Stop Posting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:58 AM

We believe that someone has gotten into Elf's account and is abusing the staff character.

I know many players were just banned for no reason, and we know that a load of gold was just given out at random. JLH will handle it, everything is cool, just chill for a bit.

Please refrain from posting topics about how crazy this all is, if you need to stick around the forums and talk about it, keep it on this single topic.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#2 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:01 AM

see what happens when the entire game gets made staff

it's probably a bunch of Elf's friends, Mike kept banning them and they keep coming back so it's probably Aidon #2 situation all over again

except this time i can't be blamed
yay
"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

#3 Sera

Sera
  • Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:03 AM

Thing is, it can't be some random idiot unless they're just guessing staff commands...

#4 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:03 AM

alright here is the story as i know it..

A crit named Endow came to s gate asked us his first name.. i gave it to him he handed me 2m.. i got suspicious when i saw him hand out 20m to someone i jumped to msn msged JLH and Pandilex.. also got a page to Gaddy.. Endow said he was Simulation.. so that must be who got ahold of Elf by whatever means..
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#5 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:04 AM

the recent come back of the nm helper program really gave the persons pass when they tryed to log in to the maker of the program so thats how elfs acct was hacked
Page/Memo Beatrix

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:05 AM

I'm not sure if all players know, but even mortal characters can acess the list of commands staffers can do, and on staff characters you can check what commands are open to you by doing a simple /commands.
It does seem odd that someone would know to do either of those things very quickly; I never knew how to check staff commands as a mortal player---which is why I will not say how, don't know that it's suppose to be open to all.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#7 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:05 AM

Everyone take a deep breath. Nobody is going to make off with millions in free gold. JLH will reset the server and issue appropriate bans.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#8 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:06 AM

As Rappy said Elf probably did use Simulation/Tec's nightmist helper before JLH removed the link.. and he got her pass..
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#9 Sera

Sera
  • Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:07 AM

:'(

This is the first time I've EVER Been banned from NM

And I didn't even get to cuss anyone out.

#10 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:08 AM

i hate crying nark babies, if the hacker kept it on the dl and tony wasnt a baby, things would be ok, but the hacker is out for attention and tony is just a baby like always
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#11 Sera

Sera
  • Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:09 AM

Why don't you stfu and stop pointing fingers... and calling names....

Edited by Sera, 25 April 2006 - 03:09 AM.

#12 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:09 AM

and yeh i think its wrong, just funny and people bought things so fast lol

Edited by Lappa, 25 April 2006 - 03:10 AM.

-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#13 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:15 AM

I blame kalypso.

I wasn't on for aidon, so this was almost as good..Vive la aidon!
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#14 AnEskimo

AnEskimo
  • Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:16 AM

Yeah this is pretty lame. Lets all hack staffs account so we can ruin the simple pleasures of an online game. How clever, sitting behind a computer screen thinking your cool because you're messing with a text-based game. I salute cool people like you.
GUѧ Ñ' ®Õ§€§ -- ÅÞÞËTÎTÈ FØ® DɧT®u©TÎøÑ
Metal/Tanis in game.

#15 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:17 AM

1: Simulation is at fault, trying to seem innocent on forums.

2: Simulation got blamed (who would really give out their main when they do something like this).

I beleive it is Simulation, cause most people would go to option 2, no one would be stupid enough to give out their main, but maybe I give him too much credit. If I did it, I'd say I was Blaste, then try and look innocent on forums looking like I was blamed. 2ez

#16 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

I'm not going through deleting posts.
Be aware that you will be responsible for things you post.

#17 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

wow tony, you must not know jack, i get an acct from ana free and all of a sudden you say how "clever" i am, and i never said i didnt work for my stuff, but i did for some
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#18 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:22 AM

blame canada
Sublime - 1a.

#19 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:26 AM

so funny
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

#20 Cosworth

Cosworth
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:34 AM

well i just got asked if i did it on msn

i can tell you no i never

and would appreciate that rumor being stopped before it gets started so if JLH/Pandilex could check and confirm it would be appreciated
Iguanas ate my signature because it had an image in it.

#21 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:43 AM

well i just got asked if i did it on msn

i can tell you no i never

and would appreciate that rumor being stopped before it gets started so if JLH/Pandilex could check and confirm it would be appreciated

oh come on, everyone knows you're not THAT smart.......

don't start a rumor like that !!!!!!!!!!

#22 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:58 AM

blame canada

/nod x13829037218941679541687361893682498512875389721637892179537812965421639821769

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#23 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:14 AM

Well gee, this could have been stopped if JLH had perm banned Simulation from the start for hacking my account. Me and another clannie had downloaded that helper before he started advertising it on the forums. (he was a clannie, thought I could trust him). 24 hours before he posts the link, he jacks my account, jacks a good crit from the other clannie. I didn't put two and two together till after the post had came out and I didn't know Poker was the same person as Simulation. So we learn something new every day.

#24 A_Friend

A_Friend
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:15 AM

Uhhmm is there anyone I can speak to?

I know a few things about who did what in this little event...
Please catch me on aim
DxJ dUcKie

#25 Sera

Sera
  • Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:15 AM

Message Forwarded From A_Friend

Uhhm any staff peoples on haha i know who did it and alot of other stuff =) and i'd be certainly willing to give over some info for...a price =)

Got this PM tonight.... sounds like extortion... (copied the forward from when I passed it on to JLH)

Edited by Sera, 25 April 2006 - 05:15 AM.

#26 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:03 AM

Whoever did it will get perm banned, their account will be perm banned, and the game will be rolled back. Everyone loses out, and no-one benefits. :/
If you build it, they will come.

#27 draykill

draykill
  • Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:25 AM

Good to hear.
Retired

#28 §møké

§møké
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:26 AM

wow it happened AGAIN, someone goes crazy with a staff character, BOOM EVERYONES RICH

and iam still freaken poor *cry*

how about this make it so that the staff accounts can only be internet if your isp matchs that comp(other then jlh i suppose) lol or BAN ALL

i do however agree with jen, and i do got one thing to say, doesnt it seem odd that the one that most agreed shouldn't have staff position is the one that got jacked?

(a nub mistake that she made cause this? or she have something to do with it? or something more? either way how come nubs all of a sudden get to be staff......I WANNA BE STAFF!! WOOT WOOT)

sry Elf, no offence intended

#29 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:25 AM

Elf isn't involved in it. It's just some loser looking for attention or he'd had never gotten caught in the first place.

#30 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:27 AM

all sorted, locked
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users