Fixing The /toggle Who

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 BerserkedFrenzy

BerserkedFrenzy
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:03 PM

I have noticed lately, that Multi server has been abusing /toggle who.

By abusing /toggle who, I do not mean that people use it to get away with anything. By abusing it, you are invisible to everyone and do not show your presence at all, which is not appealing at all. I have inquired around and asked a lot of people for their opinion of the /toggle who feature. Most of them disagree with it but cope with it eventually. I do not ask that the feature be removed entirely, I ask that it be tweaked a bit.

One other argument is that the 1-a server doesn't use /toggle who. I like this, mainly because it only shows the main crit you are on.

My idea for improving the /toggle who feature, is that instead of having players abuse it, they should use it to clean up the /who list.

I have few ideas on how this should be changed,

A ) When you log on the first crit, that crit will appear on /who. Your alts won't appear unless you /main them so that the /main-ed crit will appear on /who rather than the first crit.

B ) The crit that you log on, that is the most actively used during that duration of play (not following the length of time the crit has been on, hence Total Game Time), will show visible until other crit exceeds that activity for some reason. Maybe the visible crit goes afk for 5 minutes of being inactive, and another crit that does not afk but is used for running to shop and selling items, appear visible instead.

C ) Ignore the idea completely. There isn't any way I can think of making the /toggle who more useful than abused.

-----

Basically what I am saying, is that when you decide to /toggle who, ALL of your alts are invisible except the main. If you disable your /toggle who, your alts appear.

Though I am not sure how this will be implemented. Any ideas and suggestion to further support this?

Let's brainstorm.
Våg®åñt §ºùl

#2 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:29 PM

I STILL think the /togglewho idea is retarded. It should have never been added. But what does our opinion matter?
Apocalypto

#3 BerserkedFrenzy

BerserkedFrenzy
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:02 PM

The thing is (and I told you this on 1a when you paged asking) that if you type /server you can still see the true number of people and alts on, also you can look on the web and clan lists so if you know people are hunting you you can check thier clan lists or do /who character name and they will show up as online. I don't think this is a problem at all as the command was made so that people could hide thier online status and get some peace and quiet.

I personally like it being as I am a person who doesn't pk on multi anymore I just get on alts sometimes to get away from the drama on 1a and without people being able to see you on the drama doesn't follow you over and there is less immature paging and dumb crap.

My vote would for "C" except I would like to add on that I dont feel that it is being abused..people just like to lay low and thats exactly what it was implemented for.

my vote:

D) I think staff have more productive things to do than work on something like this that is easily just bypassed by not being lazy. If you're that paranoid and just look at the /server and /web.

Good point, but then again, there are pacifists that are clanless. What do we do about that? And it's pretty simple if a player doesn't want to have any drama follow, DND or /ignore would help.
Våg®åñt §ºùl

#4 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:17 AM

/toggle who - Appearing on /who disabled.
/toggle who - Appearing on /who disabled
/toggle who - You are not able to able to "/toggle who" all characters online.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#5 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:45 AM

I use /toggle who to hide Europa if I just want some peace and quiet, and I use /toggle who on all of my crits so they're not paged by cold-calling salesmen (mainly because they're usually /scroll'd), but Crane is visible, but I've realised now that I can easily use page forwarding to remedy that. Personally though I don't like /toggle who because it gives the appearance of a desolate server and I sense a few people pushed for its introduction so they could hide and play without risk of being PKed or otherwise disturbed by a novice asking a question or someone wanting to sell something they might like.

Personally I would like to see it removed completely.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#6 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:26 AM

Agree'd
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#7 BerserkedFrenzy

BerserkedFrenzy
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:02 AM

I'm sorry, I'd also support having it removed altogether since PK-ing is indeed a part of the game... But I'm not looking to have it removed entirely.

I'm looking to tweak it somehow so that the server /who looks much better than having it seemingly empty and unwelcome for some reason.

Any further ideas? Anything, I don't care. Give me your best shot.

If there are none, I might as well lock this topic, or something.
Våg®åñt §ºùl

#8 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:03 AM

...and I sense a few people pushed for its introduction so they could hide and play without risk of being PKed...

You and I both agree, and can probably name 1 right away and have the same person in mind. I feel this is abuse of power and should have never been implimented.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#9 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:45 PM

I STILL think the /togglewho idea is retarded. It should have never been added. But what does our opinion matter?

Remove prz.
Apocalypto

#10 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:30 PM

You can see how many crits are on but not who is on, even if you do /web and search current players you cant see who it is.

imo it should just be completely removed
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#11 professional

professional
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

umm why hasnt this been followed up or done yet?

#12 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:41 PM

Dont play main or i would pregnant dog! :P
Apocalypto

#13 professional

professional
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:26 AM

hhellloooooo

#14 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:48 AM

Hoooooowdy hoooo
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#15 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:06 PM

It hasn't been done yet because the staff on main are the strongest supporters of this
Freek ingame.

#16 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

That must be it, I bet it's also staffs doing that the things I suggested and got approved aren't done yet...ho wait..that doesn't make sense
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#17 Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:20 PM

Ok Maarten...we all know you're the one that programs NM...you can stop this farce anytime and get to WORK!

<3 <3
1-alt: Inglastex Main: don't play

#18 Ember

Ember
  • Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:12 PM

Please fix this, it's really annoying, and makes the server look more dead then it already is. Even when there is alot of people online.
Eclipse on 1Alt.

#19 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

jordan must be right. or it wouldnt have been changed in the first place considering NOBODY supports it, and NO PLAYER ever suggested it....

/t walt If Gareth doesnt have the same name in mind, i do. /wink
Apocalypto

#20 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

lol I just realized what a joke that /toggle who was added.

Let's hide the fact that players actually still play on the multi server!!! YES!!!!

#21 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

o0o.. offline version please !!!
Apocalypto

#22 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:20 AM

o0o.. offline version please !!!

This.

Then we can upload the exp we made when we log in.

Edited by Freek, 31 March 2010 - 03:20 AM.

Freek ingame.

#23 tehbirr

tehbirr
  • Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

yes, i would like /toggle who removed also, yeh this post is very old from the looks of it, but its not an option on 1alt and theres really only acouple 10 or so of us on main now days, so why do we need to hide ourselfs, ignorepc is still there and i find theres no real reason to keep /toggle who an option ... lets bring it back to how to old days were....
teh primex... lullaby on main - devour on 1alt

#24 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

/toggle who is stupid. why was it put in again?
"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

#25 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

Because people used to log on 20 Clerics and go to SK then get pk'd so they needed to hide.

#26 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

ohh no..pk...

seriously, atleast make it so the first character you log on shows up..it is completely deceiving and it discourages new players from playing when they log on and there is only 3 players on.
"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users