Audience For The Proficiency Tournament

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Goldfish

Goldfish
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 11:46 PM

there should be a way that you can be an audience for the proficiency tournament without being able to interfere. like in a room next to it with everything that happens shown. or in the same room but with you picture and skills disabled
Goldfish ingame

#2 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 11:57 PM

People have suggested this before for the Triplex Event but how exactly do you suggest we can actually do it?

#3 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 12:11 AM

Well, a clumsy slow annoying way of doing it, is actually having all the crits on the same square, audience and contestants alike, whereupon the audience players are all muted, frozen (command would have to be put in by JLH) dissalowing actiosn and have a staff option cast on them called conceal which is essentially invisibility that doesn't wearoff without a command that is implemented by JLH.

Lotsa work eh?

Meanwhile, if the server can advertise the killing hits in moshes, wouldn't it entail that the advertising of combat in an event could be easily coded?

Note: I'm not behaving as if I have any understanding of coding, I was just suggesting it would appear that way in my mind.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#4 Goldfish

Goldfish
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 01:20 AM

i was thinking like everyone is in a different square then the one with the duel. the hits, spells, drinks, deaths etc... would be shown on that square. so itd be kinda like watching tv. no clue how this could be done tho...it sounds hard
Goldfish ingame

#5 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 04:06 AM

Your basically talking about a lil TV that comes up and shows all the text from say..the staffers POV or something(which would be awsome). I remember when this was suggested awhile back, i think it would be pretty entertaining instead of just sitting there waiting to find out whats going on and who won/lost. I'm sure its a lil tricky for Jonathan probly(maybe not..) but its a good idea.

#6 Guest_Angelus_*

Guest_Angelus_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2004 - 11:03 AM

He can put an invis dummy char on the square, and just link all what he sees to another square where the audience is sitting.

#7 Despair

Despair
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 12:43 PM

http://www.nightmist...34659;start=9#9

I hope it gets added
If I were the rain... that binds together the Earth and the Sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle... would I be able to bind two hearts together?

#8 Goldfish

Goldfish
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:20 PM

*nods*

/t jimmy, great minds think alike :)
Goldfish ingame

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users