Anime/manga

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 An Eskimo

An Eskimo
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 02:14 AM

If you do, what is your favorite? I would have to say I like Escaflowne myself. I like many others, but that is my favorite. Naruto is another favorite of mine.
GÚñ§ Ñ' ®Õ§€§
Support Eskimos. Down with the Penguins.
SK84LIFE!
Metal in game.

#2 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 02:17 AM

Escaflowne is good, but I love Neon Genesis, Tekkaman Blade and Samurai Pizza Cats. I have whole series of neon genesis on DVD (including Death & Rebirth), and also the whole series of Tekkaman Blade (aka Spaceknight Teknoman or Teknoman) too. :)
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#3 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 02:42 AM

ooo I love Naruto! :)
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#4 surkillalot

surkillalot
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:09 AM

POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!

j/k i like inyushia great show

Edited by surkillalot, 23 February 2004 - 03:10 AM.

Good Vs. Evil who will win???

No images allowed in signatures - Crane

#5 Vampyre

Vampyre
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:25 AM

.hack//sign and chobits
Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Misconception what you see.
Happiness this cannot be.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

#6 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:34 AM

The latest anime I have watched is Tokyo Babylon. It was really good, expecially the DVD menu song. It's older though.

I used to be an uber anime nerd, but i've kind of stopped watching it.

Westcoast

#7 Medora

Medora
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:42 AM

Im all into Inuyasha, without a doubt. That was the first anime that I liked and am just now starting to get into other ones. Witchhunter Robin, the new show on AS is pretty cool so far. I intend to broaden my anime knowledge soon, otherwords start watching others. Oh! I watch Yu Yu H...cant spell it, during the day sometimes. Thats not to bad.

Im learning how to draw manga/anime style as of lately. If I had a website and scanner...Id scan all my drawings and post them on a website. I draw mainly Inuyasha, but Ive dabbled a bit into dragonball characters also. Only one that has seen Every picture Ive drawn is Aidon.

Im also in the process of collecting all the Inuyasha mangas. I heard that they have more info in them than the show does, and it is where the show comes from. Im slowly becoming an anime addict. Even concidering designing a costume and going to conventions. Im like...a trekkie to Inuyasha. Wonder what youd call that.
I dont trust anyone, and I especially dont trust people's motives.

#8 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:56 AM

Yu Yu Hashuko.

It's called an otaku. Basically a big anime fan.

I hope that when you "broaden your horizons", you get into anime that hasn't been americanized yet. I'm telling you, it is so much better.

Always remember kids, Japanese dubs, English subs.

Westcoast

#9 Medora

Medora
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 04:03 AM

I watched the first 52 episodes of Inuyasha on a channel here in america of course. I then watched 53-141 japanese versions with subtitles, and the 3 movies with subtitles. Im patiently waiting for episode 142 to show up subtitled. 143 airs tomorrow in Japan, so it wont be to long til 142 is subbed surely lol. I personally prefer the japanese. The talk, the voices. Ive already learned the joy of watching the japenese with subtitles over american shown on television :)

Edit: And I thought yu yu hakishu was how it was pronounced :-/ Ill just look it up!
Edit Again: Its Yu Yu Hakusho

#10 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 04:06 AM

It's not just that...things are cut out, and dialogue is changed. It is edited for American audiences. You never see it how it was meant to be when it is aired most any place besides Japan.

Westcoast

#11 Medora

Medora
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 04:09 AM

I havent noticed any scenes at all being cut out for Inuyasha. Just alot of dialogue. My knowledge is limited at the time though, to only the one anime.

#12 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 04:10 AM

Let me know what that sailormoon musical is like, the real life one. It looks tacky as hell.

#13 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 04:13 AM

Hah, Deval, I don't know why, but have the official site bookmarked.

http://hicbc.com/tv/sailormoon/

Ok, that's not the musical, but whatever. It's the live action show in Japan.

Edited by newb, 23 February 2004 - 04:14 AM.

Westcoast

#14 Fyxie

Fyxie
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:27 AM

I'm starting to get into Inuyasha now because of my boyfriend, before I was really into Tenchi Muyo though.
Fyxie - Dissident Chairwoman

#15 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:30 AM

Wow, sailor moon has totally fat thighs for a super hero. I always thought jupiter was the hottest, but now I must reconsider, the one in orange is looking a bit tasty. :Struts:

#16 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:48 AM

On the characters page, they all look really bad in their sailor scout pictures. But their everday character pictures are really good. I thought it would be like...the other way around.

Westcoast

#17 Mastah_Fluff

Mastah_Fluff
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 07:36 AM

When I was younger I watched a lot of different on some random channel I can't remember and the only two names I remember are Fist Of The North Star and Vampire Hunter D both great shows...now I don't watch much if anything Inuyasha..it just gives me something to watch friday nights before I come back to my computer for teh night.
Love long lost, never to love again, forever to be alone.
Creator of All Things Fluffy
Evil Zoloft King of Un-Certain Insanity

#18 Medora

Medora
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 10:28 AM

I remember seeing a Vampire Hunter D movie thing when I was younger. I thought it was awesome. Was it a series as well as a movie?

#19 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 02:56 PM

My favorites are naruto, neon genisis, .hack, gundam: stardust memories and last blitz of zeon, gundam seed, ect....

Manga wise I like most tokyo pop... favorites are naruto, different gundams, shaman king, and .hacks..

omfg Samurai Pizza Cats! I haven't seen that since I was.... very young, that show pwnz!!12!

Edited by Penguin, 23 February 2004 - 02:57 PM.

#20 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:57 PM

Vampire Hunter D was made in the 80's or early 90's. It was pretty good.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust was made uh...2 years ago I think. It is awesome. Really awesome.

There is no Vampire Hunter D series, only movies.

Westcoast

#21 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 03:06 AM

I read Ragnarok. FAKE is good too. Been reading some other stuff...

Megatokyo. Though that started out as a webcomic.... other stuff... uh... *think*. Blah... I have Akira, and a bunch of other things. I'm half dead now. blah... x.x

What the what?

#22 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 03:13 AM

I never really could get into Akira...

#23 Proteus

Proteus
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 04:37 AM

Naruto, Elf Princess Rane, Fullmetal Alchemist, Peace Maker Kurogane, Kenshin, Chobits, El Hazard, Kite, Flame of Recca, Ranma ½, Variable Geo, Berserk, Slayers, Star Ocean, Ninja Cadets, Orange Road, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Golden Boy, Lain..

Damn I know im forgetting alot.. oh well.

#24 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 05:11 AM

Ranma 1/2 was kickazz indeed.

#25 Akira

Akira
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 10:40 AM

I never really could get into Akira...

That's because I'm a christian, I'm so tightly clenched... Oh wait, I see what you mean :)
You have to forget about what other people say, when you're supposed to die, or when you're supposed to be loving. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users