Overland Route From Nightmist To Blackthorn

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Lowlife

Lowlife
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:17 PM

I don't know if an area is being currently developed or not, but it seems to me that there should be an overland route from Nightmist to Blackthorn, or at least from Blackthorn to Harabec, or something! It's a little unrealistic to think that the mayor of BT would want travelers to go through the sewer system to reach BT. Just a thought.

EDIT: I can come up with the route myself if this is supported, provide a map, enemy list, boss list, etc. if needed.

Edited by Lowlife, 08 May 2006 - 10:24 PM.

Things would be so much easier if people would only see them my way...

#2 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:48 PM

Hasnt this been brought up before.? Anyways i would like to see a route, but if it did get added I would like it to be a good couple of squares, not like Nightmist to Arilin

Just my Ideas.
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#3 Josh00089

Josh00089
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 12:16 AM

i like it lol sounds like a good idea haha

#4 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 12:30 AM

The amount of times this has been suggested is starting to bore me.

Edit: Didnt read entirly properly and repeated somthing he had said.

Edited by Dark, 09 May 2006 - 12:32 AM.

#5 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:10 AM

No.

What the what?

#6 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:46 PM

Staff contact me, I'm am very descriptive and I could make an area, just tell me difficulty you want and I'll have it done in a couple days.

That is, if it's a supported idea ;)

#7 Lowlife

Lowlife
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:02 PM

Perhaps it has been suggested so many times because the fanbase would like it to happen? Besides, like I said in my original post, where's the realism?

#8 Josh00089

Josh00089
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:11 PM

Perhaps it has been suggested so many times because the fanbase would like it to happen? Besides, like I said in my original post, where's the realism?

yah i have to agree
and let alex do it ;)

#9 Elrik

Elrik
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:36 PM

The Mayor of Blackthorn could be a corrupt politician who lives off death taxes, and due to the sewers, he very likely makes a nice living off it. I don't know why people still are complaining abot the sewers, as they take about 15 seconds to go through once you memorize the route, and its inhabitants barely even leave a scratch. Learn the route, and get a map if you want. Besides, if they make a land route, they'll probably whine about that too. It's really no different from going to Arillin or Sarka, except it's underground and theres multiple floors.

#10 Lowlife

Lowlife
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:17 AM

The Mayor of Blackthorn could be a corrupt politician who lives off death taxes, and due to the sewers, he very likely makes a nice living off it. I don't know why people still are complaining abot the sewers, as they take about 15 seconds to go through once you memorize the route, and its inhabitants barely even leave a scratch. Learn the route, and get a map if you want. Besides, if they make a land route, they'll probably whine about that too. It's really no different from going to Arillin or Sarka, except it's underground and theres multiple floors.

I know how to run through the sewers faster than the average person, I just think it's unrealistic, besides, if the 'corrupt politician' idea is correct, how come it's not in the game? I'm complaining about the sewers because it isn't realistic, with all the corrupt politicians in the world today, and even a millenium earlier, i doubt any city's only means of access was through a disgusting, vile, horrid sewer system... This is called the Nightmist Development section, it's where you are supposed to suggest things to the staff, perhaps you should quiet down a little when someone comes up with a good suggestion for a new area, not only is it logical, but it would add a new area to the game, get it, new.

#11 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:55 AM

;)
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#12 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 12:24 PM

This is called the Nightmist Development section, it's where you are supposed to suggest things to the staff, perhaps you should quiet down a little when someone comes up with a good suggestion for a new area, not only is it logical, but it would add a new area to the game, get it, new.

An area shouldn't be added just for the sake of adding it.
Theres obviously a reason that theres no overland route to BT, though, to be honest... I have no idea what it is.

Also... can't the same thing be said for Resthaven? The only real (effective) way to access it is through the sewers, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about that (or maybe I've just already forgotten?).

What the what?

#13 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:42 AM

I believe if there was an intention, it is because there really isn't anything to travel over, obviously. Like something where it would be absolutely pointless and you would get lost. There may be walls around the cities not allowing access out that way, and the forests blocking a pathway. Anyway, I believe it shouldn't be added, because then, where would you come into BT or RH? Perhaps there isn't another entrance you could access. And going from Forest of Souls to the Mountains wouldn't be very realistic either. Fighting Skeletons to Griffins, if you ask me. As far as BT, going from Snakes/Skeletons to Trolls/Ogres?

That's just my 2 cents,
Tyler

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#14 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:14 AM

I believe if there was an intention, it is because there really isn't anything to travel over, obviously. Like something where it would be absolutely pointless and you would get lost. There may be walls around the cities not allowing access out that way, and the forests blocking a pathway. Anyway, I believe it shouldn't be added, because then, where would you come into BT or RH? Perhaps there isn't another entrance you could access. And going from Forest of Souls to the Mountains wouldn't be very realistic either. Fighting Skeletons to Griffins, if you ask me. As far as BT, going from Snakes/Skeletons to Trolls/Ogres?

That's just my 2 cents,
Tyler

;)

What the what?

#15 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:37 AM

This ins't necesary buy yeah you make a good point on that however if you overland route to RH itd be weird cause consider the directions to RH from the sewer entrance d s e e s s e e s e e e e e u now try this from the sewer entrance making necessary adjustments youll end up in the middle of the dark ally lol one to BT might work though so for that i would say have at it unless theres a real reason to why there isnt one to begin with ;)

Edited by Simon, 11 May 2006 - 04:38 AM.

#16 Elrik

Elrik
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:20 PM

I have a great idea! Lets add a new area... to the sewers! Make them longer... heh heh...

#17 plugwash

plugwash
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:01 PM

This ins't necesary buy yeah you make a good point on that however if you overland route to RH itd be weird cause consider the directions to RH from the sewer entrance d s e e s s e e s e e e e e u now try this from the sewer entrance making necessary adjustments youll end up in the middle of the dark ally lol one to BT might work though so for that i would say have at it unless theres a real reason to why there isnt one to begin with ;)

I belive there have been a number of adjustments to nightmist recently to remove that kind of inconsistancy.

#18 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:47 PM

*cough*.
The comment about an overland route to RH was sarcastic.

Edited by Wolfgang, 16 May 2006 - 11:48 PM.

What the what?

#19 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:08 PM

As stated elsewhere in amore roundabout fashion, I think there should be multiple ways of getting just about anywhere. Like, there is no reason why your average adventurer can't find an overland route to Resthaven, Sarka, Dendeya, Silversail...etc...
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#20 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:01 AM

Oh come on, Simon has already gotten lost in the sewers and died from the poison. When the staffers cant navigate the sewers, there's something wrong.

#21 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 06:50 PM

its ez juss local in bt and die and ull have ur overland route
Primex ingame

#22 xvision

xvision
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:27 PM

its ez juss local in bt and die and ull have ur overland route

got that Simon? ;)

#23 archmaster

archmaster
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:59 PM

yes, i was gunna suggest this, i hate going thru the sewers
You and me, We'll all go down in history, With a sad statue of liberty, and a generation that didn't agree

#24 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:33 PM

I think we should be able to take out machete's into the jungle and find our way to BT by chopping away at the place ;)

#25 Elrik

Elrik
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:55 PM

Off-road Nightmisting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users