• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 01:19 AM

[Clan] Warp: im gonna go commit suicide
[Clan] Warp: You bought the book of Suicide for 2000 gold pieces.
[Clan] Warp: ./cast Suicide/warp
[Clan] Warp: You need a gun to use this ability.
[Clan] Warp: You bought a .45.
[Clan] Warp: ./cast Suicide/Warp
[Clan] Warp: You need bullets.
[Clan] Warp: You bought a case of bullets.
[Clan] Warp: ./cast Suicide/Warp
[Clan] Warp: There is a gunshot and Warp falls on the floor, dead.
[Clan] Warp: You were resurrected here after being killed by your own stupidity.

Suicide! The would be the best ability in the game, and if they can come up with stupid commands like /toggletranslate they better put this in!

~

:P
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#2 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 01:53 AM

I dont think this one is gonna be implemented.

#3 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 02:16 AM

i suggested the ability to attack yourself ages ago. as i remember, barely anyone got the idea even when i gave lots of examples. then there was the idea that people spam kill themselves. i'm still for being able to attack yourself, but i think i'm in the minority that also sees the fun in russian roulette.
wouldn't it be funny if rich had registered this name first, and you were bickering with him?

#4 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 02:52 AM

i remember when you could use /attack to hit yourself
The Smily Pill

#5 Aidon

Aidon
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:36 AM

Suicide is easy, just go beat on a paci.

#6 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:51 AM

pacifist are stupid, they should be deleted x2

#7 Someone

Someone
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 04:30 AM

I think it makes sense you should be able to attack yourself but *shrugs* What's wrong with Pacis? They don't hurt you...Less you hit before you look.
Öö`°´Ångél`°´öÖ

#8 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:10 AM

If you attacked yourself, you'd probally get "You are on your clan nopk list."

#9 two

two
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:49 AM

pacifist are stupid, they should be deleted x2

aidon is smart, he should post x2

#10 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 07:19 AM

If you attacked yourself, you'd probally get "You are on your clan nopk list."

Turn clan nopk off?

#11 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:10 PM

We don't encourage suicide.
Why on Earth would you want to be able to attack yourself?
If you're like clicking someone and you kill them or they move, you could kill yourself without meaning to. Don't you think it's just dumb...?

Dognapot said:
i suggested the ability to attack yourself ages ago. as i remember, barely anyone got the idea even when i gave lots of examples.

What good example is there for allowing this?

#12 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:27 PM

Being lost.
Si Senior!

#13 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:33 PM

Erm then there are always monsters that can do it for you.

Allow it and everyone will kill themselves before someone else gets the chance, before getting pked or losing in duels. Not to mention it is impossible to kill yourself with for example using your own halberd. How can you hold it in one hand and swing at your own head with it?
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#14 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:38 PM

makes sense, just like it's really not possible to use a pole-arm and a shield at the same time. oh wait, we do that. i guess realism isn't a factor after all... chalk another one up for attacking yourself.
wouldn't it be funny if rich had registered this name first, and you were bickering with him?

#15 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:42 PM

makes sense, just like it's really not possible to use a pole-arm and a shield at the same time. oh wait, we do that. i guess realism isn't a factor after all... chalk another one up for attacking yourself.

Funny how you ignore my primary reason for it just to find an argument against my second.

Almsot as funny as that time JLH said

no

Well would ya look at that, that means stuff that chalk up yer ass and stfu cuz it aint gonna happen.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#16 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:44 PM

wth??

edit: no

Edited by Cule, 16 August 2004 - 03:45 PM.

#17 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:44 PM

I've not seen a good reason for it yet other than maybe if you're lost but like angelus said, it's not hard to let yourself die...

I'm against it especially after Angelus' very good point of escaping being pked.

#18 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:52 PM

We don't encourage suicide.
Why on Earth would you want to be able to attack yourself?
If you're like clicking someone and you kill them or they move, you could kill yourself without meaning to. Don't you think it's just dumb...?

Dognapot said:
i suggested the ability to attack yourself ages ago. as i remember, barely anyone got the idea even when i gave lots of examples.

What good example is there for allowing this?

from the why would you want to attack yourself? thread...

instead of questioning my judgement could the game just let me hurt myself? maybe i want to drink a potion? or prove some stupid point. sometimes i wonder if i can round myself.

it's a point of freedom to hurt yourself. the ability to do so is not an encouraging factor to do it, and you would still be losing experience when you die. if those determents are not enough in the face of suicide then i can't fathom how they are effective against dying in battle repeatedly.

jebus man, it's not a particularly depthy subject. it's being able to hit yourself; it's no different than being able to hit other players. you don't need cyanide pills, spontaneous combustion commands, or suicide spells all that this thread was supposed to be about was being able to hit yourself when it is appropriate. to be completely honest here's what i was planning on doing with this idea...

You don't have enough space for a 'rose' in your inventory.
Dognapot: nuts to that!
Dognapot attacks Dognapot with her 'dagger of spirits' for 39 points of damage.
You drink an Advanced Healing Potion.
You picked up a 'rose'.

and for you russian roulette or 'deer hunter' fans...

Dognapot: Diddy mao! Diddy mao!
Luna: ok ok
Luna attempted to assassinate herself but failed.
Luna: your turn!
Dognapot attempted to assassinate herself but failed.
Dognapot: ha.ha.ha. now diddy mao!

something this simple really shouldn't warrant that much explaining.

can i please just hurt myself? all i want to do is clear the potions out of my inventory and play russian roulette in a smokey backroom of the clan house.

that's the extent of the arguement for hitting yourself. it's not an abusable command, and beating yourself to death has all the consequences of being beaten to death in addition to the embarrassment of killing yourself. it's just a matter of freedom for your character to be stupid, or to play russian roulette. i really just want to play russian roulette in nightmist.

#19 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:58 PM

Funny how you ignore my primary reason for it just to find an argument against my second.

Almsot as funny as that time JLH said

no

Well would ya look at that, that means stuff that chalk up yer ass and stfu cuz it aint gonna happen.

your first arguement? sorry, if you were to kill youself to get out of losing a duel, you're still more honorable than logging off. by your reasoning, logging off wouldn't be worth adding in respect for fair dueling (is that an oxymoron?).

that's right, if your arguement consists of realism (scratched that reversed it), and leaving duels (reversed it again), you've strengthened my original premise.

Edited by dognapot, 16 August 2004 - 04:01 PM.

#20 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:58 PM

good point, that would be rather fun.

edit: but i still dont like it.

Edited by Cule, 16 August 2004 - 07:15 PM.

#21 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 05:43 PM

no, jus no

this is a sexi idea

like it, love it, live it.

~
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#22 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:57 PM

I see what you are saying but it wouldn't be something I'd want. I'd hate accidentally killing myself lol. See what others think.

#23 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 01:14 AM

well if your in a clan and have /clan nopk you're good. if your in a party and you have /party nopk, you're good. if you actually don't play nightmist with a party of alts, you can always /nopk <your name> and i think it would work.

#24 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 02:28 AM

I like the idea except if you want to kill/hurt yourself, you would be on nopk and could only clear it in taverns.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#25 Metatron

Metatron
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 08:56 AM

I like it alot!
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other sins are invented nonsense.

~Agmar~

#26 archmaster

archmaster
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 01:31 PM

this is offensive and stupid
so shutup!
You and me, We'll all go down in history, With a sad statue of liberty, and a generation that didn't agree

#27 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 02:49 PM

I see no problem with it at all. There have been worse ideas added to the game. This hurts no one bar the person doing it.

But quite obviously, we're going on Dognapot's idea, not the one shown top of thread - That is just stupid.

Edited by alone, 17 August 2004 - 02:50 PM.

"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#28 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:48 AM

rofl cmon this is best idea ever just add it
Page/Memo Beatrix

#29 Vër§íðñ 1.0

Vër§íðñ 1.0
  • Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 02:44 AM

not liked
I only log on to check memos, and rare chat. See you all on the other side.

#30 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:43 AM

Maybe there could be a thing in the spell collumn, like assassinate, but suicide. You click yourself, and it's done. I don't see the problem with that, and if you don't like it don't use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users