• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:36 PM

Pretty simple, let's have a weapon or two that use say 5 mana per successful hit. Or weapons that cause the wielder to lose hp when they hit.

Pretty please? If this is already possible to do, then I might start thinking of some things ;)

Edit: How you'd do it probably is to give the weapon a negative mana leech value / negative vamp. value

Edited by Raylen, 20 April 2006 - 12:37 PM.

+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#2 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:33 PM

This could allow for much stronger hitting weapons. As the player would be obviously killing themselves at the same time - Similar to a Beserker in a sense.
As example could be an Axe of Rage that has 50bd, but knocks off 20hp per hit.. Description reading about how the Axe has an evil aura that throws the person into a furious rage not caring for themselves or others..
Could also link to Amulets, Rings etc.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#3 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:06 PM

Or maybe as a way to allow mages to use a weapon but still hit nicely , like say a staff that hits for 40-60 damage but rips off 20-30 mana, and turns into a normal staff when run outa mana to channel into the staff.

#4 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:04 PM

I think that would be pretty cool... but if done with mana, what would happen if/when you ran out?

You'd still hit for more, but nothing would be drained...
And if, lets say it took 30 HP per hit, and you had 20 HP left. Would it allow you to attack and slay yourself in the process?

What the what?

#5 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:52 PM

As i said in my post you could always make it turn into a normal low bd weapon once run out, as for hp id assume it work like everything else in nightmist (cant attack yourself, cant zerk with 1hp), by normal i mean like the bd drops significantly as its not able to drain anything.

Edited by Dark, 20 April 2006 - 08:53 PM.

#6 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 12:35 AM

Can't use Beam without the mana, why should you be allowed to attack with this weapon without enough mana.
Nice twist with the 20hp left, when 30's needed. Think it'd be interesting to see if anyone would use that last hit..
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#7 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:47 AM

Can't use Beam without the mana, why should you be allowed to attack with this weapon without enough mana.

Ah, didnt think of it like that somehow. I just kind of read the post by dark, and was curious as to how the mana flow would stop.

That would be kind of annoying, to lose the ability to attack simply because you run out of mana... though, to be honest, I like it.

If this is at all possible, I would like to see it in game :x.

What the what?

#8 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:41 PM

As for the higher BD, that'd just make PT literally fastest first, no element of skill, with a 50 BD weapon you will click whatever you hit.
Si Senior!

#9 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:35 PM

lol 2ez should be more hp, possible 1/4 overall hp instead of a set ammount, then if you zerk and hit 4 times you're at 1 hp ;)

#10 §møké

§møké
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:51 PM

well i do give this idea +5 for originality lol nicely done

i do like the idea however i think 50 BD is a little to high, allthough it would make clerics WAY more usefull with their attacking abilitys so yeah i support it if its worked out better...anyone got an idea for a weapon? a full description/library i mean

#11 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:47 PM

I think everyone missed the word 'example' in my post.. You're all picking up on the 50bd, but not the amazing name I gave the weapon (that, by the way, is obviously going to be put in game......).
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#12 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:49 PM

Yeah. Every figure put out thus far has pretty obviously been an example.

Could also link to Amulets, Rings etc.

You've caught my interest. How so?

What the what?

#13 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:28 AM

Well obviously, I don't know exactly how the game engine works. But it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate weapon stats into items suchs as Amulets, Rings etc. Therefore adding a nice negative vamp to an Amulet of Rage would work the same way as with the weapon.

It does rely on every item stat being settable on every item though.
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#14 «™®?¨CHaÏNY¨?™»

«™®?¨CHaÏNY¨?™»
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:54 AM

Nice twist with the 20hp left, when 30's needed. Think it'd be interesting to see if anyone would use that last hit..

Last I checked Beam wasn't an equiped weapon so why shouldn't it be able to be used as normal or with mana. Can always use it the way a zerker uses rage so it's a normal weapon with lower stats until you opt to use up all your mana for a duel or boss. Make it maybe that you use a certain amount of mana when switching between the 2.
Why is it you can sue a cigarette company for cancer, McDonalds for getting fat, but you cant sue Smirnoff for all the ugly people youve slept with?!

#15 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:28 PM

Last I checked Beam wasn't an equiped weapon so why shouldn't it be able to be used as normal or with mana. Can always use it the way a zerker uses rage so it's a normal weapon with lower stats until you opt to use up all your mana for a duel or boss. Make it maybe that you use a certain amount of mana when switching between the 2.

I think that may slightly harder to implement, as it's something that isn't ingame at all atm. Whereas mana leeching already is, only need to know if it's reversable (nice if a staffer would test this..).

However, if possible, it's certainly a much nicer option, adds a little more spice.
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#16 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:12 PM

The thing about rage is that its an ability assigned to the character, not to the weapon. In order to create an item for that, you'd probably have to completely re-engineer the way that the weapon/ability system works.
And I don't really think anybody wants to do that...

What the what?

#17 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:48 PM

It is perfectly possible for a weapon to have a negative vamparic property, and I've had JLH update the server so your health does not fall below 1 (before, it would fall below 1 and go negative without killing you). The same isn't true for negative mana leeching, I don't think... that would be weird!

At present, rings and amulets cannot add this effect to an otherwise regular weapon.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#18 Evaporate

Evaporate
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:09 PM

Library info for Soul Blade
Base damage: 26, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, Description: This artifact was recently uncovered in an ancient burial tomb, in a dual sarcophagus. Although much has been lost regarding these ancient artifacts, including the true fate, that beheld the original discoverers of the artifacts. Some say this blade was the creation of evil spirits, that drained the very life out of the user with every swing of this translucent sword. It glows with a strange chromatic aura, that sends chills up your spine. Level needed to equip it: 23, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: -0.5, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Library info for Soul Staff
Base damage: 20, Can be used by: Clerics, Druids, Mages, Paladins, Description: This artifact was recently uncovered in an ancient burial tomb, in a dual sarcophagus. Although much has been lost regarding these ancient artifacts, including the true fate, that beheld the original discoverers of the artifacts. Some say this blade was the creation of evil spirits, that drained the very life out of the user with every swing of this translucent sword. It glows with a strange achromatic aura, that sends chills up your spine. Level needed to equip it: 25, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: -0.5

Definitions: (intentional variation)
achromatic: Having no hue
chromatic: Able to refract light without spectral color separation

Edit:
Variations to the base/level are always to be expected. There are plenty of high level weapons, would be nice to see a few 20-25+ weapons roll around..... If its possible, I think the weapon should actually drain HP/MP during any hit, not just the ones that succeed.

Edited by Evaporate, 02 June 2006 - 08:12 PM.

#19 Evaporate

Evaporate
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 04:43 PM

Would be nice to see a druid/cleric weapon that drains mana. Mages probably wouldn't attack with it, but, be nice to have on a look over...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users