Photo

Serious Question.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: If you have seriously quit the game, what should a person do? (75 member(s) have cast votes)

If you have seriously quit the game, what should a person do?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:10 AM

I've noticed this with myself as well as many others. We get bored of the game and decide that enough is enough and eventually just stop playing.

I personally have no ambition to do ANYTHING in this game but at the same time I feel selfish and don't want to give up my crap. lol

Am I the only one who feels this way?

I'm probably not going to do whatever the results of this poll end up being. I'm just curious to know what people think.
"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

#2 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:14 AM

no way id split up everything i worked hard with friends
Astinus on 1alt Only

#3 Despair

Despair
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:16 AM

leave it as long as I can be bothered keeping it active.
If I were the rain... that binds together the Earth and the Sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle... would I be able to bind two hearts together?

#4 newb2

newb2
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:28 AM

"explode it" would have been an awesome choice, but it's not there, so I chose rot.

That's what I did.

heh

#5 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:00 AM

I'd split it up between friends but keep my main.

Or i'd sell all of them and donate the money too the current clan I was in - but in your case you have all the money you need anyway :(

~Kez
Disaster ingame.

#6 Nocturnal

Nocturnal
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:00 AM

I say let it rot.
Daffy

#7 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:49 PM

imma be with rob on this one I would split it up between some of the friends I trained with alot or was close to and keep 2-3 crits and a main maybe
Page/Memo Beatrix

#8 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:52 PM

let it rot
Even in death my hate will go on

#9 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 02:41 PM

Let most of it rot and give some small stuff that i know friends want or need

#10 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 03:49 PM

Let most of it rot and give some small stuff that i know friends want or need

id go with that
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#11 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:57 PM

see but 'giving' it to friends, is kinda difficult.

because a lot of nightmist "friends" just befriend you because of what you've got in hopes that one day you'll be gone and they will profit.

nightmist is a perfect example of social exchange, most people go into "friendships" to see what they can gain.

how do you determine who your "real friends" are? and what happens if the "friends" you consider "friends" are pretty much in the same situation as yourself?
"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

#12 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 05:02 PM

i dno thats kinda a hard question for me to answer, my couple crits that i have, have alot of sentimental value to me, but in the end, id prolly give my rangers up to rob/rappy..others to noobies, and my cleric dno :(
Primex ingame

#13 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 05:07 PM

on second thought, id prolly be selfish and juss let em rot cuz i wouldnt want ppl sellin my crits but yeh
Primex ingame

#14 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 05:12 PM

I'm with Jimmy. Keep them alive for as long as you can be bothered. Then let them be deleted when you know no one will use your name for naughty things.

As for the whole friend dilemma. There's surely a few people you know aren't here just for personal gain.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#15 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 05:47 PM

because a lot of nightmist "friends" just befriend you because of what you've got in hopes that one day you'll be gone and they will profit.

nightmist is a perfect example of social exchange, most people go into "friendships" to see what they can gain.

how do you determine who your "real friends" are? and what happens if the "friends" you consider "friends" are pretty much in the same situation as yourself?

personally I only talk to you because of your boobs
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#16 Dr. Sunglasses

Dr. Sunglasses
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:11 PM

I would/did give them to someone.

#17 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:20 PM

personally I only talk to you because of your boobs

lmao :(

#18 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:49 PM

Keep them or delete them, just don't give them away in large batches. One of the major unbalancing aspects of the Nightmist economy at this point is inheritance. When a player can gain months or years worth of characters/gold/items by sitting and chatting up friends, this has the same impact on the economy as the theft of an entire account. Let people earn their accounts through training.

Friendship should be its own reward. Any of your friends who can't understand that are just in there hoping for a handout.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#19 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:08 PM

on second thought, id prolly be selfish and juss let em rot cuz i wouldnt want ppl sellin my crits but yeh

who the fk in their right mind would sell venom or tragedy... :(

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 09 October 2005 - 09:08 PM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#20 Echo

Echo
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:42 PM

When I left the game recently (Not out of choice) I left my crits to friends to keep active and to play as much as they wanted one of my friends even trained my crits a bit so that when I come back I will have them I also gave crits to those I knew where Noobs so that perhaps they would get a slight jumpstart on the game that is what I would do if I was in your place leave the crits to people who would otherwise not have crits that good and never will if all the pking keeps up.
In heaven, all that is not music is silence.

And I am not Echo in game just in case anyone is wondering.

#21 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:28 PM

Leave it rot, that's what I plan on doing. Got too many people I'd want to give things to but don't have enough to go around.
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#22 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:03 PM

Well, once upon a time i did quit (got made to come back >.>) - gave stuff to people according to what they needed or what i knew they would like, bought presents for people with gold i made from selling the rest of my crits...bought someone a cobalt :( bought myself one cos i had a zerk left and cg was in one day...person gave me pw rest is history :ph34r:

Incidentally, as for the "friendship is its own reward" theory - yes and no. Part of me is glad when someone quits because i know the game is addictive. Part of me is kinda annoyed because it feels like they are saying "I don't want to know you any more" - so to compensate i feel they should give me 6 stats. Did i ever mention that i love Jason btw :ph34r:

Edit: wouldn't want to see all my nice crits rot, would give them to someone who i know will give em a good home.

Edited by Raylen, 10 October 2005 - 10:04 PM.

+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#23 Muse

Muse
  • Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:40 PM

Voted delete everything.
To Live Is To Die.

#24 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:09 AM

Jen, you should do what is right for you, not for anyone else. One thing that I didn't see up there in the choices for voting were to entrust it to someone that would just keep it until/if you decide to return to the game. I totally understand that you do not want to just give them away to others that seem to be your friends only for what you can give them... that is not a friend.

I know that I would have a hard time deleting all my crits, giving them all away, or just letting them "expire" to return perhaps to visit and see someone else playing amy. (sure you feel the same with kaylpso).

Just my two cents. Regardless, I hope that you are enjoying life and your time away from Nightmist. Best of luck to you always. Come on and say hello sometime though :(

Hugs,
Shella (the person behind Amy)
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#25 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:47 AM

-wants the delete post command-

I, personally, would simply allow my account to go inactive.
No one has earned my account except me; so, no one will own it except me.

Edited by Gaddy, 11 October 2005 - 04:53 AM.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#26 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:50 AM

who the fk in their right mind would sell venom or tragedy... :(

Me. :-)

(Before any stupid response, yes- I did sell Venom, so there.)

Secondary (and better) response to the main post-
Anyway, just do what you want to do. In the end, it doesn't matter.
Nightmist is a game, no matter how many friends you've got, how much time you've spent on it, or how valued or useful your account is.

Edited by Gaddy, 11 October 2005 - 04:51 AM.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#27 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:53 AM

tough question.. i'd probably give some stuff away rare items and so on, 6 stats or w/e but the rest of it i would just leave it as it is
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#28 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:01 AM

Honest response to this-

There is no one around anymore that has been your real friend long enough for you to really trust them.
Mary, Jim, Mike, Chris, Dylan, DJV (don't remember which of them you go on well with and which not)...everyone like that has quit or doesn't really play now.
None of them would need the help of more crits either.

I know I left some out, but that's my observation as far as what I know of you Jen.
You've had the biggest bank and clan too long to allow it to go to anyone who wasn't here before that. That leaves you practically stumped. I know when I started I was instructed to hate you and TR...that went away eventually, but mostly just because DJV were fun people; then it turned out everyone else was cool, too.
But they weren't cool until I was in well enough to have them not hitting me and whatnot...eh?

No one will read what I posted here...but -shrug-

3 post in a row...boo!

#29 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:07 AM

Wow this is like the single toughest question in Nightmist.

If you are serious about never ever playing again I would say let the account rot. It just wouldn`t be your style to go handing out crits and items. You are the tighest player in NM. I mean your the girl who lst a dual because you had to scroll down to pick up gold. I don't mean tightest player in a bad way. That account woulda never got that large if you weren't commited to hanging onto every crit you could.

If there is a slight chance that at some time you will come back then I would turn the account over to Mike or Dylan just for the sake of keeping them active. Dylan would be my first choice only because I don`t know the current status of Mike because he generally hides in the shadows sometimes taking long breaks from NM.

But by no means would I in your position give any of the items you slaved for away. It just wouldn`t be right at all imo.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#30 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:02 AM

Easy for me I'd just leave everything for Alan. Does Chris still play?(have not seen him since I left T.R) Maybe just let that ###### use your stuff more than he already does. Or give Jared the chance to buy certain rares and just keep gold in bank acc and forever rule a text based game! EVERYONES lifelong ambition.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users