The Big Issue: Theft

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 GnR

GnR
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:41 PM

I just want this cleared up, staff knows of people constantly getting stolen from. We all agree on that. Usually its from sharing with people, and I agree, they shouldn't be helped to get their stuff back. BUT why does staff not punish the thief? Whether or not they were sharing its still theft, so why not get punished. Just because the keys were left in the ignition doesn't mean it wasn't theft..

#2 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:49 PM

Just because the keys were left in the ignition doesn't mean it wasn't theft..

Good point, and I agree. However, it's just the simple fact that staff don't wish to put up with the whole situation. Deciding who's telling the truth and why should they take the time to check every line of the logs.
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#3 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:49 PM

Because they shouldn't have to deal with players giving away their accounts and whining about it.
Then what happens when people start making false claims or the sort? Have to deal with finding that out and punishing them.

The point of the matter- Staff does not encourage or help with sharing. That is because players can gain a large advantage by sharing, and it'd only cause admins and other staffers headaches and less time doing things for the whole game to be dealing with some git giving out his/her password to another jack.

Don't share. Don't give out your pass. Then not only will you not need to whine about having your account taken- You won't even have to worry about it, cause it can't happen.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#4 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:11 PM

i agree but what about the ppl who were perm banned for thieft having there ban's lifted what did they do they stole again so we might as well get used to ppl stealing cuz there scumbags and it gets there rocks off

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#5 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:55 PM

Don't give them the opportunity to steal? Keep your keys in your pockets and belt your pants on?

If your stuff matters enough to you, you'll be careful, you're warned often enough.

#6 GnR

GnR
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:27 PM

Yeah i wasn't whining about getting my stuff stolen, i was just asking why not punish the thief, but i got my question answered by PureMorning, gaddy your post was useless ;p

we might as well get used to ppl stealing cuz there scumbags and it gets there rocks off.....Good point man

#7 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:48 PM

People don't seem to get it ^_^
Stealing is not a crime on this game, it is not punished... so bottom line is don't share your account.
Also there isnt any staff monitoring the swearing and obscene things done either.
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#8 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:21 AM

Both should get perm banned, one for stealing, one for being stupid enough to get stolen from.

#9 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:37 AM

I will say this much- It's quite annoying to sit around hearing about people who've gained so much from theft.

There was a time when I saw Simon ban a player for having the tag "Nightmist's Notorious Thief" or something of the sort.
I think if a player brags about or flaunts the fact that he/she has taken from others in an unfair way, it should be silenced or banned...just out of decency.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#10 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:14 PM

i agree

#11 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:06 AM

I just want this cleared up, staff knows of people constantly getting stolen from. We all agree on that. Usually its from sharing with people, and I agree, they shouldn't be helped to get their stuff back. BUT why does staff not punish the thief? Whether or not they were sharing its still theft, so why not get punished. Just because the keys were left in the ignition doesn't mean it wasn't theft..

if you give someone keys to your car it's not exactly theft. it's a bad analogy, and not many insurers will compensate you for being the sole reason you lost something. bad analogy.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#12 Muse

Muse
  • Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:14 AM

I think if you share and then get stolen from delete the stolen crits and items
To Live Is To Die.

#13 GnR

GnR
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:48 AM

Yeah i didn't give someone the car keys in my analogy... but this topic needs closed now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users