Photo

Any Race

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: All races should be able to be any class

Should all races be able to be any class?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:56 AM

I was thinking about it and why not give the option for any race to be any class? I think it would make for some interesting combinations.
Peacemaker both servers.

#2 Hawk_Trinsic

Hawk_Trinsic
  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:06 AM

...Lol. No, definately not.
That's just silly, and wouldnt make any sense. plus, a lot of the combinations would go un-used unless someone decided to play an, oh i don't know.. Gnome Berserker (which makes no sense, even if it may sound kind of cool) out of sheer boredom.
Not supported.

Edited by Hawk_Trinsic, 24 August 2007 - 08:09 AM.

IGN:Determination

#3 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:43 AM

i voted no but having a ling zerk would be awesome b/c of the dex :)
Neo Ingame

#4 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:27 AM

Who says they will go unused im sure everyone would try the different variations just to see how they would go. Even if some races dont make the best for some classes why should they be limited? You know there has always been in the world people who are really skilled at some things and not so skilled at others. Does that mean you limit them to what they can do? No you allow them to try every aspect and see which is most fitting. I support this change.
Peacemaker both servers.

#5 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:43 AM

This is got to be one of the stupidest polls i've seen...

Just think about it...

Halfling Berserkers?

Dwarf Druids?

No thank you...
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#6 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:10 PM

dwarf ranger plz

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#7 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:38 PM

Some races are not born to follow the path of certain classes... for example, most Half-Orcs are not smart enough to be utilising magic, and I don't think the clergy would ever let them become Clerics, let alone Paladins.

Elves rarely become Paladins because of their general unwillingness to totally let go of their ancestral roots, and the same goes for most other races.

Not supported.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#8 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:58 PM

This should not happen for several reasons.

1. The game has been set on allowing certain races to be certain classes; they don't often change things of that sort due to balancing, etc.
IE- Halfling Berserker would be unbalanced with expected zerk dex. (19 max, not 21)

2. The race to class combos usually work well for the class needs. This helps new players with creating able characters.
IE- Preventing Half-Orc mages, which new players might not know would be near useless, especially for training.

3. There is not much logic in making all races able to be all classes; many races do not fit the mold or need of the classes they cannot use at all.
IE- See above. There is no reason to make that a possible combination.

4. For the players who do RP or relate Nightmist to other fantasy realms, this would destroy most of the racial sterotypes and norms for imaginary races.
I don't care much about this, but it would matter a lot to some players.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#9 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:06 PM

personaly just for a good laugh i would love to see a h-orc cleric i would so train it as for anything else naw that would be silly :-)

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#10 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:54 PM

Honestly i just think it would be cool so see some new things and i believe alot of people would try out different stuff just for the fun of it. It may not make sense for new players but the players that have been around for a while i bet some of them would be willing to give it a shot just to see the variations of what comes out. I know a half orc mage would be stupid, but what about a half orc druid? Yeah it would hit for less on stormwrath and be prone to more resists but when morphed i believe with the stat modifiers in the game it would make for a very powerfull druid strength wise, but like i said this was just a suggestion as to add something new and creative in the game i appreciate being told its stupid and all that stuff so being at that you wont get any more suggestions out of me k thnx
Peacemaker both servers.

#11 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:15 PM

Elven paladins would be unbalanced not coz of the RP issues, but because the paladin HP/MP formulas are totally screwed up in nightmist. An elven paladin would get the same hp as an elf cleric, and higher/equal mp to an elf cleric (same level/stats). Paladins should have been made to obtain a lot higher hp than clerics/rangers ect, approaching but not equal to fighter HP. MP on the other hand paladins have far too much, the mere notion that any paladin has as much magical power as a cleric of equal standing is just nonsence.

As for other classes, ling zerks/'warf druids/gnome zerks woudnt work coz of the increaced dex, but as mentioned in another post i support adding at least 1 of the magic using classes to HO's, any race which is the hybrid of 2 huge magic-using races should have some spellcasters amongst its ranks... Also Gnomish druids i suggested 4-5 years ago, i dont see a problem with them unless someone suggest a RP issue...

#12 Raikou

Raikou
  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:40 AM

Restrict the unbalanced race + class combo's.
Allow Half orcs to be whatever they want, cus they will suck. I want a half orc mage, sheesh.

Gnome Berserkers FTW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users