Dangerous

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 SuperJase

SuperJase
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:48 PM

You have increased to level 36, and gained 31 hp.

Chris sold me this zerk at lvl 35 mind you, and it had like 89% exp when i bought it. So most of the grats goto Chris.

There is no lvl 36 item for a zerk yet, and it would be cool if the playerbase had some imput in the item i was given.

Considering all the other classes get to hand in the best armor and get a cool renamed version, what should zerkers get? A weapon, obviously. Now all zerkers that are used, either have a cobalt or a SoE. Cobalt is WAY to expensive to have as a renamed item, and SoE would devalue ALOT when handing it in, because it is class restricting an item that is not already class restricted.

My personal veiw is to Exchange SoE, and get back an item with a higher vampyric base. 29bd and .10 vampyric. Like Soul Ripper on main. This sounds like a fair exchange for zerkers, but it would be cool to have the rest of the player base's input.

Possibly 28 bd and .10 vamp?

30 bd and .05 damage?

Lets get some idea's together and see what staff can do! :P

- Jase

#2 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:33 PM

I would suggest adding soul ripper into 1a and make it craftable
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#3 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:10 PM

When chris suggested SoE to be changed, i didnt support it at all, but if it were changed in this way i would support it. Because its not just changing it for no reason basically, you earn the right to change it. Anyways, i had the same trouble with day when we lvld it to 36 and supposedly it was already possible to trade in the mages armor(it wasnt, although thats what "staff" told me). Anyways, good luck with some lvl 36 exclusive item.
Apocalypto

#4 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:15 PM

p.s. funny how it's still so deep rooted that we call it a to do list. To be able to carry that name, some needs to be done once in a while you'd reckon. Suprise, suprise, NM is full of lies.

Theres your reply in a diff post.
http://www.nightmist...showtopic=31749
is the post if you wana give it a read.

Pretty much stop these posts cuz nothing is going to get done
Astinus on 1alt Only

#5 SuperJase

SuperJase
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:21 PM

Prototype SUGGESTED we make a post surrounded it. So please stop the negativity, because it will get done.

#6 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:46 PM

It would be really hard to decide on what to do for zerks. Seeing as how zerks really don't get that much in the way of items.

As I don't play 1a much, I had no idea you guys got something when you hit level 36. Which is pretty cool. But 1a getting Soul Ripper would be pretty cool. Whether the only way to get it would be by turning in an SoE at 36 for your grandmaster item, or it being craftable. Would make a nice addition to zerks on that server.

Edit: Btw, gratz on lvl Jase.

Edited by Pureza, 09 November 2009 - 11:51 PM.

Jaded ingame.

#7 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:46 PM

The zerk equivalent to Cloak of the Avenger would be a renamed, repic'd Adament Warhammer IMO. Not a more powerful SoE.

That being said, it should be even across the board. All classes should be able to trade a class restricted item in for a more unique version. Not a souped up version.

Not supported.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#8 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:48 AM

The zerk equivalent to Cloak of the Avenger would be a renamed, repic'd Adament Warhammer IMO. Not a more powerful SoE.

That being said, it should be even across the board. All classes should be able to trade a class restricted item in for a more unique version. Not a souped up version.

Not supported.

Agree with this actually.

edit: perhaps fighters and zerkers could all trade in for the same item. Trading in the blade of time for a "renamed repic'd" version. Only because no 30+ berserker is going to use an addy warhamer, just like no 30+ fighter is going to be using a halberd. ..

Edited by Apocalypto, 10 November 2009 - 03:30 AM.

Apocalypto

#9 SuperJase

SuperJase
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:23 PM

Just on clays point.

Every other class gets to trade in something, thats the best possible for that class. If berserkers trade in an addy warhammer(Thats not the best for that class) they wont ever get used. The reward for training to grandmaster, should be the best possible item it can be (As it is for every class currently).

This only leaves the SoE as a valid option.

Now if a SoE was changed from a level 30 item, for fighters, paladins and berserkers, to a lvl 36 item, just for berserkers, this will pretty much ruin the item, Devaluing it greatly, which none of the other items really are.(Also making it pretty worthless if you have a paladin also, that you change between).

Therefor it needs a slight boost to make it worth while.

#10 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:10 PM

This only leaves the SoE as a valid option.

No it doesn't.

Therefor it needs a slight boost to make it worth while.

No, it does not.

#11 SuperJase

SuperJase
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:13 PM

Dont care to explain your reasoning there at all? Do you even have any?

Way to look like an idiot.

#12 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

Just make it so you can trade your current weapon(or whatever is most commonly used for 36 zerks) for a renamed class restricted one, with the option of trading it back for the original if you should want to sell it?

(I.e. Maybe the npc in the Nightmist Zerker guild could take SoE and trade it for a renamed SoE that is zerk only and 36+, then you can trade it back if you want to sell it or use it on another alt)

Edited by Prophet, 10 November 2009 - 01:32 PM.

Si Senior!

#13 Tietsu of TSA

Tietsu of TSA
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:40 PM

I can see both sides of it. But if it was just a renamed SoE for a level 36 Zerker Restricted Item, I wouldn't do it. Why would I take a item, roughly worth 2.5 Mil and take the resell value to 0. I understand it's a trade to be unique, but that's not enough for me to shaft myself. Prophet had the right idea, but I don't think it'd be implimented that way. :/

#14 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:43 PM

CPA isn't the best equipment for thieves. There's also Carapace Bracers, Gauntlets of Faravar, Ilythiiri Keeshe, Emerald Dagger.

Granted, Zerks only utilize their Weapon. But my point is not all classes get their best item used. Could use BoT and make it easy and use for pally/fighter/zerk and give each respective class it's own unique name and pic and class restricted.

And "Therefor it needs a slight boost to make it worth while", you threw some information out before you said that but none of it pertains to this conclusion you came to.

Why does it need a boost? It doesn't. The weapon of choice just needs to be made more unique and rare as a sign of hitting lvl 36.

You cut me deep. I'll try and remember to cry next time.

#15 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

Generally I think the idea was it just to be something shiny as a reward for getting to 36.

Therefore, perhaps for zerks as they only use one item slot(the weapon) they could get an array of choices I.e. A Halberd/Addy/SoE/Cobalt could all be traded in to get a unique version of the weapon class restricted and level restricted.

As long as the process is reversible it doesn't stop people using the item on another alt or trade it.

Edit: Sausage is spot on when saying it shouldn't get a boost as then it would be an unfair advantage over other classes.

Edited by Prophet, 10 November 2009 - 01:51 PM.

Si Senior!

#16 SuperJase

SuperJase
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:06 PM

I totally understand that other classes dont get an upgrade on the item, But do they really need it?

Thieves - No

Mages - Meh maybe

Druid - No

And clay, CPA is the best armour for a thief. You are trading in the best armour possible, for a thief, and getting a renamed version of it. Just because its gold value isnt that of a SoE, doesnt make the principle any different.

And yes, all of the information was relevent, maybe i was batting slightly above your IQ level.

Thieves/mages/druids get the BEST item possible, to show off. This item is = the best in game item of its type. As i explained above.

This rules out, Halberd,rose blade,Addy Warhammer,and to some extent the blade of time. Not many zerks, or prominant zerks, use those weapons. They have a SoE. This is the only weapon that should be altered upon reaching level 36, because by that level, any zerk will have a SoE.

Right so, renaming a thief only item, that the thief would have been wearing, to a thief only item, that the thief will wear.

"Cloak of Avenger"

The big difference is, CPA would only ever have been equipped by thieves. And its the best armour available, and its intrinsic value is pretty low. Not so much of a biggy that you cant transfer an 80k item onto your alts, you can buy another one.

Changing a SoE (A 2.5mill) item, directly from a paladin/zerk/fighter lvl 30 weapon, to a zerk lvl 36 weapon, will diminish its value incredibly.

If this was the case, zerkers would NOT trade in the SoE. Myself included.

Berserkers, being the hardest class to solo train without a cleric/cobalt, deserve a slightly better vampyric weapon thats not a cobalt, if we're being required to devalue our SoE's upon reaching level 36.
Its a reward system at the end of the day, for the classes that require it. Thieves simply do NOT require anything better than they have. Simply another way to help balance the game :P

I tryed to dumb it down for you, Sausage. Not sure if i managed too, though. Please give the usual "WTF THIS THREAD DOES NOT GIVE MY THIEF LAZER EYES, SO I WILL UNSUPPORT ANY ATTEMPT TO REBALANCE THE GAME THAT DOESNT FAVOUR THE CLASS I USE" that the community expects from you.

#17 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:44 PM

I'm confused by this entire topic tbh - there is a clear solution.

Problem: Don't want to trade in SoE as it will devalue it.

Solution: Make the trade reversible.

So why exactly does it require a modification?

If your saying Zerkers need a boost then that should be an entirely different topic.

This solution isn't even hard to implement. Just make the SoE trade for the item with an NPC and make the same NPC trade the new item for SoE.
Si Senior!

#18 SuperJase

SuperJase
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:23 PM

If the trade was reversable, that be cool too :P

#19 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:28 PM

The topic is suggesting what should be done. I agreed your idea was good, but I'm throwing other ideas out.

I was just worried about the solution getting drowned out by a discussion on which classes are overpowered.
Si Senior!

#20 Tietsu of TSA

Tietsu of TSA
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

Agreed. I'll delete my other posts.

Edited by Tietsu of TSA, 10 November 2009 - 03:41 PM.

#21 SuperJase

SuperJase
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:08 PM

Im actually just gonna agree with Prophet's idea.

Im so glad something constructive came from a member of the community :P

gg

#22 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:29 PM

Noted :P
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#23 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:59 PM

This solution isn't even hard to implement. Just make the SoE trade for the item with an NPC and make the same NPC trade the new item for SoE.

not sure how this would work unless this said NPC isnt inside the leveling guild in TK. Last i remember when i got my cloak on my thief the guy could only be accessed at lvl 35 and when i lvled to 36 i couldnt re enter the area.
Astinus on 1alt Only

#24 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:21 PM

How about you are able to trade in a bikini for some sort of non armored tattered clothing item? I believe any other class trades in a piece of armor(clothing) and gets the same ac based item back, with just a new name and pitcure. Although other classes had to spend a fair chunk of change on said item, or get it as a drop from a boss, alowing a zerk to trade in a bathin suite seems a bit fair, as zerks are a bit harder to train up.

Edit: Zerks have no need for a newer, better weapon as they are beasts already.

And I say no go on the trade reversal, as it would not be fair to any other class for having to shell out some gold or spend time killing a certain boss for said item, only to have to trade it away.

Plus giving a zerk something to wear would make their look over that much better, wich is only what the level 36 item trade in was all about.

Edited by Walt, 10 November 2009 - 06:24 PM.

I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#25 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:38 PM

not sure how this would work unless this said NPC isnt inside the leveling guild in TK. Last i remember when i got my cloak on my thief the guy could only be accessed at lvl 35 and when i lvled to 36 i couldnt re enter the area.

Put it in the Nightmist berserker leveling guild, so that its easily accesible. Yes theoretically none 36's could trade for the weapon, but they can't equip it so...

And I say no go on the trade reversal, as it would not be fair to any other class for having to shell out some gold or spend time killing a certain boss for said item, only to have to trade it away.

Make other classes be able to reverse their trade as well?

Edited by Prophet, 10 November 2009 - 06:40 PM.

Si Senior!

#26 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

Why not make your last level up reversable as well, just in case you get a bad hp gain.

Imo, nothing should be reversable. Once you make a trade, or anything of the sort, it is a done deal, and you live with your choice.

#27 SuperJase

SuperJase
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

Why not have something reversable? Its obviously the best way to do it. Who says once you recieve an item, it shouldnt be able to be traded back?

Giving berserkers an item that actually does nothing, would be the worst idea ever. It has to be the weapon slot, and thats been discussed by most of staff and agree'd already.

And no, zerks are not "Beasts" as you describe them. Considering what it takes to level one, and how easy they are to pk, they are still very under-powered compared to the other classes.

Also was there any need for the part about reversing a hp gain? it was totally irrelevant to the discussion. Reversing an item trade, that you make completely by choice, should be a personal choice.

#28 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

Giving berserkers an item that actually does nothing, would be the worst idea ever. It has to be the weapon slot, and thats been discussed by most of staff and agree'd already.

Also was there any need for the part about reversing a hp gain? it was totally irrelevant to the discussion. Reversing an item trade, that you make completely by choice, should be a personal choice.

All of the items that are traded in are nothing but mear "Mirrors" of that same item. Only a different name and picture. So going from a bikini to some tattered clothing would imo be a very nice improvement.

The hp thing may have been a bit over the top, but it fits. You are making an on the spot decision as to wether or not you want to trade in your item you know all about, to get a new item, that may or may not be as good as what you may be getting in return.

#29 SuperJase

SuperJase
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:31 PM

But in turn, all the other items are useful, and best item for that class.

Having a 0 armor reward for leveling to 36, when all the other classes get a useful item they will use, is the problem.

#30 SuperJase

SuperJase
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

And it doesnt fit, because with the hp thing, you will get an increased damage, increased hp, increased hitrate, no matter what. With this, you are handing one item, for another. If the item that is being handed is going to be devalue'd to 0, it wont get given in. And this is ment to be a reward, not a punishment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users