New Type Of Mosh

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 12:13 AM

Usually in moshes you'll find 2-3 major parties, well what I propose is making an option so that staff members could limit members per party when starting a mosh. Each staff member would be able to set the amount they'd like depending on the mosh, it would just be an extra option to have around..

I think it'd be pretty interesting, comments?
"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

#2 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 12:20 AM

That would be awesome.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#3 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 12:21 AM

Sounds like a good idea. Would make moshes fairer also.

I'm still sticking to my guns though. They need to make moshes completely anonymous (sp?). Blacking out the name and picture. It'd be very hard to organise everyone to meet on a grid to get around it.
Anyway.

Sounds cool, good thinking there :)
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#4 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 12:22 AM

Yeah that's been discussed in the past, but never came to fruition. That also, would be sexy time.

Edited by Deval, 03 March 2004 - 12:26 AM.

#5 draykill

draykill
  • Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 12:48 AM

I like this idea, it would eliminate 85% of the moshers from being on 1 team.
Now everyone would have a equal chance of winning the mosh, not just the ones with the biggest party.
Retired

#6 Shandor

Shandor
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 12:58 AM

I don't mosh much....but it still sounds like a pretty good idea :)

#7 Gotanks0407

Gotanks0407
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:06 AM

i think they should eliminate parties in moshes because a mosh is a battle where it is everyone for themselves to see the one person who can come out on top.

#8 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:55 AM

Good idea

#9 Mastah_Fluff

Mastah_Fluff
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 07:06 AM

it sounds good to me as well
Love long lost, never to love again, forever to be alone.
Creator of All Things Fluffy
Evil Zoloft King of Un-Certain Insanity

#10 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 11:34 AM

They have moshes with no parties from time to time.

Limiting the number of people in the parties won't make the mosh that much fairer, as two parties can just agree to not attack eachother. It just reduces the chance of it happening.
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#11 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 11:48 AM

There is nothing wrong with moshes the way they are now u want no parties in a mosh throw a no teaming mosh and as for blacking the pictures that would be pretty stupid as well i mean why ruin another good thing in game.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#12 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 11:57 AM

There is nothing wrong with moshes the way they are now u want no parties in a mosh throw a no teaming mosh and as for blacking the pictures that would be pretty stupid as well i mean why ruin another good thing in game.

I was refering to blacking out the pictures and names while in the mosh. You possibly missed the subject of the thread :)
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#13 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 05:11 PM

it wouldn't be all moshes, it would just be another option, like drunk moshes.
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

#14 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 05:29 PM

Excellent idea if it can be enforced. We'll probably just get parties going round planning to not attack each other until they have killed all non-clannies parties or what ever but should be easier to monitor than noteaming so maybe you'd see them around more. I like it :)

#15 S3it0*

S3it0*
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 09:59 AM

if that does get put in, that /mosh start command is gonna get pretty big rofl not that it isnt big enough :) but anyway i support it, i dont get to see crap all moshes, but the ones i do, would be good if it wasnt x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x, arrived from the south. bah blah blah attacked you blah blah blah x 20 you were killed.

that prolly didnt make much sense, but ive been in crap all moshes so yea, just my two cents :blink:

#16 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 10:04 AM

O well, if theres a limit on people in a party atleast 25 crits wont be rushing into the same square and hitting the party of 5 at the same time...will limit people doing /invite all also..make people think twice about who joins their party..still thumbs up

Edited by Epic, 04 March 2004 - 10:04 AM.

#17 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:57 PM

Whatever happend with this?

#18 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:21 AM

Only problems will be when parties work together or end up imploding because they have friends in other parties....but this would be cool..and I don't think those problems are anythings that don't already happen in any type of mosh.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#19 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:45 AM

i approve

#20 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:58 AM

declined
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#21 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:22 PM

Deadman your record for bringing worthwhile comments, opinions, and thought to a discussion is simply mind boggling. Posted Image

#22 Flux

Flux
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:30 PM

I have to admit, I take a certain satisfaction in seeing a massive party of 20 step on a grenade and wipe out, therefore having the only noob who couldn't manage to party up win. But grenade moshes aside, this is a solid idea that has my support.
A good post is like a miniskirt: short enough to pertain interest and long enough to cover the subject.

#23 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 02:37 PM

I was thinking the same exact thing as Exor, how about no parties? Period.
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#24 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:05 PM

Sounds good to me.

I'm not too sure about the whole 'no parties' in any mosh idea though. What if it's an alt mosh? Are you supposed to run around with several different characters and hope that while your on one, another one won't be killed?

#25 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:13 PM

I was thinking the same exact thing as Exor, how about no parties? Period.

people will still team up. Not taking a dig, but using TR as an example, because they are extremelly powerful when they work together.

say, there is a limit, a full party of TR, then there might be another full party of TR, both parties could equal up to 20 crits between 2 teams, and they could just wipe everybody out. Just because people arnt in the same party, it doesnt mean that they can't team up.

Edited by Squiggle, 22 April 2004 - 03:14 PM.

#26 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 05:03 PM

The idea is simply to limit the amount of players per party, if 2/3 parties decide to sit on a square and team up, then myself or other staff could have a go at them and get them moving. I think it would make a nice addition to the mosh server.

#27 Tadpole

Tadpole
  • Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 05:05 PM

Great Idea
Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.

KuMiko in game.

#28 Saito

Saito
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 06:30 PM

your right you just join a big team and 40 v 8 teams of people

#29 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:53 PM

I like it .. :)
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#30 Metatron

Metatron
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:36 PM

Sounds good but i do agree that total anonymity would be preferable

Edit: typos

Edited by Metatron, 22 April 2004 - 09:36 PM.

Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other sins are invented nonsense.

~Agmar~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users