19 replies to this topic

#1 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:48 AM

Library info for Yuletide Coronet:
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: mages, Description: Sprigs of holly twist around a silver circlet decorated with snowflakes that sparkle and glisten as if they actually were new-fallen snow. Crafted by dwarven silversmiths and enchanted by elven sorcerers, this coronet provides protection from magical attacks., Level needed to equip it: 25, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 1, Charisma modifier: 0.

Sshhh/Cyst ingame.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#2 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:47 PM

Ingame bid - 800k

#3 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:06 PM

Looking for a little bit more...

Will be sold tomorrow if there are no other bids.

Edited by Sausage, 09 January 2008 - 02:32 AM.

#4 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:20 PM

well 2mil in items or gold if you feel the need to sell
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#5 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:55 PM

me likey...

Edited by Sausage, 09 January 2008 - 11:41 PM.

#6 Spectra

Spectra
  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:52 PM

me likey...

stop lew
3mil gold cash =D
"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light-for the fruit of light consists in all Goodness, Righteousness and Truth"

#7 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:15 PM

LOL JOE UPTO OLD SCHOOL TRICKS
HE DOSNT ACTUALLY WANT IT, TRY AND SELL TO HIM

I WITHDRAW :ph34r:
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#8 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:52 PM

I hope someone would not be mooseing up my sale.

Sold to Spectra. Unless the above is true, than Snoopy, it's yours.

#9 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:06 PM

If Spectra doesn't cough up the 3mil, let me know. There will be in-game penalties for phony bidding.

http://www.nightmist...showtopic=24167
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#10 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:55 PM

How far does that go, if I bid on an item for instance and have the chance to find a cheaper one on site or w/e (which there are). Then do I still have to cough up the bucks? So withdrawel isn't possible?
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#11 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:50 PM

I don't see how anyone could determine whether or not a bid if phony. For someone with lots of funds who doesn't play a whole lot, he might want to just pay a lot and get a quest item without the trouble of bidding. Even if he does back out, who's to say he didn't just decide that he didn't care to collect quest items and would rather keep the gold for his ranking?

That rule is simply moronic in my opinion, as you all have no idea what someone is thinking. So what if someone boosts the sale price. The buyer still has the option of refusing to pay a higher price, and the seller will ultimately go back to whoever wasn't posting bogus bids if he really wants to sell it.
Autek in game.

#12 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:11 AM

There is a difference between phony bidding and pulling out of an auction if you decide that you don't want the item or find a cheaper equivalent available. Pulling out is, in my opinion, bad practice in itself, but deliberate phony bidding is just plain wrong.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#13 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:19 AM

I also saw Sausage saying he wouldn't sell it anymore, isn't that pulling out as well? Ot is this a one sided rule? It's to much room for error to enforce something like this. I bid on something, then happen to get it as present or cheaper on site and then im stuck to both? And then I stick with the one i bidded on and I get overbid and don't got anything.

Only reason this get's hype is because Lew makes a simple comment, don't think you can use that as a base to enforce anything on someone.
Angelus ingame.

#14 Spectra

Spectra
  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

I also saw Sausage saying he wouldn't sell it anymore, isn't that pulling out as well? Ot is this a one sided rule? It's to much room for error to enforce something like this. I bid on something, then happen to get it as present or cheaper on site and then im stuck to both? And then I stick with the one i bidded on and I get overbid and don't got anything.

Only reason this get's hype is because Lew makes a simple comment, don't think you can use that as a base to enforce anything on someone.

correctomundo my friend

besides i bought it

got 2 now

neone else selling this stuff?
"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light-for the fruit of light consists in all Goodness, Righteousness and Truth"

#15 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

Check site? Lol they cheaper on there then the 3 mill u offered.
Angelus ingame.

#16 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:33 PM

I thought this was Items for Sale, not Discussion forum.

Maybe you guys could argue the stipulations of the rule somewhere else?

Anyway, Spectra hit me up ingame and we'll do this.

#17 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:09 AM

Snoopy, you were right. Spectra was playing games and did not cough up the 3mil. He instead tried persuading me into trading a 31 ranger for it instead. At any rate, if you are still interested, get at me ingame.

#18 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:50 AM

lol. Joe is just a hobo.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#19 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:51 AM

im sorry mate - while all this messing about was happening i was contacted in game and i bought one for the agreed 2mil, chiquita looks nice and shiney now :-)

#20 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:10 PM

The staff have agreed that this was a phony bid designed to manipulate the sale price. You were warned against this, and there has been a pinned thread on this topic since April.

Spectra's account is banned until such time as he is willing to follow through on his bid of 3 million gold. Spectra, you can contact any of the staff to complete the trade.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users