Disallow Special Pots In Events?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Dracon

Dracon
  • Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:42 AM

Ok I know this has been previously talked about, but come on. Everyone have been using Nightshades/Vamp pots and even Tarma ;)
But seriously, where's the fun in that?
Druids>other druids just because they had more NS pots, or Zerks>Fighter just because the zerk had vamp pots. I'm not saying any names, because it's not like I don't use special pots, but aren't they kind of annoying and just ruining the good old 1v1?

I also know that there aren't any other events, except maybe Triplex, to use special pots. All I'm saying is that 1alt PT has been turned into 'Special Pots Event'.

:wub:
It's not how hard you punch, but how deep that matters! ¤»IñÐømîñåߣ뫤

Timing...

#2 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:05 AM

Ageed, I have tried to run this point in the past as well.. They have no business being in events, the events should be won with skill not who brings in/can afford to bring in more special pots. The event means nothing that way.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#3 Spectra

Spectra
  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:28 AM

Ok I know this has been previously talked about, but come on. Everyone have been using Nightshades/Vamp pots and even Tarma ;)
But seriously, where's the fun in that?
Druids>other druids just because they had more NS pots, or Zerks>Fighter just because the zerk had vamp pots. I'm not saying any names, because it's not like I don't use special pots, but aren't they kind of annoying and just ruining the good old 1v1?

I also know that there aren't any other events, except maybe Triplex, to use special pots. All I'm saying is that 1alt PT has been turned into 'Special Pots Event'.

:wub:

lol i've used 10 ns once trying to round one mage *cough* chiquita *cough* :wub: and i realized its like having one jaguar potion with a price of 50k :wub:

so yeh i support it
"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light-for the fruit of light consists in all Goodness, Righteousness and Truth"

#4 hotsauce

hotsauce
  • Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:01 AM

how about, if you can get em you can use em? or i go a new arguement for yas after this, make events so all participants must have same exact equips because a druid with sg's is greater then a druid with no sg's.....then i dont know what else yas could argue about but im sure you can find a new one. I dont see anything wrong with the special pots lol, everyone can get them if they go searching, if you dont have any of them then get off your lazy arse and go find them, or stfu about the people who arent lazy that go and collect them for these events, i dont see any other purpose for these pots really accept events

#5 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:25 AM

idc who made this post and who says we should mooseing change it, its been brought up DEAL WITH IT.

Im surprised ur asking for this ryan, id imagine ud be the guy up for whoring special pots for kick ;)

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#6 Dracon

Dracon
  • Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:22 AM

how about, if you can get em you can use em? or i go a new arguement for yas after this, make events so all participants must have same exact equips because a druid with sg's is greater then a druid with no sg's.....then i dont know what else yas could argue about but im sure you can find a new one. I dont see anything wrong with the special pots lol, everyone can get them if they go searching, if you dont have any of them then get off your lazy arse and go find them, or stfu about the people who arent lazy that go and collect them for these events, i dont see any other purpose for these pots really accept events

Now first of all, I'm not suggesting that special pots shouldn't be allowed in events, even though the topic may sound like it. I'm just giving out my opinions, just how everybody would when they feel strongly about it. ^Game Discussion^

And Sam, 14x A Nightshade Elixir for 50,000 on site all from K to the Nizzle

Timing...

#7 Josh00089

Josh00089
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:14 AM

i agree with tony hotsauce

if you use em, you win so what your fault you dont have them, lol

#8 Dracon

Dracon
  • Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:21 AM

Hey I guess I'm one of those who enjoys the fun more than the winning. ;)

Timing...

#9 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:44 AM

lol wtf its no fun if you dont win ;)

Personally I think it would be cool if bringing in special pots became something that everyone did. Would make it fun :wub:
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#10 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 10:26 AM

When I invented Melee I added a rule of only two special pots per crit entering (next Melee I run thieves will be allowed extra to even the field) and it seemed to work nicely.

That, however, was an event I created and could pretty much do what I like with. Some of these other events have been around longer than me with no such rules so I really don't see why it should change now.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#11 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:15 PM

People still actually buy Nightshades? Wow.

I'm of the view stated previously. If you ban special pots, then everyone should only be allowed to use what they can buy with 200gold, it's what we all started with, and if we're not allowed to use something we pick up, we shouldn't be allowed to use something we work for to afford either.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#12 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:35 PM

I'd like to see everyone in these events using more special pots. It sucks some gold out of the economy and would actually make some people leave the gatehouses once in a while to re-supply themselves.

Enforcing a no-special-pots rule would also require staff to check inventories of every entering crit... which would add more time to these events and make it less likely that staff would run them.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#13 Khemere

Khemere
  • Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:43 PM

just thought i might add, ive won many recent events without any special pots. Ive won triplex twice in a row, and 1 alt PT without the help of any special pots. (Zerstorung for both triplex's and fortify for 1 alt)
Dan won one of the triplex's. dunno if he used pots or not.

Special pots havnt bothered me, even when people(Cuba) decided to shade me. I just held my pot macro, healed, and smited. gg.

#14 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:11 PM

or put a "special" enhancement pot in one of the pot shops you can buy ;)
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#15 xxx G unit 2Pacs Thug Life420

xxx G unit 2Pacs Thug Life420
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:25 PM

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\,

#16 Josh00089

Josh00089
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:33 PM

Hey I guess I'm one of those who enjoys the fun more than the winning. ;)

no point to fun, if you dont win

#17 Kazul

Kazul
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:16 PM

I don't think he was requesting their ban so much as pointing out the fact that many of these events have become a test of who can carry the most nightshade/vamp pots on them to the point where it's not even a true test of skill so much as timing in using said potion.

I personally have never used a special potion in an event and i have no intention of starting now, if I win, i want it to be because i was the better man, not because I could afford something my opponent couldn't.
Solitude can be the birthplace of both genius and madness...

Can be reached In-Game on:
Kazul
Stonesour
Hangover
Maximus

#18 Josh00089

Josh00089
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:21 PM

I don't think he was requesting their ban so much as pointing out the fact that many of these events have become a test of who can carry the most nightshade/vamp pots on them to the point where it's not even a true test of skill so much as timing in using said potion.

I personally have never used a special potion in an event and i have no intention of starting now, if I win, i want it to be because i was the better man, not because I could afford something my opponent couldn't.

one thing tho i recall someone by the name of joanna entering the hierarchy tournament w/ 14 nightshades and still losing.

#19 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:31 PM

you dont have to afford the better item, otherwise you would have to take into account the equips people buy. that has to do with affording better things. the pots you can get just as easily from drops as you do in a shop.
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#20 Spectra

Spectra
  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:28 PM

You just bought a Jaguar Potion.
/grin ;)
"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light-for the fruit of light consists in all Goodness, Righteousness and Truth"

#21 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:06 PM

you wont ever use it other than for crafting.. watch
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#22 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:12 AM

i remember ryan once used a jag in triplex, i was on his team, we still lost.....(it was 3 yrs ago)

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#23 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 07:10 AM

heh i wanna see it get used o.o
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#24 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:22 AM

one thing tho i recall someone by the name of joanna entering the hierarchy tournament w/ 14 nightshades and still losing.

i sed i brought 14 as a joke, i only actually had 3, and fired em off in first round. My thief was clicked in the next round
Not that 14 nightshades would be a problem....
The vault contains: 50x Nightshade Elixir.
The vault contains: 49x Nightshade Elixir.

#25 Dracon

Dracon
  • Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:40 AM

i sed i brought 14 as a joke, i only actually had 3, and fired em off in first round. My thief was clicked in the next round
Not that 14 nightshades would be a problem....
The vault contains: 50x Nightshade Elixir.
The vault contains: 49x Nightshade Elixir.

Calculator: 99/14 = 7.07142857142857

That'd be heavy artilleries in 7 Events ;)

Timing...

#26 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:43 PM

People need to stfu about this. Its been said like 10-20 times and nothing happened so I dont think it will now.
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#27 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:01 AM

please don't post this again and let it die ;)
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#28 Kazul

Kazul
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:30 AM

bump simply because i'm an arguementative person by nature.
Solitude can be the birthplace of both genius and madness...

Can be reached In-Game on:
Kazul
Stonesour
Hangover
Maximus

#29 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:15 PM

Dude it really doesnt matter either way, I haven't used special pots in any event I have ever been in on any crit, infact when i dropped people with them i even gave the special pots to the staff running the event.

I've won some, I've lost lots no big deal its all in fun anyways its just a personal choice to use them or not for me I have simply chosen not to.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#30 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:48 AM

Warning: Keep the personal attacks elsewhere.
Aequitas In-Game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users