You pay a fee and you fight and kill. The colisum is run by a man who creates death everyday and why wouldn't he accept another payment when some othe rparty is in there. More bloodshed for the fans who are in the stands.

#7 This new idea was put into placce a little less than 3 months ago. Now that #6 is being done, no one will do the new system that staff on 1alt busted their ass to create. If #6 was going to be done anyway, why on earth would the admins allow said staff to waste their time to begin with?

So thanks for making a realatively easy game for alot of people more boring. The whole "If we can't do it, no one else should be able to do it either" way of thinking has made this once simple game nothing more than a bore fest.

***Yes, some people even used the kill list to scout around for people to pk, but that is the chance you take when you kill so many more mobs than others. Variety is more fun then sitting in one area and clicking the mouse or pushing an "f" key a few times before moving to the very next square and then back again.

###One of the main reasons the admins agreed to this new change is that they got tired of all the meos and tickets complaining about the situation. Crying relentlessly about one thing over a long period of time wears people down I guess, and gets you what you want. I wonder if I memo staff and write tickets obsessively, will I get something I want next?
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#2 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:46 AM

I understand everything you say, but I think your missing one important fact.

The playerbase of this game is so low, the fact a few select people, namely the same 4, can go around and hunt people endlessly with such ease as knowing where they train without even looking around the game, something had to be done. Even as much as always camping a boss that's needed to kill to level. It only takes 1 person to stop 10, that's stupid and unfair, regardless of whether it could be done back to someone. The item leveling system fixed this slightly, but then the same monsters are always looked at over and over.

These players, sadly you Walt, being one of them, have hurt this server more than any player that has been perm banned in my view. Stop whining now that pking isn't as available, and go look for people while they train.

Edit: You cry about the game becoming easy, but how long has it been since you've even played the game? I noticed you leveled Hitokiri recently, so maybe you started. You do something even easier most of the time, pking, with all the information of when they're training, and what they're training on.

1. How about before thieves were able to click anything cause none had 6stam and pande cried and cried about mages, and not only did they get beam lowered, antimagic armor was given out. Was it fair? Was it balanced? Guess according to walt is doesn't matter, cause a particular group of people got their way.

2. As soon as sabretooth came out, someone in pande said to make it not stealable from. Was it fair or balanced? Doesn't matter, pande got their way.

3. Senant mountain being nopk got taken off. Need I repeat the last sentence again?

Things are changed when they should be. If everything on your list has been cried about so much and so often, why isn't all of it changed? I still think dotw is too cheap for only thieves to have, and I complain alot, where is the bias you talk of?

Edited by Cruxis, 28 March 2010 - 04:41 AM.

#3 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:07 AM

Posted Image

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#4 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:17 AM

/lol
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#5 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:29 AM

...Even as much as always camping a boss that's needed to kill to level. It only takes 1 person to stop 10, that's stupid and unfair, regardless of whether it could be done back to someone. The item leveling system fixed this slightly, but then the same monsters are always looked at over and over.

So you all cried and cried and cried some more, begging for a different way to level. You got your wish, and now cry and cry and cry to staff because that was not exactly what you guys wanted. And you can still get pked while out training and makig gold at the same time getting items you need to level. Why don't you guys just ask for a guild in NM that you ca just push a button once you get your exp for that level? Or is that next?

I mean, jebus friggin chritmas, how moosing easy do you want this game to be? Oh,I forgot we are playing a game where you can pk other people, but you really shouldn't do it though.

These players, sadly you Walt, being one of them, have hurt this server more than any player that has been perm banned in my view. Stop whining now that pking isn't as available, and go look for people while they train.

WoW, so I am worse than any perm banned player that has stolen a nutston worth of gold, items, and characters? Is this just worse then them all, or combined??

Since you and your clan holds perm banned players so high and reverantly, I MUST BE mooseING UBER THEN!!!!

#6 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:36 AM

And this is why everyone including staff find your nuts to be amusing.

Your doing nothing more then the people your trying to flame.

Example.

So and so bitched about something and it got changed. So im gonna pregnant dog about it being changed??

Sounds logical to me.

Don't be butt hurt that you can't wait for someone to log, check to see what mobs went up, run there and wait. Now you have to.... OMG NO WAY HUNT FOR PKS!!!!!!

Grow a pair > Learn the map > Pk = Win

Spend less time doing what your trying to flame people for doing.

If anything the kill list going away makes the game harder then easier.

The new leveling system isn't a waste just because now some noob cant go up with 14 shades and ruin a trip. It lets those who can't be on all the time (unlike some people) the chance to buy/horde items and level BY THEMSELVES. EXAMPLE. /who Solstice.

P.F.S - Don't lose at one topic. Start another one and pregnant dog about something else.

P.F.S #2 - I don't know of ANY perm-banned player that has stolen anything on 1a. But we all know you have the inside edition on anything that's ever happened related to nightmist.

Edited by Freek, 28 March 2010 - 04:47 AM.

Freek ingame.

#7 Rafa

Rafa
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:49 AM

woooot wooooot woooot WHALES FTW!!! VIVA MEXICO TENGO EL GATO EN LOS PANTALONES

#8 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:51 AM

Convenient you only protect one thing, but I always knew this is what you were scared of.

Is pking at gristle that big a deal to you? Do you love your NM supremacy that much? Thieves are a top pking class on this game, and now that we can level them decently, you must be scared. It's obvious how much you've shown it, trash talking players saying they'll never be let in pande. Everytime DA seemed to even rival you for a second, you suddenly recruit, no matter the person. Now even Jake is in there, I wonder how many posts on this forum we can find with you bad talking Jake about him leaving pande so many times and that he's trash and will never be let in. Where is he now? Certainly not in pande right?

I guess there's no more point in trying to argue with you, this is a personal issue of yours. Please take it elsewhere.

#9 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:56 AM

As for Pdiddy.

You say pking got nerfed?

Removing a list of kills NERFED pking?

Addding a LOW % side effect to a pot NERFED pking?

Can you not still see other players pictures when they are on the same square training with you? Or did the kill list make them........ Invisible..?

Can you not still drink the potion that makes you like two people? Or does it having a low % chance to kill you make it to where..... /use nightshade.. is broken?

Side note: Agreed 7stam/8Stam should come no earlier then 36.
Freek ingame.

#10 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:19 AM

And this is why everyone including staff find your nuts to be amusing.

Your doing nothing more then the people your trying to flame.

Example.

So and so bitched about something and it got changed. So im gonna pregnant dog about it being changed??

Sounds logical to me.

Don't be butt hurt that you can't wait for someone to log, check to see what mobs went up, run there and wait. Now you have to.... OMG NO WAY HUNT FOR PKS!!!!!!

Grow a pair > Learn the map > Pk = Win

Spend less time doing what your trying to flame people for doing.

If anything the kill list going away makes the game harder then easier.

The new leveling system isn't a waste just because now some noob cant go up with 14 shades and ruin a trip. It lets those who can't be on all the time (unlike some people) the chance to buy/horde items and level BY THEMSELVES. EXAMPLE. /who Solstice.

P.F.S - Don't lose at one topic. Start another one and pregnant dog about something else.

P.F.S #2 - I don't know of ANY perm-banned player that has stolen anything on 1a. But we all know you have the inside edition on anything that's ever happened related to nightmist.

You think I sit around all day waiting for people to log off and don't go around pking anyone I find in my travels. I guess the 1500+ pks I have gotten all came from sitting and waiting for hours on end didn't they?

As for people being on alll the time, taking a dig at me or my wife, or are you speaking of half of your clan, even the ones who multipc all the time when staff aren't around?

As for the permed banned comment, you stole more off of the players on 1alt then most perm banned players ever did on main. THe 2-3 times you got caught being back on peoples accounts, cause massive deletions, is just as bad as stealing. You set those that are crying for easier nm back so badly that it took almost a year for them to even be remotely caught up.

But then again, your clan likes thieves and cheaters. Why wouldn't they, most of your founders are one or the other.

Convenient you only protect one thing, but I always knew this is what you were scared of.

Is pking at gristle that big a deal to you? Do you love your NM supremacy that much? Thieves are a top pking class on this game, and now that we can level them decently, you must be scared. It's obvious how much you've shown it, trash talking players saying they'll never be let in pande. Everytime DA seemed to even rival you for a second, you suddenly recruit, no matter the person. Now even Jake is in there, I wonder how many posts on this forum we can find with you bad talking Jake about him leaving pande so many times and that he's trash and will never be let in. Where is he now? Certainly not in pande right?

I guess there's no more point in trying to argue with you, this is a personal issue of yours. Please take it elsewhere.

Yep, all I want to do is sit at Gristle all day, every day pking any non clannies that attempt to go in. I am truely scared too, because dying on an internet game will ruin my status in life. I may even stay up day and night and possibly lose my jobs over it. Or maybe I'll attempt to go back to school, and then quit to play nm again. NM 4 LIFE!!!!!

As for allowing Jake back into Pande, it was a clan wide decision, not my own. But you must be mad that I told you you can't come back to pande after all the times you asked to rejoin. Dust off your shoulder, it has a bit of salt on it.

And where would you like me to take it? Should i constantly memo staff and beg for a change like you kids did? Or cry in tickets until they cave in because they are tired of hearing you cry?

#11 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:21 AM

As for the kill list, it should be brought back. Allow it to update every server roll over for all I care. By that time people will have moved on.

Some of us that play the game actually care about the list they aquired and spent time working on.

#12 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:24 AM

Hah, I wouldn't join pande if you begged me, it's been that way for the last year, I asked you seriously to join once (I joked about it all the time when you guys begged me to come back, but I didn't wanna leave DA). You beg me to join when your down, and then toss me aside when you don't need the help. I complain that it happened since it was a very bias decision of your clan, but have I asked to join again? No, and I won't.

You guys are abunch of immature tunips who care way to much about the game, it's very true.

Oh, who just made 2 characters Named Da and Sucks and paged me "." on both? You guys don't care much about NM at all.

Clan wide decision eh? Obvious, your all as desperate as the next. I can recall more than half of your current members saying Jake will never join.

Thank you Quinton, Speedy, and Paul. You are Pande members who are not crap, but I will still pk you cause your following...that.

Edit: Walts post
"guess the 1500+ pks I have gotten all came from sitting and waiting for hours on end didn't they?"

I'm not sure how many of your pks you've gotten from this, but when your members "switch out shifts" for 2 days waiting for my crit to log on...nah no one waits hours on end for pking.

You guys take it..just too far, and it's sad that it takes so few people to ruin to game for everyone if they choose.

Edit2: Forgot that pande got a few new players since they needed them so badly, so add Di to the list on pande non failures.

Edited by Cruxis, 28 March 2010 - 05:42 AM.

#13 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:18 AM

Anyway, I want to thank you all for dumbing down nm so well. Now I have to adapt my playing skills down to your level. I need to smash my head with a cast iron skillet a few hundred times before I can get down to your playing level though. I'll get right on that.

#14 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

Hah, I wouldn't join pande if you begged me, it's been that way for the last year, I asked you seriously to join once (I joked about it all the time when you guys begged me to come back, but I didn't wanna leave DA). You beg me to join when your down, and then toss me aside when you don't need the help. I complain that it happened since it was a very bias decision of your clan, but have I asked to join again? No, and I won't.

You guys are abunch of immature tunips who care way to much about the game, it's very true.

Oh, who just made 2 characters Named Da and Sucks and paged me "." on both? You guys don't care much about NM at all.

Clan wide decision eh? Obvious, your all as desperate as the next. I can recall more than half of your current members saying Jake will never join.

Thank you Quinton, Speedy, and Paul. You are Pande members who are not crap, but I will still pk you cause your following...that.

Edit: Walts post
"guess the 1500+ pks I have gotten all came from sitting and waiting for hours on end didn't they?"

I'm not sure how many of your pks you've gotten from this, but when your members "switch out shifts" for 2 days waiting for my crit to log on...nah no one waits hours on end for pking.

You guys take it..just too far, and it's sad that it takes so few people to ruin to game for everyone if they choose.

Edit2: Forgot that pande got a few new players since they needed them so badly, so add Di to the list on pande non failures.

K lets touch on alot of things here.

First off alot of the people that said i would never be in pandemonium are in your clan bro. I only know of 1 or 2 left in here that said i wouldnt.

Secondly i dont remember beam being lowered at all, as far as i know beam hits just as hard now as it ever has.

Third the anti-magic stuff came out when the two main clans was MD and Last Stand, i was a part of Last Stand when this happened and our main pker was a mage as well. Remember a certain lvl 29 half elf mage that dominated for a while?

I was not asked to join Pandemonium. I had asked to join back over 2 months before i ever got it. I went and did a job and came back and let them know i would be able to be more active. Considering this and the fact that mostly my friends were left in Pandemonium they considered to see what everyone in the clan thought. Turns out most of the clan does like me. So i got let in.

I do agree that the new lvling system was a waste if coliseum was gonna be changed but also in a perspective it does allow people to lvl on their own up to lvl 35.

The kill list thing is stupid, i think if you sit in one place and kill same thing constantly then you deserve to get pked.

Nightshades although were a nuisance before, i think should be changed back since they pose no threat to the coliseum now.

Another thing, i was one of the most active pkers on this server at one time, and i wasnt even in Pande when i did it, and i didnt use the kill list either, but then again not everyone has a spyglass to spot their pks. Plz tell me they wont change a spyglass next!

Basically you got your way now, but dont think that alot of us wont fight for other things to change as well, i personally want the shades back the way they was.
Peacemaker both servers.

#15 Piggy

Piggy
  • Game Staff
  • 841 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

*glad I left staff team*

Piggy Or Derlok ingame

#16 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

*glad I left staff team*

Luckily for you, you did leave. Otherwise all the memos Oracle recieved about unfairness would ahve gone to you too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users