So They Want To Revive Main Server

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Neikan1

Neikan1
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:16 AM

Due to the main server crapping out and everyone trying to bring it back why are the halloweenquests only being ran on the 1 alt server? If anything thats going to push the few players left on the main server to 1a because they are going to see that 1a is getting more then the main server and make them switch over decreasing the players left......so Why would you run a holiday quest on just one server and it being the server that has the most people that play it and leave the one thats going to crap out? Shouldn't you run in on the main server also for the people that don't play 1a i play both servers but i believe its very unfair to the people on the main server not to have the quest but the people on 1 alt to have it just my opinion post what you think

#2 Backwash

Backwash
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:22 AM

i agree i was wondering the same thing, true, i was looking all night in harabec for the quest on multi with my adept party! and if it is to hard to find the 31+ just use the same ppl from 1 alt, same arena just multi crits.

#3 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:37 AM

Multi would rape through that area in no time.

1a doesn't have many areas to go to. Most places will kill you fairly quick unless ur in a decent sized party. Hp of mobs is focused on 1a playstyle. You could just copy and paste it in multi prolly, but that just disrupts it even more i reckon.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#4 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:39 AM

I was going to post the same type of Comment.
A Multi Alt quest for Halloween would have been nice.
If we are going to have 2 servers then a quest should be on both.

Edited by Redheart, 27 October 2007 - 01:40 AM.

" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#5 Neikan1

Neikan1
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:42 AM

Multi would rape through that area in no time.

1a doesn't have many areas to go to. Most places will kill you fairly quick unless ur in a decent sized party. Hp of mobs is focused on 1a playstyle. You could just copy and paste it in multi prolly, but that just disrupts it even more i reckon.

well it didn't have to be exactly the same alittle work and all they have to really do is increase the hp on the bosses and monsters and make them hit hard.......

#6 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:46 AM

1.) Staff have kinda split up on servers (Emma, Elf, Wes - 1a) (Trev, Joe, Mark, Gaddy - Multi)
2.) Emma has been working her tail off on this quest for quite some time on 1a planned this way in advanced.
3.) Plus like Gaddy has said "Why run more quest on a dead server" So they can work real hard and get 5 people to go to.

No need to moan that its unfair one got and the other didn't thats the player-base fault

Freek ingame.

#7 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:50 AM

It's exciting to see so many people interested in a quest on multi. I could give the sarcastic response of "where were you for the last quest then", but instead, I'll give you a few different kinds of answers to your question:

1) Until things change, JLH told us to direct the majority of our effort toward 1a. The push to bring life back to the multi server is coming from players and a few of the staff (me, Elf, Scripto), but we're still trying to follow JLH's decree.

2) Quests typically take between 100 and 200 staff-hours worth of effort to plan, balance, implement and test. Most of this typically has to be taken up by one person. The last quest on multi (which ended less than 30 days before Halloween) attracted only 10 players so we decided to put our effort into 1a.

3) Quests can't be copied between servers. Just increasing monster stats doesn't give a balanced area, and even if it did, there is no way to copy things from one server to another... everything has to be rebuilt from scratch.

4) Quests require some amount of support from the admins. Since we have so very little of JLH's time, we only bother building the things we actually think he'll have time to OK. There is currently a 2-month-long backlog of requests for changes (for both servers), so we decided to keep things simple and make them actually happen rather than waste our time.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#8 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:06 AM

Erm.. What if you were to do an all holiday event kinda thing in one as a one off to attract EVERYONE back...

so like... Say halloween, easter, christmas and erm.. Pandi's birthday lol were put into one mad quest.. Soooooooo erm.. The devil and santa made an agreement to destroy the easter bunny and pandi became a reporter and wrote a story about it which would follow as descriptions for the area?

land you could have whitches and stuff around the area trying to defeat the easter bunnys bunny guards and you have to try and save the easter bunny by defeating the whithces etc etc and finally get to the devil and santa and take them down

THAT'D BE ONE COOL QUEST!

#9 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:29 PM

I love it!

#10 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:29 PM

LMFAO @ Hansol

I so love it!!!! That's great!

#11 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:10 AM

If the gods had the good sense to promote me from mortal status there would be quests everyday.

Granted, some of them would just be "follow the gold trail into a big hole you can't get out of", or "Woops! 'Gatehouse' means 'pit of asps' on opposite Friday!", but there would also be "Kill the secret spy who is carrying lots of gold!" In addition to that, for fans of tradition I could even do "Click on a tiny square a ten-thousand times to get the obligatory loot!"

You chumps don't know what you're missing.

Edited by EvilDognapot, 31 October 2007 - 06:10 AM.

Evil report carries further than any applause

#12 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:18 PM

PEOPLE ARE LOVING MY QUEST?

if you really love my quest. leave a comment saying Yes. And i'll start writting a script to it and what not... or just hire some nice people to write one for me.. and then pose it as my own and see what staff wanna do...

lol

or should i do a poll topic aboot it?

#13 ProApse

ProApse
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:51 AM

I'm not sure why your quest is getting that much positive feedback, even though I'm not saying it is a bad idea....but isn't that exactly like last year's Christmas quest, where something (whatever it was) was attacking and had to be stopped or else there would be no Christmas gift, or something? Wasn't that it? And your suggestion could be run the same way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users