Photo

A New Item...cosmetic Only

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Berserkers be allowed Clothing?

Should Berserkers be allowed Clothing?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 VampireDeviantReturns

VampireDeviantReturns
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:18 PM

I have aqquired a few berserkers now and while I like the crit as a Fighting Force and such but I am an Rper at heart, and My main character happens to be a berserker. And as such I cant really imagine him running around naked. I would ask staff that Zerkers be allowed to wear cosmetic items only, they are allowed simple rings and amulets but still running around in the nude. I have a few ideas for the clothing.

For the Zerkers that are truly barbaric, one such item would cover simply only that which shouldnt be seen.

Item Name: Loin Cloth
Description: the Loin Cloth consists of 2 square pieces of leather tied to around the hips of the wearer with leather bindings. Covered in the dried blood of many foes as well as finger smudges from the myriad of wiped hands upon the leather.

I have other ideas as well but due to the chaotic schedule of staff I will wait to post the other ideas untill I see if this can be done. Thank you , and of course opinions are welcome.

#2 Regan

Regan
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:30 PM

That idea owns. I so support this cause i mostly run with zerks...cause they own...nehow yeah support'd :(
Painless Ingame

#3 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:40 PM

sure why not... cant see what harm it can do...
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#4 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:53 PM

sure why not.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#5 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:58 PM

So these zerkers are gonna run to the jungle and find a man they call tarzan who acts like an ape... just to buy some loin cloths. It's a good idea. But not a loin cloth... Sounds abit stupid... and abit TOO basic... Within the game alot of things are quite technical and if zerkers can hold cobalts it's abit stupid that they wear loin cloths... give them some ripped tee shirts and trousers (pants) or something...
Tread lightly, as you tread on my dreams...

Hansol ingame

#6 VampireDeviantReturns

VampireDeviantReturns
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:00 AM

As I said before that I had many ideas for clothing the Loin Cloth was basic and as berserkers are pretty much barbarians a loin cloth is quite normal for them to wear but thanks for your opinion =)

#7 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:02 AM

if they are barbarians why are they not social outcasts from towns... I'm sure the towns people would not tolerate people walking around in loin cloths in a civilized society.

Abit more elaboration please :(

Hansol ingame

#8 VampireDeviantReturns

VampireDeviantReturns
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:10 AM

I could go into a detailed eloboration as I have thought this through , first off a great excuse would be that most townspeople wouldnt want to mess with a naked guy running around with a weapon ..... if you wish to comment about what you think would help me in my endeavor to have this idea established in the game I am all ears. And of course all items that would be created would be cosmetic only. and as such it would be up to the player as what his/her berserker would wear. As to me most of my zerkers except for two would wear simple clothing, Vampire Deviant and perhaps Corvinus would wear much more elaborate and civil clothing...... Armani perhaps? LOL But you know who I am perhaps we could work together if you wished to add more detail and such to this.

#9 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:10 AM

I've heard that there has always been a debate over the meaning of Berserkers, whether it means "bare skin" or "bear skin"... I know that Pandilex and a former player had quite a blast arguing over it! Personally I think they would wear something, to protect themselves from the cold or to at least to look remotely decent. When fighting, they need as little clothing as possible, so as to not restrict their combat movements.

I see no harm in making some 0-armour items for item.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#10 VampireDeviantReturns

VampireDeviantReturns
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:15 AM

I've heard that there has always been a debate over the meaning of Berserkers, whether it means "bare skin" or "bear skin"... I know that Pandilex and a former player had quite a blast arguing over it!

Ahh I will have to look into the meaning of berserker, for I always thought it came from the actual frenzy that a barbarian enters when raged, a berserk would be an all out assault as the ability allows them to do.... And since the barbarian is allowed to do that abitilty and berserks upon his foes he took upon that name. Thanks Crane for your imput now I have to go figure this conundrum out for myself.

#11 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:21 AM

my zerkers wear ring of windia and marcus ring .. does that counts as clothing lol

but yeah it's a good idea and what hastle could come from a bunch of 0 stat/mod items anyways .. would be good to have more varity for zerkers seeing everything else is getting new or renamed items/equiptment
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#12 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:21 AM

Time to think of some stuff then...

Hmmmm...

dum dum dum...

Thinking back to the film 28 days later. once people had been taken over by the infection (rage so to call it, as used on the monkeys at the beginning of the film) by the end of this process it was just blood stained "what ever they were wearing"

So maybe you could have like... a blood stained vest for the body and say ripped/shredded trousers/overalls... or what ever.. I dno.. maybe you could pick where your zerker came from and have a manditory uniform he/she is wearing at the time?

Like, say you get to pick the description of what the zerker is wearing? (up to a certain length though... other wise people would write a bloody essay! haha..) but yeh... I think you get my drift

Oho! Ideas just popping in my head. The staff could come up with a few little descriptions you could chose from. Voted for obviously.. But yeh..

Sorry for going on and on

Hansol ingame

#13 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:30 AM

nice idea, i like it
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#14 VampireDeviantReturns

VampireDeviantReturns
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:31 AM

Good Movie, but not really what I picture as in rage and such, that was a virus this rage is a choice and a ability that one has to train and master to be able to do , so perhaps for the initiates and lower levels a more barbaric nature in clothing but as they level and gain mastery over their ability they are able to avoid the blood splatter and not rip their own clothes as they pummel their enemies.....with experience comes knowledge besides Take it from Bruce Banner(Incredible Hulk) Buying new clothes after one fight would get expensive!!

#15 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:32 AM

Library info for Mask of the Beast:
Armor base: 0, Can be worn by: berserkers, Description: The mask of the beast is a grousome sight made from the skin of a snake it's covered with blood stains, torn and ripped from noumerous battle, it is in such a state of disrepair it offers absolutly no protection to the wearer but is a testiment to there might and victorous battles none the less., Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

rough example of what needs to be done if you'll want something to happen :(

#16 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:34 AM

lol, sorry.. I never meant to steal the idea from the film.. I was just using it as an example of what goes on...

Hansol ingame

#17 Regan

Regan
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:40 AM

I just want some form of cover...lol its ok to parade around ur CH's naked but id like to have something for public...for both male and female zerks...so like if its a male zerk he cant wear what would cover the breasts of the female zerk... AND WHO SAID NO! lol this is kool...

Edited by Regan, 26 October 2005 - 12:42 AM.

Painless Ingame

#18 Kenzaburokamos

Kenzaburokamos
  • Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:50 AM

You looked yourself over.
Trance_Steel is a Male Human Archmaster Berserker. He looks strong, wise, fast, and cute. In one hand he holds a Blade of Time. Around his neck sits a Lover's Locket. He has a Friendship Bracelet and a Friendship Bracelet around his wrists. He is wearing a Ring of Grace, a Ring of Venture, a Ring of Harabec, a Wedding Ring on his hand.

Yeah...the jewelry only thing makes him look quite fruitacious...lol

So some pants or something would be appreciated...i already tried the bikini but unfortunately it did not fit :(

Edited by Kenzaburokamos, 26 October 2005 - 12:21 PM.

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within...
Trance_Steel ingame

#19 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:27 AM

give them some ripped tee shirts and trousers (pants) or something...

Did that make anyone else chuckle? For God-sakes, they're Barbarians, not slobs :(

I think we need to remember that Berserkers (whom I have always seen as Barbarians) are not civilized. They are illiterate (though not always stupid), savage (by civil standards) and come from tribes and clans rather than cities.

As such, their clothing would no doubt be simple. Nothing linen and nothing steel (or wood) - tanned leather, furs, and paint (perhaps tattoos).

(By the way, tattoos were already suggested and they're on the "back burner.")

I would see Barbarians wearing very little "ornate" jewellery. Stylized bones, teeth, and claws would suffice to show rank within a tribe.

Doing a quick google image search on Berserker (or Barbarian) pretty much outlines what the majority of them look like.

Lastly, if I were a Berserker, I'd be damn proud to be going around naked. How else could I show my "superiority." It takes a gutsy man to go around naked - it takes a gustier man to do it with his head held high. (Or her, for the ladies. :ph34r:)
Posted Image

#20 Degenerated

Degenerated
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 02:22 AM

I don't see anything wrong with running around naked, in fact, I encourage it!

#21 Muse

Muse
  • Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:53 AM

Voting no because Beserkers didnt wear clothing when they went in to battle.
To Live Is To Die.

#22 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:43 AM

I don't see anything wrong with running around naked, in fact, I encourage it!

You would :(

I don't really see a problem, but as you mentioned a Rp'ing view David's right, berserkers did run into battle with wearing nothing but underwear and holding a weapon.. They supposedly had so much stamina and thick skin that they didn't need armor or clothing.

I voted yes though, as it is something that other people would like too do and if you want too carry on with the roleplaying version of berserkers with their underwear and big pecks, don't wear it. :ph34r:
Disaster ingame.

#23 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:48 PM

I voted yes though, as it is something that other people would like too do and if you want too carry on with the roleplaying version of berserkers with their underwear and big pecks, don't wear it. :(

to right

#24 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:18 PM

Loin Cloths.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#25 Gunshow

Gunshow
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:29 PM

And Bowties!

#26 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:38 PM

Yeah i just like being able to look over arch zerk and not get spammed by equip. So basically i don't care, lol :(
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#27 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:20 AM

Armor base: 0, Can be worn by: berserkers, Description: The mask of the beast is a grousome sight made from the skin of a snake it's covered with blood stains, torn and ripped from noumerous battle, it is in such a state of disrepair it offers absolutly no protection to the wearer but is a testiment to there might and victorous battles none the less., Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Really like the name of that item... and supported maybe I ll do a few up latter or something.

Edited by fallen, 27 October 2005 - 01:20 AM.

we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#28 Gunshow

Gunshow
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:20 AM

Really like the name of that item... and supported maybe I ll do a few up latter or something.

Yeah, forget the bowties, I want one of those snake masks. :(

#29 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:12 AM

Library info for: Boots of The Minotaur:
Armor base: 0, Can be worn by: berserkers, Description: The Boots of The Minotaur are very light constructed from very fine leather and made for combat. The Boots have been crafted over centeries and origanate from the mountians of senant were the minotaur once thrived. Although offering little to no protection for those who wear them, merely wearing these boots can be enough to warn off a foe or enemy. Level needed to equip it: 20, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for: Amulet of Rage:
Armor base: 0, Can be worn by: berserkers, Description: This Amulet is very unique in appearance, hung upon a heavy linked chain it is a eerie dark green in colour, but glows a dark fiery red when in combat. It is believed this pulls the true rage from within its holder and enables him to muster great strength when threatened or in battle. Level needed to equip it: 10, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Might add some more when I get bored. :(

Edited by fallen, 27 October 2005 - 02:16 AM.

we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#30 Gunshow

Gunshow
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:16 AM

I like those 2 ideas as well. I also like how you made a "level needed to equip" on them. Be cool to get a new article at certain levels instead of just getting it all before level 10 or whatever.

Edited by Gunshow, 27 October 2005 - 02:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users