• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DragonHeart

DragonHeart

SnowMan1986

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 07:05 AM

I miss the random gains,i think they should be brought back,i liked clicking the "Buy training" button and not knowing what the gain will be. nowadays,you can train a crit up as cleric/paci to see what the gains will be then if they are pretty decent,reset into whatever.
Crusader/Raistlin/Spyhunter ingame

#2 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 04:25 PM

I miss the random gains,i think they should be brought back,i liked clicking the "Buy training" button and not knowing what the gain will be. nowadays,you can train a crit up as cleric/paci to see what the gains will be then if they are pretty decent,reset into whatever.

The gains are still random. Even if one were to reset, doesn't guarantee that the crit will even get better HP..

Here lately, I've known some people that have reset a crit after getting majorly crappy gains and the HP they gain is exactly the same on given class of crit.

#3 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 07:17 PM

no duh, hes talkin bout back when every hp gain was random, u could train a crit up to 10 and get diff hp every time better or worse
Primex ingame

#4 DragonHeart

DragonHeart

SnowMan1986

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:46 AM

Yes,it made the game alot more fun back then,like exodia said,diff. hp each time.

#5 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:44 PM

Why was it more fun? Cus all the crits were getting high HP after people would re-level them to 10 time and time again..
I do think that each classes HP gains should be independant of the other classes that character has been. At the moment if a character gets poor HP (as said above) in one class, it basicly means that character is doomed with low HP for all classes.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#6 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:36 PM

yeh and thats a good thing not bad lol
Primex ingame

#7 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:04 AM

I think the hp should be different for every class you make it, not if you get low hp as one it stays for the rest too. But i disagree with making it random everytime again.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#8 DragonHeart

DragonHeart

SnowMan1986

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:55 AM

hmm,after hearing your opinions,i agree. but i also agree with deadman's post,the gains should be reset if it is changed into a different class.

#9 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:11 PM

Agree with Alone and Fearless on this. Different HP seed for each class.
Autek in game.

#10 DragonHeart

DragonHeart

SnowMan1986

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:07 AM

another thing,has any crit taken the top hp for its race/class since the set gains were put in? i mean without /reset on it.

#11 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:46 PM

I think the current system for HP on everyone except mages is fine, as is that for MP on mages.

However why the hell do mages have fixed hp, and non-mage magic users have fixed mp? It takes away a potential point of individuality from those crits!

#12 EzPk

EzPk
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:48 AM

I'd love to righteous fury a party of 20, that'd be great :) more mp for clerics plz!

#13 .?.

.?.
  • Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:06 AM

yeah it was fun back then when that could happen, i see why JLH changed it though,

I bought an elf cleric once, 1 off 6 stat, i reset it atleast 25+ times, and it ended up being the best, /who adio

But i agree with tony, diffrent hp rolls for diffrent classes would be great, just make sure its fixed for that class so people don't reset to something else, then reset back to get a diffrent roll
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.

#14 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:05 PM

yeah it was fun back then when that could happen, i see why JLH changed it though,

I bought an elf cleric once, 1 off 6 stat, i reset it atleast 25+ times, and it ended up being the best, /who adio

But i agree with tony, diffrent hp rolls for diffrent classes would be great, just make sure its fixed for that class so people don't reset to something else, then reset back to get a diffrent roll

Best what, mana?
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#15 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:19 PM

Probably means best in general... HP and Stats combined.
Autek in game.

#16 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:01 PM

I'd like it to just be how it was---reset = new hp entirely no matter class or anything.
However, I really just don't care enough to think any of it should be changed from how it works now.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users