• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Monolith

Monolith
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:19 PM

I had an idea for the /party command.

We all know when you hit /party or ' it brings up all the party information. I was thinking to implement the amount of XP % you have into the information. Of course it can be toggled on and off. This will bring a bit of convienance to those who are constantly asking about their party members XP % to find out when they level up.

Example:
Transition (Leader) (221/221) (4/4) (50% XP)

Just an idea. Please comment away.

#2 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:55 PM

In no way could this idea hurt and you're right, the event of questioning how close friends are to leveling does seem to occur frequently. Good idea!

The only minor problem that may hold this back is that it would require a slight tweaq to the coding.

I wish it was like the old days when JLH would say, "noted".

:ph34r:
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#3 Monolith

Monolith
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:11 PM

You never know, he still may. :ph34r:

#4 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

In terms of realism, I think most people won't be able to see their comrades' slow and gradual improvement. It may also be something people want to keep hidden, especially if it's negative so as to avoid embarrassment.

In a slightly cruel scenario, a party member could be a double agent, relaying the experience of the crits to an enemy party so they know which ones would be most annoyed at being PKed (those with negative XP and those close to levelling).

Not supported personally.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#5 Monolith

Monolith
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

That is another thing, you can toggle it in a Party you feel comfortable with. At the same time, when your in a clan and you # your not gonna be able to see their progressive damage, yet your still able to view their hp. On a side note, even if a "Double Agent" knew your progressive XP, I dont think it would hinder your gameplay aside from the fact that they may send a PK after you, in which you simply find somewhere else, or dont train for awhile. Same things go even without this extra feature.

#6 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:11 PM

Been a half year since there has been an ingame update, and even that was only to adjust things already present. You're quite the positive-minded person :ph34r:
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#7 Monolith

Monolith
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:15 PM

In all fairness I am tweaking something already present. ;)

Even if it doesn't get put on, atleast I'm making an effort to help improve the game, which is the whole point of the section in the forum. :ph34r:

#8 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:41 PM

If updates are made anytime soon, there are...many many updates that are needed quite a bit more than this...
It would hardly even be a benefit to have, and we aren't really in need of half a dozen odds and ends like this, with toggles or without.

I understand the idea, I just do not see it being needed in any way.
Characters at low level will be red for leveling quite a bit, but later on, it doesn't even apply for the most part, on either server...
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#9 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:13 AM

Supported. Would be nice when I am clericing for ppl in swamps so I can see how much more I have to put up with.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#10 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:37 AM

In terms of realism, I think most people won't be able to see their comrades' slow and gradual improvement. It may also be something people want to keep hidden, especially if it's negative so as to avoid embarrassment.

In a slightly cruel scenario, a party member could be a double agent, relaying the experience of the crits to an enemy party so they know which ones would be most annoyed at being PKed (those with negative XP and those close to levelling).

Not supported personally.

People don't need to be in a party with this suggestion toggled on to relay other players' current exp. People keep track of other's exp all the time via web stats and already go as far as hunting those down clsoe to leveling. It's just strategy.
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#11 Monolith

Monolith
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:43 AM

I see this yielding no negative effects on the Nightmist community, and whereas it not being to beneficial, I have to disagree. I rather like the idea of seeing that my little thief friend is at 73% rather than asking "Hey, %?"

And as Raylen said, we like to know how much more we have to put up with. :ph34r:

As for Gaddy's response, yes, I agree there are other things that could use an update before this is implemented, but a slight tweak in the coding to add this shouldn't be to complicating later on once some of your larger tasks are completed. It's not real beneficial, just conveniant. Which is what I'm shooting for.

#12 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:49 AM

And as Raylen said, we like to know how much more we have to put up with. :ph34r:

As for Gaddy's response, yes, I agree there are other things that could use an update before this is implemented, but a slight tweak in the coding to add this shouldn't be to complicating later on once some of your larger tasks are completed. It's not real beneficial, just conveniant. Which is what I'm shooting for.

And as Pure said, people already do this by using the NM site.

You have to be real tho. By the time larger tasks are completed, there will be new, even larger, tasks. Which is exactly why John doesn't have time for this anymore, there is simply no ending.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#13 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:55 PM

relaying the experience of the crits to an enemy party so they know which ones would be most annoyed at being PKed (those with negative XP and those close to levelling).

People don't need to be in a party with this suggestion toggled on to relay other players' current exp. People keep track of other's exp all the time via web stats and already go as far as hunting those down clsoe to leveling. It's just strategy.

I concur with Rob vehemently.

I like this idea, as noted by several people, it would be alot easier for people who swamp cleric alot. Instead of asking "how close", a simple ' would be needed.

Edited by Walt, 25 May 2008 - 09:56 PM.

I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#14 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:41 PM

Why not just wait til people say "red! :-D"?

Or is it cause the swamp cleric is really eager to log and train a hitter?
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#15 Monolith

Monolith
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:02 PM

Some people tend to get a little eager, and you know, sometimes its just easier to tap that ' button.

I'd like to see it get approved for later updates but with current situations being as they are, Im not seeing it happen anytime soon. Although, Im in no hurry. :ph34r:

#16 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:39 PM

I don't support it. Would make clericing for real bosses just messy. I understand it's toggleable, but that means every time I'd have to toggle it. Not a fan.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users