• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:41 AM

It can be as ridiculous or serious as you like, but what the's best on-screen death that you've come across in film and television?
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#2 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

Good query. There are so many that its hard to even remember them all, but i really like when frank is shot on donnie darko. Not neccissarily because it was the "best death scene", but because of the how it revealed alot about what had already happened.

Tony Montanas last stand is pretty epic though.

Lots of good ones.

Edited by Apocalypto, 04 June 2010 - 06:17 PM.

Apocalypto

#3 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:41 PM

Mufasa's death. ( The Lion King ) ( Best cartoon screen play )

At the end of the Notebook where the two old people die together i would say is a runner imo.
Peacemaker both servers.

#4 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:49 PM

Denzel Washington at the end of Man on Fire where he trades his life for the little girls. Struck a tear in my manly eye :P
Astinus on 1alt Only

#5 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 04:28 AM

denzel washington in training day is pretty bad ass too lol.. "king kong.. aint got nuts.. on me"
Apocalypto

#6 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

The above posts fail.

It is absolutely clear the best death scene is Hans Gruber in Die Hard.
Si Senior!

#7 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:53 AM

Mufasa's death. ( The Lion King ) ( Best cartoon screen play )

I just watched that movie on VHS the other day. Ohh, the memories, lol. I remember pretty much sobbing when I first seen it. It gets me every time.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#8 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

Ugh .. might have to post later on this but right now between all the movies I've saw its hard to pick a #1..I can think of some really awesome horror movie deaths too!

Edited by Gnarkill, 05 June 2010 - 05:42 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#9 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

Denzel Washington at the end of Man on Fire where he trades his life for the little girls. Struck a tear in my manly eye :P

I actually found that one of the crappiest endings ever. There is no reason for him to give up his own live. He's been pwning people all over and now suddenly he's going to let himself die that easy? Laame.

How it was:

| Mother
X Denzel
, Kid
|||| Bad people

|X___________________,||||

|_________ X,_________||||

|,____________________X||||

How it easily could've been:
|X___________________,||||

|_________ X,_________||||

|X,___________________||||

They mooseing meet halfway, him and the kid, and he just keeps on walking to the bad guys. Hey I dunno, maybe when the kid ran past you could pull out a gun and kill em like you did in the entire movie? Lamest ending ever. I don't mind the self sacrifice theme, but it has to make sense. He could've also just walked back with the kid, there was like a quarter of a mile between both parties. He could've asked for help prior. Hell, he could've brought a bazooka and once they let the kid go, he could've blown em all to hell.

Dumbest bad guys as well, they are just releasing the kid, and hoping Denzel is stupid enough to keep on walking towards them even if they already gave up the kid.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#10 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

How about this for a death?

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#11 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:15 AM

Gets my vote.

#12 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:43 PM

havent actually seen the movie, but from the parts i caught last night Wanted has some pretty nice effects with the deaths...
Apocalypto

#13 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5244 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:24 AM

Yea, considering all the movies I have seen, not many great death scenes come to mind.
I agree with Apacalypto about Wanted. -SPOILER- The final clip is really good, as is the circle shot where Angelina Jolie kills everyone just before the end.

I suppose my favorite 'death scene' is the end of Fight Club, and I'm not sure if that entirely counts...
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#14 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:16 PM

The scene in Godfather 1 with the christening of Connie and Carlo's son when Michael Corleone becomes their Godfather, which during that moment the heads of the other families are assassinated along with Moe Green. That scene to me is still so amazingly well shot and by far my favorite movie death(s) of all time.

And on the topic of deaths of mob bosses it reminds me of the worst death of all time. Tony Soprano's fade to black 'death'. Q_Q

Edited by Exor, 07 June 2010 - 01:20 PM.

-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#15 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:58 PM

Decided to bump a year-old topic after a friend introduced me to "Game of Thrones", complete with an absolutely epic death scene... it's the metallic 'clunk' at 4:32 that gets me. A clue: the guy seems to get very hot-headed, and the episode is called "A Golden Crown".

Edited by Crane, 08 August 2011 - 11:03 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#16 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

All very good, but you guys are missing the MOST EPICNESS EVAR TROLLLLLL.

William Wallace's death in Braveheart.

The man decides to forfeit mercy to stand up for his beliefs. He has many chances to buckle while undergoing strenuous torture, and his last breath he yells FREEEEEDOMMMMMMMMM ....so fkin epic
Prophet 1a #1 pande pwning clan!

#17 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:53 AM

The little kid on Role Models :lol:
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#18 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

Gotta love Game of Thrones, Golden Crown gets my vote :lol:

On a side note, Matty you might wanna take "Retired" out of your sig since your trolling around now.

#19 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:14 PM

I still haven't watched Game of Thrones yet. I've been meaning to though. Same with that show The Borgias on Showtime I believe? Both look really good. I know GoT has to be amazing to be on HBO. They seldom put out anything bad. Speaking of which now that I've watched The Wire I'd add Omar's death as a crazy movie/tv show death. Everyone expected him to die but to die like he did was just insane.
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#20 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

Gotta love Game of Thrones, Golden Crown gets my vote :lol:

On a side note, Matty you might wanna take "Retired" out of your sig since your trolling around now.

You sure like to say "Trolling" just learnt what it means?
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users