Corruption Of America

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 ChainSaw

ChainSaw
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 05:26 AM

I would like just LIST**** note a list of things that are corrpt within the american in biz, pollotics, socally, or anything... go
Without emotion, man would be nothing. Love, joy, sorrow, fear, apprehension, anger satisfaction and discontent provide the meaning of human existence

#2 Bishop

Bishop
  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 05:35 AM

Youth education system (apparently)

#3 ChainSaw

ChainSaw
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 05:46 AM

I am 16 years old and on my own free time i am writing a essay about americas corruption. I would like impute from you people on those :unsure:
Without emotion, man would be nothing. Love, joy, sorrow, fear, apprehension, anger satisfaction and discontent provide the meaning of human existence

#4 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 05:52 AM

Your English certainly is corrupted.

Westcoast

#5 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:07 AM

Kind of an ambiguous thing to ask since corruption is a relative term...

But I guess I'll go with Healthcare (because I live in Canada and our Healthcare is free).
Posted Image

#6 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:44 AM

The most corrupt thing now in America is the war, because we're really just fighting for oil. If it wasn't for the oil, we would have blown a hole in the ground where ever we saw fit.
How the hell would I know?

#7 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:23 AM

I would say justice system because I just right now watched a current affairs programme on tele.

New Zealander didn't hang up his cellphone when asked, got arrested for being a terrorist with no formal charges against him. Spent 2 years in that suspected terrorist prison. FINALLY got released and straight away got arrested leaving the courtroom for overstaying by one and a half years.

He can still see the funny side in it at least lol.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#8 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:30 AM

i don't think a list is possible. it's just not so simple as straightforward corruption springs up in one spot and moves from another. now since american government is tremendously vast spotting corruption is often like panning for gold in any stream, most of it will pass by, and for each small piece you find, you know there is more waiting to be sifted out.

now there is something to be said for the system of electing representatives and the influence that business has. however, that has always been there it seems. yet, sometimes it's worse than others. it's complexity is maddening really when you consider the efforts of business, and private wealth to shape popular opinion in america. i just can't do a list, it's a project more suited to an indefinite run of books.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#9 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:38 AM

"Homies" & "Gangstas", I blame America entirely for those... Oh, and basketball too...
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#10 FooFoo

FooFoo
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 01:22 PM

Green Ketchup
Paris Hilton
Teletubbies
Gas Prices
Road Rage
Power Rangers
Red Bull
The Gap
Our obsession with money x_x

#11 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 01:37 PM

Gas Prices, I really hope you don't mean Petrol...

So many American's piss and moan about Petrol prices over there.. But it's SO cheap.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#12 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 02:35 PM

I would like just LIST**** note a list of things that are corrpt within the american in biz, pollotics, socally, or anything... go

pretty much everything that is interweaved with another that is corrupt allready plays some part, so the answers are too vast to list. Everything usually all leads to government though.

#13 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 08:08 PM

You could start your essay about the corruption of the current presidency. Starting with what a scam the election process is and how Bush won both elections under shady conditions.
Then you can go from there and discuss the current war we are in and how it is unnecesary and pointless.
You could also show how the media is corrupt in the fact they are selective on what they chose to report on and how they try to use scare tactics on the american people.

This is just a start.......
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#14 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 08:29 PM

So many American's piss and moan about Petrol prices over there.. But it's SO cheap.

I don't know what you guys call it over there, but gas is the fluid we put in our cars on a regular basis so that they can go .

Westcoast

#15 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:17 PM

Yes, compare it with the prices in Great Britain and I am sure people will think otherwise about their petrol prices!

The corruption in America... well... Bush, McDonalds, The Patriot Act, US Secret Service, SUVs and Bush!

Of course, I might simply be going by the anti-American propaganda.

P.S. I know I said Bush twice!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#16 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:23 PM

McDonalds o.O

Umm currupted things........Anyone played all the Metal Gear Solid games where the president is really just a figurehead for the patriots. Well something like that is happening but we dont know who it is imo. The ''people above the president'' were also behind killing JFK because he was trying to change theier system.
Stadic Ingame...

#17 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:35 PM

stupid

#18 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:44 PM

Anything that involves power has a high risk of being corrupt.
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#19 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 11:07 PM

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The story of Bush's life.
Stadic Ingame...

#20 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 11:33 PM

Kind of an ambiguous thing to ask since corruption is a relative term...

But I guess I'll go with Healthcare (because I live in Canada and our Healthcare is free).

Not really free since it's social medicine and that means you guys pay for it with taxes....

Anyway--you want proof that our government is corrupt, take a look at Nixon. Watch 'All the President's Men'..it's a pretty good movie about Watergate. I would be sure that the US is more corrupt now than it was back then.

Also, I think we went to war for our Vice President's CEO friends at Halaburten (or however you spell it) to make money from the government. Don't get me wrong; I support our troops and our people, but I don't think we should be screwing around in places thousands and thousands of miles away just because we don't like their form government (why didn't we learn from Vietnam?)...we're not even really after Osama or terrorists anymore; we'rejust implanting our government, supposedly democracy.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#21 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:02 AM

Okay, I shouldn't have said free... but rather...umm... universal - those that need the attention can get it without the doctors asking for money first. You still need to wait in line but I truly think our system is one of the better.
Posted Image

#22 Warriorqueen69

Warriorqueen69
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 01:23 AM

How about this, there is no corruption...we're just all victims of an evil scheme, contemplated by 'The Gnomes of Zurich'.

#23 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 01:30 AM

Green Ketchup
Paris Hilton
Teletubbies
Gas Prices
Road Rage
Power Rangers
Red Bull
The Gap
Our obsession with money x_x

I hate to admit it, but Teletubbies are British! Teletubby-land is somewhere in Warwickshire!

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#24 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 01:35 AM

The root of all evil...

#25 two

two
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 05:51 AM

this is one cliched quagmire. everything is corrupted. your personal beliefs are corrupted by conscious, or unconscious guilt trips fed to you by the media compared to personal advances in self worth measured by monetary gain. people who succeed or make money should feel bad for doing so (McDonalds, Bush), while those who fail are scapegoated and exiled (anyone associated with Enron, 6 minute abs!).

the corruption begins with this phoney balogny assignment. i suggest the teacher resure their own vision of dignified success on a more darwinian line: survival of your genetic line....and death to your competition.

besides, if we hold onto this communistic view of a pure and shameless lifestyle, we'll live in a very boring place....

....also known as Canada.

#26 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 01:34 PM

how about the fact if you open a Mc donalds in your country America wont attack you thats pritty much summing up there ideas :unsure:
Feck Off

#27 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 02:53 PM

Yes, compare it with the prices in Great Britain and I am sure people will think otherwise about their petrol prices!

The corruption in America... well... Bush, McDonalds, The Patriot Act, US Secret Service, SUVs and Bush!

Lets convert howmuch South Africans pay per litre of petrol..

$1 US per litre
£0.5 per litre
Euro 0.7 per litre

These are all rough estimates.. not on the dot calculations.

But thats a lot of money for fuel.
Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.

#28 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 04:00 PM

Lets convert howmuch South Africans pay per litre of petrol..

$1 US per litre
£0.5 per litre
Euro 0.7 per litre

These are all rough estimates.. not on the dot calculations.

But thats a lot of money for fuel.

Sorry but I'm still paying $2.10 a gal. of regular, and $2.39 a gal. super here.

#29 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 04:01 PM

At the moment it is £0.84 per litre of unleaded petrol here.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#30 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 04:17 PM

Ok.. I'm astounded.. You have super tax on petrol then :unsure:
Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users