Rangers

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Phibie

Phibie
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 03:25 AM

I believe instead of it saying this: You attacked a Black Bear with a Steel Bow for 21 points of damage.
It should say something along the lines of this: You shot a Black Bear with a Steel Bow for 21 points of damage. This makes since to me since someone would probably not hit something with a bow, you would probably shoot it.

Feel free to comment.

Phibi - main / Survivor- 1a

#2 Fire Fly

Fire Fly
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:53 AM

Yeah I have to agree with you and absolutly SUPPORTED!!
The liver is evil and it must be punished

#3 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:07 AM

Supported.

Edited by Dark, 27 April 2006 - 11:08 AM.

#4 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:43 PM

I think this kind of thing has been brought up before, or something like it.

If you're simply attacking using your bow, you're not nessicarily shooting. You could be attacking in a variety of ways. Its only when using things like "Flaming Arrow, Dual Shot, and Rapid Fire that it is garunteed that the way you are attacking someone is by a shot from your bow.

What the what?

#5 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:14 PM

If by that you mean using the bow as a club, then the bow woudnt last very long at all. And it woudnt cause as much damage

#6 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:38 PM

If by that you mean using the bow as a club, then the bow woudnt last very long at all. And it woudnt cause as much damage

What's to say it is being used as a club, and with arrows the damage would be so powerful it'd outbalance the class system..?

oh, and it should be; You shot at a Black Bear with a Steel Bow for 21 points of damage.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#7 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:39 PM

Hmm. Alone said pretty much all I intended to. But with less ranting and tangenting. >_>

Edited by Wolfgang, 28 April 2006 - 06:44 PM.

What the what?

#8 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:06 AM

This makes since to me since someone would probably not hit something with a bow, you would probably shoot it.

Feel free to comment.

This pic probably wins the "most posted pic on the forum" award, and deservedly so:

No prizes for guessing which pic ;)

Posted Image
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#9 Urgency

Urgency
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:30 AM

I think this kind of thing has been brought up before, or something like it.

If you're simply attacking using your bow, you're not nessicarily shooting. You could be attacking in a variety of ways. Its only when using things like "Flaming Arrow, Dual Shot, and Rapid Fire that it is garunteed that the way you are attacking someone is by a shot from your bow.

yea i agree changing it on things like flaming arrow, dual shot, rapid fire but for anything else its really hard to judge because by attacking you could possibly be stabbing or something else along those lines... but overall supported
Imperfection is inherited, therefore we all sin, but fighting the war of sin is the greatest war of all because we all die in the end no matter how hard we fight. Tupac

#10 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:25 PM

Haha Alan, who drew that?
Disaster ingame.

#11 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:28 PM

Creed, someone who used to play a long time ago. Says at the bottom, also dated 2/10/04 ;)

Edited by alone, 01 May 2006 - 04:28 PM.

"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#12 Jigsaw

Jigsaw
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:19 PM

Change the message for all bows, so you'd still have 'attacked' for Oak Staff and such weapons.

It's a nice pic but we clearly dont hit monsters/players with the actual bow. ;)

#13 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:43 AM

Supported.

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users