Spectre Bow

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Tadpole

Tadpole
  • Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:01 AM

Wasn't sure where to post this so i picked here lol.
I bought spectre bow to see how the poison is, and i can only poison when u do regular attack with it. (also a bug i guess it doesnt say when it poisons, it just shows a blank line) Anyways my main point is that it should be able to Poison with rapid fire....I mean nobody attacks with a bow lol.
Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.

KuMiko in game.

#2 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:20 AM

I agree.

#3 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 05:25 AM

i got a question..is spectre bow a new weapon?..if so when was it added? lol..i know its there cause i believe yall about it but uhh can you post its discription from library?..i cannot get on nightmist..live in america and for some reason it wont allow allmost anyone in america to get into nightmist...*cry*

#4 Tadpole

Tadpole
  • Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 05:46 AM

Just came out today with other new bows and items in a town called Kantele created by stotic.
Base damage: 15, Can be used by: rangers, Description: The Spectre Bow is a simple constructed weapon that appears to only be an sub par weapon. The head of the arrow is coated with a powerful poison collected from the swamps near the meadow. The poison provides a potential lethal sedative which harms its victim. Engraved on the side of the bow is the message, "Sleep Well My Love.", Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0.25, Poison/30s damage: 30, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

That's the bow im talking about

KuMiko in game.

#5 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 07:24 AM

also a bug i guess it doesnt say when it poisons, it just shows a blank line

I'll fix that tommorow. :)
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#6 Tadpole

Tadpole
  • Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:59 AM

lol ok so what about being able to poison with rapid fire?

KuMiko in game.

#7 Bun

Bun
  • Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:17 AM

that bow is actully really evil if u hit 4/5 on rapid that means one of them has to poison im geussing?
Santa

I never went to asia this year i fly by and gave them a big wave.

#8 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:44 AM

Yes, in theory it should poison once every four hits.

Now all we need is a /switch command and everything will fall into my original plan -winks-
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#9 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:22 PM

Stotic, did you create a bunch of NPCs to expand on the meaning of "Sleep well, my love"? Or do I just have to guess what happened? :)
Posted Image

#10 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:01 PM

one question..how long does the poison last and what is its damage?...trying to understand how the poison table and all works :)

#11 Kreaper

Kreaper
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:32 PM

what other new weapons are there?
Toki ingame!!!

#12 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:18 PM

I assume that you still fire the same poisoned arrows with Rapid Fire as you do with regular fire. What about Dual Shot and Flaming Arrow (a flaming, poisoned arrow?!)
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#13 Tadpole

Tadpole
  • Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:47 PM

/t Trigger it does 30 damage...i think how long it lasts varies

/t Crane Well i did rapid fire like 200 times and it didnt poison once
Did Flaming arrow...it did poison...but only did the basic 1 damage from Flaming Arrow itself...Dual shot also didnt work....Only regular attack seemed to do it.

KuMiko in game.

#14 archmaster

archmaster
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:53 PM

how much does it cost? or should u use elven long bow or enchanted bow instead?
You and me, We'll all go down in history, With a sad statue of liberty, and a generation that didn't agree

#15 archmaster

archmaster
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:54 PM

what other new weapons are there?

thers the elven long bow, dont no wen it was added though...
You and me, We'll all go down in history, With a sad statue of liberty, and a generation that didn't agree

#16 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:01 AM

I recently took a look at all the new bows (and armours). Thank you so much <insert responsible staff name here>!

I'm sure this'll add some spice to Nightmist and eliminate a lot of clone fighters, paladins, thieves and rangers. ^^
(Pssst, we need new mage robes)
Posted Image

#17 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:03 AM

By making the bow add poison effect during rapid fire it would completely elminate the need for the Flaming Arrow skill. I think it's fine that it doesn't poison with rapid fire. What's more important IMO is that the poison damage from Flaming Arrow be adjusted.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#18 Tadpole

Tadpole
  • Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:44 AM

eh i guess lol

KuMiko in game.

#19 THC

THC
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:31 AM

Yah mabey that too... But it should definetly poison with rapid fire! (using Spectre Bow of course) I, like Tadpole tried it out and thought it would poison with rapid fire... Makes no sence to me to only use that weapons ability using a normal attack. Enchanted bows ability works with rapid fire..

Edited by THC, 22 June 2004 - 05:32 AM.

Such a fool to think that i could wake you from your slumber,
that i could actually heal you,
Sleeping Beauty

#20 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:28 AM

I am strongly against the bow poisoning when used with rapid fire while flaming arrow is still in existence.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#21 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 11:11 AM

You have a point, to be honest, Deval. Maybe with rapid firing the poison doesn't coat the arrows because of the speed at which they are fired. Flaming arrow will probably destroy the poison... since it is a sub par weapon, Rangers would most likely be using the Elven Long Bow or one of the magical bows.

Personally, I would only use the Spectre Bow while my stamina is half-charged (3/5), and fire a regular arrow then with the slim chance of the enemy getting poisoned. Then I will switch back to one of the more powerful bows and rapid fire.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#22 archmaster

archmaster
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:02 PM

Yah mabey that too... But it should definetly poison with rapid fire! (using Spectre Bow of course) I, like Tadpole tried it out and thought it would poison with rapid fire... Makes no sence to me to only use that weapons ability using a normal attack. Enchanted bows ability works with rapid fire..

and what abilities does Enchanted Bow have? lol, its normal to my ranger...no special abilities, except its magic.

and btw, does it poison every time u hit with normal attack? cuz then it'd be better than using rapid fire, u would do like 30 and poison for 30 and miss less

Edited by archmaster, 22 June 2004 - 02:05 PM.

#23 Shane

Shane
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:09 PM

How about this, when you have the Spectre Bow equipted Flaming Arrow skill is not useable. So you wouldnt be able to select Flaming Arrow while using the Spectre Bow. If you changed up bows then then Flaming Arrow would be selectable again.

Its sorta like my idea with the Mana and HP regen rings. If you wear 1 of either you gain the mod, but if you wear more than just that 1 all their effects are canceled out and you get no mod at all.

"Before my time is done I will look down upon your corpse and smile!"

#24 Tadpole

Tadpole
  • Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:09 PM

and what abilities does Enchanted Bow have? lol, its normal to my ranger...no special abilities, except its magic.

lol you just said it...its magical

KuMiko in game.

#25 Tadpole

Tadpole
  • Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:03 AM

woot it got changed, thanks mike and jlh

KuMiko in game.

#26 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 03:13 AM

:)
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#27 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 05:21 PM

I think when firing rapidly, one wouldn't be able to poison an arrow... maybe not though.

edit: Ermm, scratch that. I didn't read the description.

Edited by Mec, 25 June 2004 - 05:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users