Mosh Arena Change

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:02 AM

Is there any way the mosh arena can be set so that players don't drop whats in their inventory?

It just seems foolish to me that people should win a mosh based on what other players drop, not what they bring in. You make a choice to bring in however many potions/mana crystals, it's not far that (for example), a cleric would go from being out of mana to full based on what other people dropped in the end of the mosh :(.

comment prz
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#2 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:06 AM

/ban moops
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#3 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:08 AM

Cliff it took about 22 adv. mana crystals and 10 advanced healing potions between a cleric and fighter to get moops down.

Moops' morph is now upgraded to a dynamic fox.

deimos the noob said no

#4 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:09 AM

not supported.

The moshes have been running this way for quite some time, and I like them just the way they are. It's completely fair. If you don't want to drop something, don't bring it in. It's the chances you take, and I mean, that is part of the game?

In a realism aspect of it, if you killed someone, you could take their stuff, right? :(

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#5 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:13 AM

If you don't want to drop something, don't bring it in. It's the chances you take, and I mean, that is part of the game?

...That's not the point he's trying to make. :(;

I would like to see something done but I don't think your way isn't the proper one.

Maybe something could work where the server gives you a certain type of inventory that is bound to your character for the duration of the mosh? *shrug*

Edit: Spelling mistake. Blech.

Edited by Squee, 17 January 2006 - 02:26 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:21 AM

It's not the point of you wanting to lose something... it's the point of person B losing a mosh because person A picked up a vampire blood potion or some extra potions lying around.

Person A hasn't earned them, and they haven't necessarily killed them either.

The only other good alternative I can see is instead of falling to the ground, the items go directly to the inventory of the person that kills you. If their inventory is full, then no items are lost.

deimos the noob said no

#7 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:38 AM

I kind of agree with this...
I mean, half the times I join moshes, I enter on either Prankster or Doublemint without anything in their inventory. Is it really fair that Prankster wins?
Well, didn't he earn the win by killing people and taking their potions?

On the other hand, when players simply pick up potions etc instead of hitting or doing the party good---I remove them from the party.
I find it very annoying when a party member is so self-centered that they think everyone should HAVE to give them potions etc or they choose to pick up potions instead of hit...and for that, they are killed.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#8 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:16 AM

This strikes me as a non-trivial addition to the code for item dropping. I'd rather see effort spent elsewhere.

It's a mosh... it's not fair.... nothing about it is fair. To really make moshes fair would be incredibly difficult and involve hiding the identities of all participants, disallowing all items in their inventories, and equalizing the connection speeds. The 1-alt PT is about as close to fair as we're likely to see in this version of NM.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#9 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:18 PM

Well, didn't he earn the win by killing people and taking their potions?

Read my suggested solution above, instead of potions going on the ground, they go into the killer's inventory (if there is space).

deimos the noob said no

#10 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:02 PM

Everyone i know makes a /get advanced macro or something of that nature in moshes. Its only natrual to drop your belongings when you die. I can see how it might be annoying for you to have an advantage over someone completley, but then lose it because they were faster than you at picking up pots etc. But I think it adds an intresting challenge and makes you pay attention to more than just holding down 1 attack macro etc.
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#11 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:41 PM

Everyone i know makes a /get advanced macro or something of that nature in moshes. Its only natrual to drop your belongings when you die. I can see how it might be annoying for you to have an advantage over someone completley, but then lose it because they were faster than you at picking up pots etc. But I think it adds an intresting challenge and makes you pay attention to more than just holding down 1 attack macro etc.

Nah i'm mad because I had enough skill to not use ANY pots or mana the hwole mosh, then at the end someone picks up 14 mana becase they had room and I didn't.

I just don't think you should win because of what someone else drops.

deimos the noob said no

#12 Issy

Issy
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:00 AM

I don't support it. If you lose, its tough you didn't get the potions first. You win by chance really. Its not skill at all, its all chance. But, i don't support it.
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users