Listen To This!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 AnEskimo

AnEskimo
  • Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:55 AM

Just a demo, and drums haven't been recorded yet. Singing needs some touch ups, but the guitar and stuff is pretty good. Listen and give me your opinion!!

My Memories

btw I did both guitar parts, i'm not the singer.
GUѧ Ñ' ®Õ§€§ -- ÅÞÞËTÎTÈ FØ® DɧT®u©TÎøÑ
Metal/Tanis in game.

#2 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:46 PM

The singing needs touch ups? That's underestimating it. I wouldn't qualify that singing at all. It annoyed me.

Guitar parts are decently done tho.. far better than this singing you speak of.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#3 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:22 PM

That singer is seriously bad.
Si Senior!

#4 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:27 PM

lol and you said I am bad :(
Page/Memo Beatrix

#5 AnEskimo

AnEskimo
  • Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for the feedback, that's the same answer I got every esle o.o. I think it's time for me to talk this over with my friend lolz.
Metal/Tanis in game.

#6 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:12 PM

I was gonna be nice. But after hearing that song I can't get Beavis and Butthead out of my mind.

Good thing that singer isn't Indian. Surely with a voice like that his parents woulda named him "Two Dogs Fuking" Cause that is exactly what it sounded like. Next time he layes back for a blast of some force driven vocals just punch him straight in the throat. Silence him for life.

Now for the guitar. Before the first break all I could picture was someone looking down at the neck trying to make sure his fingers were moving to the right cord. It sounded choppy and labored. After the break you went into the whole Metallica Bass Solo kinda sound, but the guitar itself sounded way outta tune. I know you were working the effects and all, but still sounded way out. The flow was good tho. Less labored. The second break you lost me. You went into the whole horror picture theme music, then back to the Garage Days Revisited. The song was just way to many places in 4 minutes. Listening to it a second time I could actually hear the potential for 3 complete songs in there. Your tried to do to much with one song.

And speaking of potential. Your off to a real nice start with playing the guitar. Loosen up on the nexk and left your fingers glide. You can still get the chops in there that are typical of punk music, but relaxing will believe it or not make the transition from cord to cord sound sharper. If you learned to play playing punk I would suggest some old classic rock to soften your touch. And blindfold yourself. Don't let your eyes dictate where to go. let your fingers do the walken.

Edited by Momba, 11 February 2006 - 06:13 PM.

My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#7 kuniva

kuniva
  • Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:39 PM

well, have you ever watched american idol, where they show people who cant sing, and simon cowell makes them cry. Well i think if he went on that show, they'd destroy his self esteem. Sorry if hes a good buddy of yours, but you need a new singer. I thought someone was choking a cat at first. BUT i did like the lyrics. So thats a plus, if you knock out the singer, it would be pretty decent. so my advice, throw out your singer. Get a new one :( This isnt flaming you, more of a constructive critism kinda thing. Keep practing yer guitar! good work!

#8 xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:37 PM

Omg... bleeding from the ears... ahh... help help. Prz much practice...

#9 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:42 PM

well, have you ever watched american idol, where they show people who cant sing, and simon cowell makes them cry. Well i think if he went on that show, they'd destroy his self esteem. Sorry if hes a good buddy of yours, but you need a new singer. I thought someone was choking a cat at first. BUT i did like the lyrics. So thats a plus, if you knock out the singer, it would be pretty decent. so my advice, throw out your singer. Get a new one :( This isnt flaming you, more of a constructive critism kinda thing. Keep practing yer guitar! good work!

Simon Cowell = uber
Page/Memo Beatrix

#10 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:48 PM

lmao reminds of band night so much im just high as a kite so cant apreciate it lol
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#11 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:47 PM

none of it was good... your distortion was too high pitched and tinny the riffs were poo , the vocals were outta tune and out of synch.

I think even paula abdul would say no to this one ....

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#12 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:49 PM

none of it was good... your distortion was too high pitched and tinny the riffs were poo , the vocals were outta tune and out of synch.

I think even paula abdul would say no to this one ....

/csl
Page/Memo Beatrix

#13 draykill

draykill
  • Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:13 AM

I could not help but laugh when I heard that queer attempt to sing, wtf were u thinking when you let this kid join your band?
Retired

#14 xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:40 AM

He was thinking the rest of the band was so horrible they might as well get a singer who can fit in. :(

#15 AnEskimo

AnEskimo
  • Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:02 AM

I could not help but laugh when I heard that queer attempt to sing, wtf were u thinking when you let this kid join your band?

actually I kinda joined his o.o. Lol I joined like last year cause they didn't have guitarist and I was the only person in my town that could play. I didn't like the music, i just wanted to play in a band. I showed him all these post that people have been sayin and he got pissed off and I think we just kinda ended the band. He told me it's the guitar that screws up his vocals and I need to change the way I play. Idk i'll find another singer someday.
Metal/Tanis in game.

#16 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:40 PM

LMAO AWESOME
Disaster ingame.

#17 Kakarott

Kakarott
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:36 PM

LMAO SINGER SUCKS it soundslike a cat on a mic lol you need some drums... i hate the END!!!!!!!!!! 2 ppl talking at the end ...

Both Server's

Milenko

In-Game

#18 AnEskimo

AnEskimo
  • Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:08 PM

LMAO SINGER SUCKS it soundslike a cat on a mic lol you need some drums... i hate the END!!!!!!!!!! 2 ppl talking at the end ...

actually thats once person, just recorded several times.
Metal/Tanis in game.

#19 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:24 AM

maybe my singing isn't so bad afterall...
"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

#20 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 03:54 PM

i havnt taking the time to listen to this song yet but jen...just cause the vocals on here are bad doesnt mean your same ol singing voice isnt the same as its always been ;)

#21 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:32 PM

I'm in a band myself, where I play lead guitar.

Sorry but, the guitar is WAY out of tune on the song, decent enough intro I guess but out of tune (I take it it's in normal EBGDAE)?
The bass player is like half a beat out most of the way through the distortion verse.
The distortion on your guitar is terrible, either your amp or the way you recorded.
The singer is dreadful.
WTF happens at 3:10!?!?!
Don't attempt a solo unless you can play one decently.
That song is probably the worst attempt i've ever heard. You guys need serious practise.

That's my honest opinion, as i'm sure you don't want people sugar coating their opinions for you.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#22 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:36 PM

Sucks.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#23 AnEskimo

AnEskimo
  • Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:42 PM

I'm in a band myself, where I play lead guitar.

Sorry but, the guitar is WAY out of tune on the song, decent enough intro I guess but out of tune (I take it it's in normal EBGDAE)?
The bass player is like half a beat out most of the way through the distortion verse.
The distortion on your guitar is terrible, either your amp or the way you recorded.
The singer is dreadful.
WTF happens at 3:10!?!?!
Don't attempt a solo unless you can play one decently.
That song is probably the worst attempt i've ever heard. You guys need serious practise.

That's my honest opinion, as i'm sure you don't want people sugar coating their opinions for you.

my guitar is always tuned down to D
Metal/Tanis in game.

#24 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:39 PM

p333333333333333333333333333n

#25 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:55 PM

Sounds to me like your playing chord figures that are supposed to be played in normal tuning, either that or your guitar is out of tune, as its clear on the recording.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#26 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:50 PM

I tried playing electric guitar, but NM kept me from it and I sold mine for 25$

Man I'm cool ;)

Edited by Ryuku, 02 March 2006 - 09:50 PM.

#27 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:03 AM

WOW. I didn't listen to this at first, cuz I was like, yeah, whatever. Then I read the replies above, and I just HAD to hear it for myself, I figured everyone was being unduly harsh.

But, they're not. Kid just doesn't have a good voice, at all. Also has no sense of rhythm or timing or anything like that. So you're pretty screwed as a band on that front.

I advise you just sack the bass player lol.

So in fairness to you, the guitar was by far the best part of the song lol. Even though yeah, kinda out of tune, and mis-timed in places...

And what Jim said, once you actually get past those basic errors, the song itself is all over the place.

Edit: hey maybe try singing yourself, can't do much worse ;)

Edited by Raylen, 03 March 2006 - 10:04 AM.

+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#28 AnEskimo

AnEskimo
  • Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:37 PM

Well I've posted this song on several other forums as well, and I recently quit the band because I most definetly realize that there is absolutly no hope, and started playing with other people, that actually sound good.
Metal/Tanis in game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users