For New Players

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zophar

Zophar
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 04:48 PM

Alright, I've been gone for a while, so unless you really feel the need to, don't harp at me for creating a new thread on old topics, I don't have the patience to go through 6 months worth of threads.

These suggestions, im my opinion, are somehwat necessary to keep new players from quitting.

1.Orc exp- It really needs to be brought back up to normal(5-10 epd lower then a trolls if I remember correctly). This one factor alone makes the orc caves useless. Trolls give good exp and there are vampire bats for the healers, but compared to orcs they are are far and few inbetween. This used to be the perfect training area for relatively new players, but now it sucks. It is fairly close to town, and is large enough to ensure constant training, which is something newbies need.

2.Arenas-The exp gains should be increased to 2/3, or at least 3/5. Without MANY good places to train outside town, and the abundance of pkers, many players are confined to the arenas. This is bad since the pace at which levels are gained there are too low, causing many to get fed up and quit. Also, adding some new monsters to the arenas could help eliminate the repetiveness of them

Possible Additions

Nightmist: Giant Rat, Mutant Rat, Giant Leech.

Arilin: Wolf, Demonic Soldier, Troll, Vampire Bats.

Resthaven: These arenas are useless lol.

Harabec: No need for them here, especially a cut&pasted RH arena.

Blackthorn: Some need to be added, as a lot of elite players hang around the areas surrounding. Giant Leech, Orc, Owls, Ogres, Guard Spiders etc...

3. A link to Jurians NMHelper needs to be put somewhere ingame so newbies become aware of it. Maybe in the announcement section when you log on, or perhaps the NM arena entrance.

There's my 2 cents. And remember, newbs are our future

P.S-Any pkers posting about taking away people to pick on can smack themselves, go find someone your lvl(s) to kill.

#2 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 06:14 PM

3. A link to Jurians NMHelper needs to be put somewhere ingame so newbies become aware of it. Maybe in the announcement section when you log on, or perhaps the NM arena entrance.

hmm lol i don't c that happen ^_^ other then that it would mean i have to keep updating it. if ppl supply me info from new areas i will.

your other ideas have been suggested before it just won't happen :P
Even in death my hate will go on

#3 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:59 PM

When i first started playing the arena exp wasnt halfed i think, when was it halfed anyway?

#4 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:14 PM

Check the Announcement board on the old forum. It should be there somewhere.

Edit: While I'm posting, I might as well say something semi-costructive.

Arenas are repetitive. They are cut and paste and dry to the bone. As a character, how could you ever hope to master your skills if you confine yourself to your own little world where your opponents are controlled?

Anybody knows that the fastest way of learning is emersion. You can only learn so much from a classroom. It's a whole new ballgame when you get out into that whole, wide world.

I am in no way supporting PK'ing. However, I do support giving people that little "push" to get out and explore.

Edited by Squee, 19 October 2004 - 08:19 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:47 AM

There used to be a Giant Beetle in the Nightmist arena, not anymore though...

#6 sayadin

sayadin
  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:18 PM

There used to be a Giant Beetle in the Nightmist arena, not anymore though...

i remember that... lol... :P
The Greater the Difficulty, the More the Glory in Surmounting it. -Epicurus

#7 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:14 PM

I've played a similar game to nightmist (3-d though), where the Arena/Stadium has the most 1337 monsters, rather than the weakest.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#8 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:02 PM

I don't see why the xp is halved. There is no logical reason. You fight the same monsters, which do the same damage, attack at the same speed, have the same hp, the same armour and are just as difficult to kill as those outside of arenas. So why do you only get half xp? it just doens't make sense.

#9 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:10 PM

Because you're fighting them in a controlled environment. You don't worry about other surprise elements (like flash storms, mercenaries and maruaders or perhaps additional monsters).

Though it's true that I can learn how to speak French fluently through books, I will learn it so much quicker if I were thrown into a purely French environment.

It's not so much that you get half xp from monsters in arena, you get double the xp from monsters not in arenas. (Even though that's not how it was originally designed.)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users