• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ushka

ushka
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:08 PM

New Race-
Ive suggested this before but i focused on the Gargun.

Stats- They are similar to humans as that is what they have mutated from.
19 16 19 20 18 19
Explanation-
Str - 19 gains no extra power over a human.
Int - 16 is your dog smart?
Dex - 19 As agile as a human (possibly swap this with con)
Con - 20 Sturdier than a human
Wis - 18 loses some knowledge through mutation
Chr - Arnt dogs just cool? Maybe not 6ft tall ones clawing your eyes out but hey :unsure:

Story-
Werewolves are mutated from humans, they retain a humans stance but with the appearance(sp?) of a wolf. he first human was mutated into a wereolf in (forgot his name) *Necromancer Man* in necromancer tower. From then on the virus has slowly been spreading and werewolves are now a major race in Nightmist.

Classes-
Berserker, Maybe Fighter

Explanation-
Berserker - Its an insane werewolf so berserker fits it well.
Fighter - To make it more than a 1 class race, but can wolves wear armour?(sp?)

OK just support/suggest/bully me as you deem necesary(sp?)

B)

#2 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:57 PM

This probably doesn't really fall into "suggest"ing or "bully"ing ... I think its more than I'm being annoying ^^

I'm sorry... but why would Zanitos (the 'necromancer man') have created werewolves?
I thought he was responsible for things such as necromancy- the dead and the undead... a category that werewolves don't really fall into... ^^

Might I suggest attributing it to the mage who made Mt.Fenowasty (and to whom the existance of the griffins, collossal ants, cinder beasts, mutant beetles... and the other mutants in the Mt.Fenowasty area can perhaps be attributed)
He had some interesting genetic experiments going on in his little self made park... Werewolves would be better attributed to him (or her?)

Sorry again... I just think the old Lycan class was better thought out.

Edited by Charon, 02 December 2004 - 07:00 PM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#3 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 04:49 AM

Might I suggest attributing it to the mage who made Mt.Fenowasty (and to whom the existance of the griffins, collossal ants, cinder beasts, mutant beetles... and the other mutants in the Mt.Fenowasty area can perhaps be attributed)
He had some interesting genetic experiments going on in his little self made park... Werewolves would be better attributed to him (or her?)

Hoooooooooooold up. Is it dictated anywhere in the game that this mage is this fellow who made the cinder beast and mutant beetles? I ask this as I always believed they were the creations of the Atrium Monarch, seeing as they are found nowhere else in Nightmist other than the lovely Atrium itself...
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#4 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 05:22 PM

I think the mage made mutant beetles/Cinder Beasts but the monarch put all his time and effort into making it bigger and better! (Giant Cinder Beast)
Stadic Ingame...

#5 ushka

ushka
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 05:50 PM

Ok all the stuff the same, but revised the explanation:

Werewolves are mutated from humans, they retain a humans stance but with the appearance(sp?) of a wolf. he first human was mutated into a wereolf by the mage in Mt. Fenowasty. Since that grim day the virus has slowly been spreading and werewolves are now a major race in Nightmist.

#6 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 05:54 PM

Have a look at the catacomb area under the gnoll fortress.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#7 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:41 PM

Hoooooooooooold up. Is it dictated anywhere in the game that this mage is this fellow who made the cinder beast and mutant beetles? I ask this as I always believed they were the creations of the Atrium Monarch, seeing as they are found nowhere else in Nightmist other than the lovely Atrium itself...

Nope, it is not dictated anywhere in the game that the nice mountain-mage made them, and the cinder beasts and beetles may well be the monarchs toys ... I did say "can perhaps be attributed" :unsure:

But cinder beasts aren't found only found in the garden, they're found in the mages domain also B)

I wonder what would happen if I suggested (also with no in game backing) that perhaps the Monarch and the mage are one and the same, just given different names? I'm not sure about this assumption myself, but it is one I've thought about ^^
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users