• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:50 AM

I don't mind seeing some expensive items put in game, but realize that it does then limit the kind of new boss drops that we can introduce. I'd rather see more difficult 31+ areas/bosses put into play than just a gold sink. --Trevayne

This is following on from that quote under "Suggestions For Multi". I'm not sure if Trevayne or another area designer has an area in the works (I started designing a kind of quest area, but since staff haven't mentioned anything to me privately I'm assuming that it's a no-go), but "Medora's Area" is the only one that I know has been in development for some time.

Anyway, I am wondering if it's an idea to have the player-base suggest item designs for the area's boss drops, and the best ones get implemented, with or without minor modifications. The area's general theme may have to be described (even if quite vague) so the item designs are more likely to be fitting.

Edited by Crane, 14 February 2009 - 05:51 AM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#2 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:13 AM

I think you mean designing as in coming up with stats etc. But I got a pic (that i made over a year ago) that was supposed to replace the Angelic Scepter, but never did. Someone might be able to use it for something else, would be a cool high-level weapon for cleric or something.

Posted Image
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#3 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

Spyglass varients!

Library info for Enchanted Spyglass:
Armor base: 1, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: The player that has this rare bracelet equipped has the ability to see people in the surrounding areas without being detected. This particular spyglass had it’s lenses replaced with enigmatic crystals which glints slightly, Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for Pet Falcon:*
Armor base: 0, Can be worn by: rangers, druids, Description: The falcon is a grey predator bird with powerful wings, trained to obey simple gestures. When not busy cleaning her feathers, she usually flies high into the air and warns her owner about hidden enemies.., Level needed to equip it: 21, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.
*Equips into shield slot, acts as spyglass

Library info for Gem of Truth:*
Armor base: 0, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifist, Description: A rare stone by cut a skillful gnome jeweller. Traditionally it’s never sold to outsiders and one must be earn a great deal of respect in gnomish community to be presented with this treasure. When held tightly in the left arm and gazed into, the one can see through all lies and illusions, Level needed to equip it: 25, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.
*Equips into shield slot, acts as spyglass
Does not play well with others.

#4 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:44 PM

Rather than having a lot of random suggestions, I'd rather post a few requests for types of items that are likely to be used. This way, people don't waste their time. I'll post a few new topics in the next week or so looking for specific item criteria.

/t Sleeping, sadly, spyglasses are one of the few things that are hard-coded as items and can't easily be replicated. If I create an item with identical stats as the spyglass, but with a different name, it won't actually let you /spy.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#5 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

How about an area where you get on board a ship, then "sail" the ship (using teleport buttons). The ship gets wrecked on a mysterious island and you have to find wood to repair the ship, of course en route to the wood you find all kinds of trouble...

As luck would have it I have such an area pre-written (and have done for 3 years now XD)

Want it?
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#6 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:28 AM

No.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#7 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:37 AM

yes wanted
f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#8 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:30 AM

Medora's area is deep and moist. There is a jungle of epic proportions, and a hole that cuts deep into the earth, and smells like a can of tuna.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#9 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:31 PM

Behave.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#10 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:48 PM

LOL
Autek in game.

#11 Equinox

Equinox
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:21 PM

:ph34r: ;) jazza <3
MAIN: Equinox

#12 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

Medora's area is deep and moist. There is a jungle of epic proportions, and a hole that cuts deep into the earth, and smells like a can of tuna.

Rofl.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users