45 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:43 AM

Okay here is my problem.

A lot of Nightmist people watch American Football really seriously and I would like to show an interest. I am also an avid gambler and need a team to put money on... However.

The sport is a sham with nothing but tight-wearing, pad-wearing girls who have no loyalty. From what I gather they change teams more often than underwear. It's about the individual and their pay packet. But what really annoys me is instead of making an extra meter or "yard" the son-of-a-pregnant dog will take a "knee" or step out instead of taking a hit and giving us some action... It makes me sick.

NOW that is off my chest. I need help in picking a team to follow that has heart. Who will take the hits and has loyal members who will stay with the club for life. A team that I can follow who will have pretty much the same players as it had the year before. A team that wont take a knee or whatever......
Also a team that isn't going to totally suck and lose me a lot of money. Any help please. Thanks :).
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#2 eclypse

eclypse
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:46 AM

ROFL, supported!!!!! and i have no idea on the team thing
Adultery/Pistol Ingame

#3 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:05 AM

Carolina Panthers
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#4 Speshal

Speshal
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:13 AM

Seattle Seahawks!!!

#5 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:49 AM

Why exactly, how do they cover what I'm looking for?

#6 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:21 AM

go for Atlanta Falcons.. we actually take a hit :)
f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#7 Tadpole

Tadpole
  • Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:34 AM

Eagles cuz they are my team...that should make u pick them just cuz of that, but i'll give u reasons why. besides last year they were one of the elite teams the last 4 years making it to the championship game 3 years in a row(although losing all of em) and the year after that we made it to the super bowl and lost by 3. You want heart and loyalty....donovan mcnabb...he takes the blame for everything that happens to the eagles and is very loyal...he played 1 of if not his best game with a broken ankle and didnt quit....he played through 4 injuries last year until he needed surgery. As for a team that don't take a knee...well every team does that if they are winning and want to seal up and win and kill the clock...so u won't find one team that doesnt.
Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.

KuMiko in game.

#8 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:09 AM

Nice reply.

I've found answers to some of my questions with the Pats, Eagles and Packers now.

Keep them coming :).

#9 staria

staria
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:31 AM

New York Giants :)
Veritas Lux Mea

Demi

#10 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:54 AM

Seattle Seahawks

Just picked up my jersey not to long ago, rdy for the season to start..

btw sounds like you dont or havnt followed the game really, look up superbowl XL, Last season was the first time the Hawks have made it past the first round in the playoffs..went to the superbowl had some bad reffing..lost the Bowl...they are gonna kick ass again this season tho

#11 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:55 AM

I still stand by the Patriots.

1. Over the last 5 years, no other team has won as many games by 3 points or less.
2. Tom Brady shows dedication to his team. Any 2 time super bowl mvp quarterback willing to take less money to stay where he is shows loyalty.
3. Bill Belichick allows few, if any troublemakers on the team. He also frowns upon trash talk before and after games. Any team can talk trash.
4. Most Patriots fans are also Red Sox fans. There's some fan loyalty.
5. Plus, the Pats will be in the Super Bowl again this year.

Flame all you want......we'll bring this topic up again at the end of the year.

#12 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:01 AM

jared, eagles suck wang...hardest division in Football

if u want teams that will pay u well in gambling, and that r semi good, its about Ravens, Falcons, and how about them coowboys

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#13 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:02 AM

if u want teams that will pay u well in gambling, and that r semi good, its about Ravens, Falcons , and how about them coowboys

only thing i care about is falcons prz

#14 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:37 AM

Professional american football sucks wang. I dont even follow it anymore. Now college football on the other hand is where its at. These guys punish themselves for the love of the game, and for a chance to play pro ball where they turn into money grubbing panzies that are afraid to injure themselves. Cant blame them, an injury could end up costing you millions of dollars or your career. Then again, good luck finding a mass of people who actually bet on college ball as it is completley unpredictable. Go watch the movie Rudy please. THis whole post is slightly off topic, but hey no one held a gun to your head to make you read it.
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#15 Piggy

Piggy
  • Game Staff
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:33 PM

I had someone hold a gun to my head to read this post, lucky enough I killed him with my pking skills

Piggy Or Derlok ingame

#16 Mentos

Mentos
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:23 PM

ok. so you want a team with Heart, will, desire, etc. correct? then why not go with the team from when they first started did 1 thing, and for many many many years now are still doing no matter what the other team does to them (run the ball)... go with Pittsburg Steelers. not many teams can go in as a wild card and win the super bowl (thats 6 playoffs game they had to win for the superbowl crown) there qb lead them to the AFC championship his first year and posted a 15-1 record, and his very next year they won it all. and no matter what type of defense you throw at them, they will still run the ball down your throat. plus the RB's are not scared, nor is big ben (the qb). plus keep in mind the big playmakers on defense who make big hits all the time. so pick the Steelers. but in my opinion if you're wanting to find someone who doesnt' care bout money in their pocket, if ur gonna watch NFL its the Pats. everyone on their team took paycuts just to stay on the team together, but id recommend checking into college football, and you'll actually see some people who play for the love of the game, and not worried abot getting paid

#17 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:20 PM

Professional american football sucks wang. I dont even follow it anymore. Now college football on the other hand is where its at. These guys punish themselves for the love of the game, and for a chance to play pro ball where they turn into money grubbing panzies that are afraid to injure themselves. Cant blame them, an injury could end up costing you millions of dollars or your career. Then again, good luck finding a mass of people who actually bet on college ball as it is completley unpredictable. Go watch the movie Rudy please. THis whole post is slightly off topic, but hey no one held a gun to your head to make you read it.

Don't forget though.. College football players have a tad bit more to lose than Professional players. Majority of the college players are also going to college as a fallback career in case something happens to them. However..... half of all college football players are there on a scholarship. If something were to happen to them to where they can no longer play football, they lose their scholarship and their career chances. I prefer college football over professional. Notre Dame for college and if Bears are having a good season for professional, I'll follow them like a hawk.

#18 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:06 PM

ok. so you want a team with Heart, will, desire, etc. correct? then why not go with the team from when they first started did 1 thing, and for many many many years now are still doing no matter what the other team does to them (run the ball)... go with Pittsburg Steelers. not many teams can go in as a wild card and win the super bowl (thats 6 playoffs game they had to win for the superbowl crown) there qb lead them to the AFC championship his first year and posted a 15-1 record, and his very next year they won it all. and no matter what type of defense you throw at them, they will still run the ball down your throat. plus the RB's are not scared, nor is big ben (the qb). plus keep in mind the big playmakers on defense who make big hits all the time. so pick the Steelers. but in my opinion if you're wanting to find someone who doesnt' care bout money in their pocket, if ur gonna watch NFL its the Pats. everyone on their team took paycuts just to stay on the team together, but id recommend checking into college football, and you'll actually see some people who play for the love of the game, and not worried abot getting paid

And who do they have as RB now? ...instead of the :) o so great Betis :) In "superbowl XL" Ben R had a qb rating of less then 27 ... bleh

#19 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:53 AM

if u want teams that will pay u well in gambling, and that r semi good, its about Ravens, Falcons, and how about them coowboys

Jags 34 Cowboys 27

Go cowboys!

#20 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:27 AM

Sorry for what I'm about to do... But that pay-cut line touched me....

You are now looking at a PATS fan! My secondary team will be the EAGLES because McNabb sounds hard.

I've done some homework and realise they wont win every game and might even lose me a bit of money, but they're my teams so don't moose with them or you moose with me. (badass)

God bless America and it's ability to play sport at odds time so that gambling addicts in another country have something to bet on in between rugby matches!

P.S :) the Dodgers sooo much.

#21 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:07 PM

why hasnt any one mentioned the bears? the bears have the toughest D in the league. and i think grossman showed he can toss the ball around now. the running game is solid and they dont make too many mistakes = win games. read up on em. and dont listen to ngh haters opinions on em, the bears are a solid team.

Edit: Mike here btw, di knows nuts bout football :)

Edited by Horny, 15 September 2006 - 04:08 PM.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

#22 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:07 PM

The Bears played the Packers the worst team in the nfl. Let them play a good team then if Grossman does good we see what happens.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#23 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:49 PM

ok? packers = favre. also, they havnt been shut out in 20+ years. go bears.

btw < mike again
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

#24 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:32 AM

packers suck period.

#25 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:44 PM

Well your a betting man so my choice probably would not suit you. But if you want loyalty come to Cleveland home to the Browns. Lost our team in 96' got it back in 99' and have only been to the playoffs once. Yet fans still show up and the team thrives on it. kk thx gg

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#26 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:05 AM

I like the Bears as well. :ph34r:
However,
I prefer Rugby over American football anyday ;)
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#27 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:54 AM

Don't bother with the NFL; it sucks anyway.
Go to the college level, and love the Oklahoma State Cowboys.
Orange Pride.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#28 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:05 AM

Look man, the team you are looking for is the Green Bay Packers. I know you've already selected teams but...

-For starters it's the most storied franchise in the NFL.

-The players have always been die hard. For the most part they do not ship in and out players ever year.

-Brett Favre... He is the corner stone of this football team at this time. Everyone knows that for the most part quarterbacks are sissys that can't take a hit. This guy has started every single game since his first start for 17 years. That is a true iron man.

-The team is a respectable team. People really don't get in to much trouble, they don't brag. When they do bad they don't look for things to blame it on, and when they do good they are always humble.

-The fans, through thick and thin the fans are always there. Some people wait 10-20+ years to even get season tickets. If it's a preseason game... a season game... a open to the public pratice... the stadium is always packed.

-On a final note i have to say this is a team for a die hard fan who loved to watch a good show. It isn't a team for band wagon jumper though. Either your a die hard fan or not one at all. And everyone knows we hate those no good fools from illinois!

PS. to all you bears fans... the packers beat the bears this season, but i guess that don't matter to much seeing they are the only team that did, and the bears won't even make the playoffs. haha
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#29 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:55 AM

pack fans suck. You can't get tickets because every seat is a season ticket. Top it with the fact that in order to get them your family member has to pass them on to you. Stupid system. Side note only 70 season tickets (on average) become available each year. Pack ftl

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#30 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:41 AM

how about them brownies 7-4 so far :ph34r:
Neo Ingame

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users