Whining About The Success Of Others?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tecton

Tecton
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

Don't you just love it when people whine about how cool you are? It's the same thing as saying, "I'm jealous because you are so great." Some of you reading this would rather whine than listen to what I have to say, so that's perfectly fine with me. But I'm tired of hearing it.

Do you have a gripe because somebody else is better than you? Planned better? Has worked at it longer and has made good decisions? Why should they be penalized? Do you really want staff to intervene, and level the playing field? Maybe your complaint isn't really that Nightmist Multi is nopk. Maybe your complaint is that 1A should be set to /no XP. That would certainly help a lot. We could just issue everyone a short sword, and make sure that no one can leave the town of Nightmist. You could be assigned to a random clan when you logged on, and never be allowed to change.

Of course I'm being facetious. Here's notice that until I'm instructed that this punishment is too severe, this is what you will earn:

If you complain about a player's success, the crit that complained will get their staff comment changed to something that praises the person you are complaining about. Complain about a clan, and the clan is praised. It's just that simple. No, you're not going to like it. My hope is that at least it will cut down on whining.

Don't like the comment? For the first infraction, you might be able to get it removed (depending on the severity of the complaint) by honestly agreeing to stop with the whining. Second offense? You get to wear the praise comment for a full week. Third infraction? You wear it for a month. Fourth infraction? maybe we'll decide to give your crit to that person, wouldn't that be sweet!

Now some of you clever people out there will decide, "that Tecton is such a putz. I can get a free vanity tag by getting somebody to work with me". Well sorry about that--but I'm already on to that. I wouldn't try that. You'll get a far more embarrassing staff comment, and the unlikelihood that any staff would want to remove it for you.

Let's celebrate the chance to excel, shall we? The success of some should herald the possibilities for you as well!

Tecton. Supreme commander of all I survey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users