Photo

Fav FPS

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: What is you favorite FPS game/franchise? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

What is you favorite FPS game/franchise?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Zophar

Zophar
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:41 PM

When voting for a franchise, please state which games in it you like the best.

My choice is Perfect Dark, its customization level and AI intel are the best.

P.S. Feel free to voice your vote for any other FPS not listed.

#2 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:44 PM

I wanted to vote Wolfenstein 3D, the original one released in 1992 by ID Software, but because that isn't on the list, I voted for (the original) Quake, since ID managed to create a very spooky and surreal atmosphere about the areas you trek through.

Edited by Crane, 27 October 2004 - 04:45 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#3 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:56 PM

In order of prefrence:
Cs
Quake
Unreal
Doom
Half Life

Haven't played any of the others, but I can safely say that Halo is right at the bottom. Nothing can be that boring.

Edit: because cs wasn't on there I voted for quake.

Edited by Malavon, 27 October 2004 - 04:58 PM.

#4 Iron_Maiden

Iron_Maiden
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:47 PM

Halo
Sorry, no images in profiles - Crane

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#5 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:55 PM

-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#6 Nocturnal

Nocturnal
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:04 PM

All time has to be Goldeneye.

But recently it's a dead heat between Timesplitters 2 (Love the Mapmaker) and Team Fort Classic
Daffy

#7 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:04 PM

pfft cs not on there n00b
Even in death my hate will go on

#8 Kreaper

Kreaper
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:54 PM

GRAND THEFT AUTO SAN ANDREAS
pwns all games
no better times then shooting out a car's tires so they skid to a halt shot their head off with a rifle (from the outside into the windshield) watch their bordy spew blood then steal the car go run ppl over and blow it up in front of the cops :P
Toki ingame!!!

#9 Angelic

Angelic
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:59 PM

The old-school 007 games were the best, imo. Goldeneye/The World is not enough for n64 were awesome. :P (I couldn't vote because I accidentally hit "view results (null vote)" ^_^ )
Ç®åz¥ Åñgë£ äká º»½ GøôÐ G ½ ßåÐ G«º

Crith/Angelic in-game.

#10 Bun

Bun
  • Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:03 PM

In order of prefrence:
Cs
Quake
Unreal
Doom
Half Life

Haven't played any of the others, but I can safely say that Halo is right at the bottom. Nothing can be that boring.

Edit: because cs wasn't on there I voted for quake.

are me and you playing the same game??
Santa

I never went to asia this year i fly by and gave them a big wave.

#11 Zophar

Zophar
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:19 PM

Oi.

I just took it for granted people would see Half Life and know that it included CS and TFC the same way 007 would mean Goldeneye, Nightfire, The World is not Enough, etc...

/t Nocturnal Yeah, the mapmaker for TS2 is pretty good, although you can't make relly big maps. I've made a few "sniper" maps with just Sniper and Vintage Rifle set. I'm trying to get triggers so that if you walk through the middle your score is reset (I don't think it'll work for just normal mp though).

#12 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:37 PM

I just took it for granted people would see Half Life and know that it included CS and TFC the same way 007 would mean Goldeneye, Nightfire, The World is not Enough, etc...

Half life is a nuts game, CS isn't. I didn't want to mislead people by voting for half life when it isn't my fav FPS.

are me and you playing the same game??

If your playing the halo that had boring weapons, nuts ai, repetitive level design, mediocre multiplayer, lame vehicles and a boring story then yes.. we are.

Most over rated games ever:
Half Life
Sims
Halo

#13 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 11:46 PM

fps = first person shooter....you are in first person on gta games..lol
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#14 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 02:23 AM

is it just me, or is the plot these days on FPS games just crap compared to when the originals came out in the mid 90's? (doom1, doom2, quake1, duke nukem 3d, blood) sure, the gfx were not exactly what you'd call mind blowing, since the games would run on a 486 pc running at 100mhz, however the playability was amazing.
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#15 two

two
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:55 AM

used to be goldeneye, then halo came out.

halo. nothing like playing 4 vs 4 and all the nuts talking after.

#16 fester919

fester919
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 08:31 AM

goldeneye rules and followed closely by perfect dark then by halo
Crits Helius
I am the old felicity, if i were on your friend add helius plz.

#17 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 08:39 AM

Halo is terrible. FPS games should never ever be put into consoles, it is tedious. Goldeneye multiplayer (I never played single player but I bet it was just as bad) was shockingly bad.
It's so difficult to control, the graphics are appaling on consoles because of the terrible low-res of TVs. Split screen means you end up barely being able to see anything, seriously, split screen went out of fashion years ago on non-consoles for a reason...
If you build it, they will come.

#18 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:42 AM

omg someone with a brain

*bows to Pan*

#19 Thrice

Thrice
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 01:31 PM

Resident Evil Games on consoles were classic games; but back to FPS

CS :P!!!!!!

#20 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:36 PM

It's so difficult to control, the graphics are appaling on consoles because of the terrible low-res of TVs. Split screen means you end up barely being able to see anything, seriously, split screen went out of fashion years ago on non-consoles for a reason...

So is an airplane if you don't know how...

UT, Quake...as far as i play "versus" FPS'ers, they're easily manouverable on the ps2. Being able to jump, aim, strafe and shoot at the same time.

The split screen sucks, but having multiple tv's and friends with same games and consoles makes it more fun then some silly lan party. Plus no lag, no disconnections and your friends are close by in case they are snipering and you have to take out some anger irl...
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#21 two

two
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:50 PM

omg someone with some sense.

*bows to angelus*

#22 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 09:14 PM

is it just me, or is the plot these days on FPS games just crap compared to when the originals came out in the mid 90's?

I still think Halo has a good storyline to it. Doom 3's storyline is fairly bland... but the graphics help make it come to life. The Bond industry has been pumping out fairly similar stories recently but they're entertaining for someone that has never played a Bond game before (I suppose).

Other than that, I'd agree with you.
Posted Image

#23 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 09:58 PM

Half-Life had a very good story behind it, and it was good that the player (Gordon Freeman) is immersed in it from the very start. I've heard that newer games have copied the storyline though - hmmm...

The only split-screen multiplayer game I enjoyed was Sonic The Hedgehog 2 for the 16-bit Sega Mega Drive! But the processor got overloaded and the game lagged if one player lost their rings!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#24 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:28 PM

So is an airplane if you don't know how...

lol, you shouldn't be forced to spend hours upon hours having to learn the controls just to play the damn game.

UT, Quake...as far as i play "versus" FPS'ers, they're easily manouverable on the ps2. Being able to jump, aim, strafe and shoot at the same time.

Please tell me your joking. It's so hard to control they have to put in an auto aim featue! just so you console freaks think you're good at a FPS when in fact your not. You can't even look up and down on the quake 3 game. You can definately not jump, aim, strafe and shoot - even with the lame auto aim feature it would be too hard. There is no way you can get accurate headshots on a FPS with a console - it just aint possible.

If we could play each other, PC version of quake 3 to the ps2 version of quake 3, I gurantee to you that I would totally slaughter you. You would't get a single kill. Same with CS and the Xbox version. Not because I'm better at the game than you (although that is true), it would be because it's so much easier to control on the PC.

The split screen sucks, but having multiple tv's and friends with same games and consoles makes it more fun then some silly lan party.

Uhh... you do realize that that is basically a lan party don't you? connecting your ps2s and tv's together and all playing in the same room... that's pretty much the lan definition. and if your talking about online play (which it doesn't look like you are) then you do get disconnected, have lag and your friends aren't close by... so either way your wrong.

Plus no lag, no disconnections and your friends are close by in case they are snipering and you have to take out some anger irl...

Yeah, it's like that on the PC. If you ever play a lan game then there isn't any lag.. you don't get disconnected and your friends ARE close by.

Learn what your talking about first please.

Edited by Malavon, 28 October 2004 - 10:29 PM.

#25 sonic87

sonic87
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 12:41 AM

007 also
a wandering shadow that dwells in the moonlight
-Flame_Vortex

#26 Tiomat

Tiomat
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 08:55 PM

The Quake series by far, revolutionary graphics engine (both the Quake II and Quake III ones are still being used today :unsure:), good storylines, devastating multiplaying and the supershotgun B)
I might've gone for Doom if Doom III was more like 1 and 2, rather than trying to be too scary they should've added more random bloodthirsty carnage.

Can't wait for Quake IV ...

Edited by Tiomat, 08 January 2005 - 08:55 PM.

#27 stalker

stalker
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:36 PM

ok i went for halo cos of the online multiplayer of halo 2, and the sitting in a flat with 4 xbox's and 4 ppl on each was absolutly awesome, altho there wasnt enuf beer to go around.

but i think there is nothing like playing doom 3 on a huge TV with full surround sound in a dark room.........not scary but just a very jumpy game
A wise man once told me that if you dont hurt people they wont hurt you........................he lied so i killed him

#28 Notak

Notak
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:40 PM

ffs do you ppl have a clue?! you cant make a poll like that coz you have no variables, if you had a other section then your IQ would prolly increase my 200%...

Edited by Notak, 16 October 2005 - 08:41 PM.

#29 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:44 PM

ok i went for halo cos of the online multiplayer of halo 2, and the sitting in a flat with 4 xbox's and 4 ppl on each was absolutly awesome, altho there wasnt enuf beer to go around.

but i think there is nothing like playing doom 3 on a huge TV with full surround sound in a dark room.........not scary but just a very jumpy game

your bad at halo
Page/Memo Beatrix

#30 Dc

Dc
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:15 AM

halflife owns, but wheres the duke nukem option?
I believe in the Triune God;God the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.I believe that while I was helpless and sinful, Christ died for me. Therefore, I now have the righteousness of God, old things have passed away and I am a child of God. I cannot be separated from the love of God, Christ lives in my heart by faith and therefore, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have been chosen by God and appointed to bear fruit for God. I resist the devil and he flees from me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users