• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:20 AM

I don't know if these are any good.
I thought i'd just throw these out and see if they could be any use to anyone haha. I don't even know if they are possible ;)
These ideas can work for multi or 1a, but if it is for one server i'll say so.
Yes, I have suggested one of these ideas before I think.

1) LOG TO LOCAL [multi]

Make everywhere but towns log to local. This defeats the object of checkers, and people who have parties that can log at bosses - making it so people will leave town a lot more, have to check bosses with a party rather than a level 10 druid..

2) MONSTERS ON SQUARES [multi]

At the moment, only three monsters can spawn on one square, and only five can be dragged onto a square. Maybe it will make the multi-side of things a bit more challenging if maybe eight monsters can be dragged onto a square and five can spawn? This will make it more challenging, espiecially bringing higher levels into the game - means higher hp.

3) DROW ASSASSINATES [both]

Increase it. That area used to be really hard, because if you got hit on any character other than a berserker you'd die. Now, with the increase of hp even paladins can survive the assassinates, defeating the object of that type of monster really. Increase it to something like 430-450, so the area is a challenge once again. For 1a, people may not have seen much of drow assassins yet, but the levelling past 30 has increased hp there too.

4) EVENTS [1a]

I'm not sure if i'm right here, as i've only been actively playing 1a for a week or so. But when Tecton was first appointed, moshes were plenty, as were other events - these seem to have died down a bit. In my opinion we should bring back an event calender for 1a, not for multi as not enough people are online at one time (most of which are too lazy to enter events anyway). Evening time, there are tonnes of people online on 1a. Sixteen alone in one clan is pretty crazy, and very good numbers to have a few events - it just shows how many people are active.

That paragraph was in no way a hit at Tecton, he has done / is doing an awesome job with guilds. That may be why not so many events are ran, but I think bringing back an events calender with events like the champions belt mosh, and the triplex would be epic. Maybe even change some of the items so they are suitable for 1a, or just leave them how they are and change the stat mods / ac count - just for pure classic-ness, and education for newer players :ph34r:

But yeah. Theres my two cents really, been on my mind for a while I thought i'd share with you guys. COMMENTZ!?
Disaster ingame.

#2 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:41 PM

i like the second one the best out of the group, the desert has become extremely easy now with the extra levels. i remember back when i'd be scared of it because it seemed so hard but now i can go on one crit and a healer and have no problems. even with five monsters on a square it's easy. i'd love to just drag vipers all around until there's 5-6 of them and then kill them

Edited by shomer, 01 August 2008 - 04:41 PM.

Page me on Heritage

#3 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:21 PM

Can I bump this second idea please? Is it possible? Might be fun with the pk being brought back in.
Disaster ingame.

#4 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:16 AM

I actually support all of the ideas.

Checkers are lame and yes everyone uses them. Log on to the xx amount of checkers you have see nothing is in and log off..

Dragging and spawning more, maybe in certain areas but keep the noob areas kinda noob friendly but in the 'high end' areas it would make things way better.

Drow assassinates when I explored it I could remeber when one of the clerics got clicked and then it was all down hill from there. Now no worries I agree to add there dmg.

Events, I'd wait to see what the pk does to the playerbase, also events are fun but lets get more important things dealt with at first.
Logos.

#5 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:51 AM

I really like these ideas. I always hated how people had checkers, I never got the bossing action.

Not real sure I really experienced Drows, really.

Yes, I'd love to see an event calendar and with the playerbase currently, we'd have enough for about any even almost, if not all of them. I'd like to see Champions Belt and Triplex Amulet in new hands though! /grin

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#6 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

just thought, the first idea wouldnt count now because pk is being turned back on haha. definately not.
Disaster ingame.

#7 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

I support #1 and #4. I always found it real stupid that people could log big parties at every boss ingame or have a checker for every boss they normally killed. It made things way to easy, and way to hard on those that didn't do it. Idea #4 basically explains itself.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#8 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:53 AM

I don't agree on making all places log-to-local due to frequent connection instabilities, but I do agree with places like Castle Darksparrow being made log-to-local to prevent checkers and crits being used to bypass certain puzzles on subsequent trips. Preventing checkers can be done by other means. For example, I've wanted to prevent Pacifists from entering the Drow city, the Drow Bazaar, Kiaransalee's Challenge and the mountain up to the Giant Hawk and Dwarven Pickaxe, but staff do not seem keen on this idea, even if the role-play follows similar reasons to preventing them from entering the Dvergar Stronghold and the Bone Garden. Maybe I should suggest this one again in the near future.

More monsters on squares... I can't say that I'm for or against that one. For things like Magimoxes, it means it is a lot easier to get Crystal Fragments without Bunnies filling the squares up (although it can still happen), but for places like the training arenas and the Forest of Souls, it will get intolerable for low-level crits.

Drow Rogue assassinates... YES YES YES! Definitely up their damage, maybe as high as 500. The Drow Rogues are designed to round crits if you get careless, and to just leave them because 'Tirantek is hard enough as it is' is actually pretty selfish, because Drow Rogues were always meant to be a unique challenge... it was just that their damage was carefully balanced to round a level 30 crit and nothing higher.

I can't talk about events on 1-alt unfortunately because I'm not active on there.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#9 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

True, espiecially with running smaller levels through large forest/sewers, or areas similar to that, good point. I still like the idea though, but it wouldn't make it fair on new players to the game.

The reason why I thought the first idea wouldn't be very good with the multi server now pk was because of the hit and run technique that would be used, if people could log anywhere back to their local it would make it too easy for people to both get a round off on a party before logging back to safety, and it'd make certain areas too easy to leave!

Aye, drow assassinates used to round all characters but berserkers really. Increasing it to something like 450-500 would still mean that they would survive, but would still kill most characters - keeping the area a challenge.
Disaster ingame.

#10 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:34 AM

An alternative to making every square log to local would be just make the over used check spots log to local, Such as all of the area beside Hawk/Dpa, Anywhere on from the Triken forest - Banshee, Farvar's camps, All of chronos and such. It still wouldn't be hard to run a paci/mage to some of the spots to check but it would cut down the log, move a couple squares, /spy, move a couple squares log tactic.

For the monsters stacking, I'd say just add it to the areas made for levels 25+, leave the noob areas noob friendly.

Drow Rouges.. Duh lol.
Logos.

#11 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:23 AM

The problem with setting the overused areas of Tirantek to log-to-local is that it removes the risk and inconvenience of Tirantek being remote. Logging back to Harabec is designed to me near-impossible over there; the only places that are log-to-local are those that cannot be accessed frequently, usually near to the bosses.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#12 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:28 PM

I think that if just the area around hawk and dpa were made log to local wouldn't be so bad. Of course it would still be easy to run a paci over there then recall back to Tirantek. I didn't think about the easiness of getting back to Harabec of course the caravan already did that.
Logos.

#13 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

I'd just like to say that idea number 2 would make some monsters insane because of there spawning lol

The problem with setting the overused areas of Tirantek to log-to-local is that it removes the risk and inconvenience of Tirantek being remote. Logging back to Harabec is designed to me near-impossible over there; the only places that are log-to-local are those that cannot be accessed frequently, usually near to the bosses.

Dno Jag is pretty easy way to get back

Though having said that if it was made so it wasn't log to local literally no one would kill it

Edited by Prophet, 03 March 2009 - 04:38 PM.

Si Senior!

#14 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

haha yeah ryan that was the idea :ph34r:

maybe an area with more spawns, not the entire game ;)
Disaster ingame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users