Poorly Thought Out Quest.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:03 AM

Yeah, I was thinking that the scorpions could have an army and such. And invade all of the cities. Yeah something like that....Anyway the reward would be like...To uninfest the town of Jahana....Improve upon.

#2 Spekkio

Spekkio
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:06 AM

That's a big no on the scorpions goin into 'all' the cities... but I do like the idea of a quest to rid Jahanna of them.

*hates scorpions*
Ñôökïè Mòñstër: Spekkio, Kleptomaniac, Mushu, Gargoyle, Gaspar, Bahamut and Mesmerize ingame.

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:09 AM

I doubt scorpions would group into a city-invading army. Chances are, Jahanna was probably struck by a sandstorm or something that brought the desert critters in and drove out or killed the inhabitants.

Of course, the real reason for Jahanna's city status being removed was because it was too close to the main part of the desert, a high-experience area. Jahanna will not re-open, I'm pretty sure.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Spekkio

Spekkio
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:12 AM

Of course, the real reason for Jahanna's city status being removed was because it was too close to the main part of the desert, a high-experience area. Jahanna will not re-open, I'm pretty sure.

Silver Sail... :P
Ñôökïè Mòñstër: Spekkio, Kleptomaniac, Mushu, Gargoyle, Gaspar, Bahamut and Mesmerize ingame.

#5 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:23 AM

Alright...My bad...Here's the thought out one. Even though it still involves invasions. The sand scorpions attempt to take over harabec. While doing so they take control of the large forest (the only way to arilin would be the sewers). The citizens of nightmist somehow find out (nothing in nightmist makes sense) and group in harabec to fight the invasion (much like the war between harabec and arilin). In the 3x tunnels on the way to the desert there are granite beast for kill to pass...After the invasion of harabec, there should be scorpion kill to passes (make sense yet?) because they got pissed off and killed the beasts. So to tie that in, after fighting our way from harabec through the forest and regaining control, we would go into the desert and find the barracks there. There, there is a massive wave of scorpions that was soon to invade other towns after harabec. So we go on fighting them, and then when we think we have won, a massive scorpion king (no, not a rip off of the movie lol) emerges from the sand. Once destroyed the scorpions would be limited to only the desert, and be rid of in jahana.

Better?

#6 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:24 AM

Of course, the real reason for Jahanna's city status being removed was because it was too close to the main part of the desert, a high-experience area.  Jahanna will not re-open, I'm pretty sure.

People who can't spell the name properly, however, can't get to Silversail, so it's a-ok having a city in the depths of the desert. Jahanna was the entrance to the desert, though, making it a bit too easy
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#7 TimmyRamone

TimmyRamone
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:26 AM

Yeah, zepp, much better.
I haven't got any illusions about anything. Having said that, I still want to try to change things.
-Joe Strummer

#8 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:38 AM

Whats your fetish with scorpions, seriously? And why would they go to harabec, of all cities... Leave Stotic's masterpiece alone...Man why do i have to be the one postin where Alone on this thread, lol.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#9 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:50 AM

dammit it's a good idea.

#10 Spekkio

Spekkio
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:55 AM

Of course, the real reason for Jahanna's city status being removed was because it was too close to the main part of the desert, a high-experience area.  Jahanna will not re-open, I'm pretty sure.

People who can't spell the name properly, however, can't get to Silversail, so it's a-ok having a city in the depths of the desert. Jahanna was the entrance to the desert, though, making it a bit too easy

For somebody that has a multitude of grammatical errors in thier post, you shouldn't talk about somebody else's spelling. As far as the subject... If you can train in the desert then I'm sure you can find SS fairly easy. There would be nothing wrong with re-opening Jahanna. Just as long as there wasn't a pub to local at.

Or....

There could be a toll at the entrance of the city gate (to pay for the damages the infestation caused).

#11 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:56 AM

Alright...My bad...Here's the thought out one. Even though it still involves invasions. The sand scorpions attempt to take over harabec. While doing so they take control of the large forest (the only way to arilin would be the sewers). The citizens of nightmist somehow find out (nothing in nightmist makes sense) and group in harabec to fight the invasion (much like the war between harabec and arilin). In the 3x tunnels on the way to the desert there are granite beast for kill to pass...After the invasion of harabec, there should be scorpion kill to passes (make sense yet?) because they got pissed off and killed the beasts. So to tie that in, after fighting our way from harabec through the forest and regaining control, we would go into the desert and find the barracks there. There, there is a massive wave of scorpions that was soon to invade other towns after harabec. So we go on fighting them, and then when we think we have won, a massive scorpion king (no, not a rip off of the movie lol) emerges from the sand. Once destroyed the scorpions would be limited to only the desert, and be rid of in jahana.

Better?

I have issues with this for many, many reasons :P

Firstly they are "Sand" Scorpions... there is no sand in Harabec. Why on Earth... or why in Nightmist... would the Sand Scorpions go all that way, to a climate completely unsuited to them, when theoretically they are not intelligent, and don't even know anything is there?

Secondly they go THROUGH the forest TO Arilin when they want to take over Harabec. Harabec is the other way

How did they get to Arilin anyway, if not through the forest :P If they're just going to go BACK through the forest to Harabec (again- WHY would they do that anyway?) why bother with Arilin?

Then "The citizens of nightmist somehow find out" well see.... I think the fact that they cannot get to Arilin because Scorpions are in the forest might be a key factor in that discovery, y'know? Arilin is a nearby city many people dash to. The Royal Forest is a frequently used area. People would notice.

If people COULD venture into the scorp-infested forest (or perhaps logged off inside it)- it's actually pretty harsh on anyone who thinks they're going to go killing bears because Sand Scorpions are substantially stronger.

Now again, if the ONLY WAY TO ARILIN is through the sewers because the Scorpions have taken over the forest HOW do people get to Harabec? The sewers didn't extend as far as Harabec last time I checked...

And then 'somehow' we then go to the desert and find the barracks there.... wtf? The barracks just got up and moved? I don't think so. I dont think underground caverns just decide to move to another part of the globe... and I don't think the Demonic Soldiers (which are sentient see- Demons and Soldiers who have minds) would take too kindly to their barracks being taken over by a load of scorpions even if it did manage to mysteriously and illogically move.

I'm sorry, I really am... but I just cannot see how the "thought out" version of your plan is, well, thought out. It doesn't make sense

(As a sidenote- SilverSail is substantially further into the desert than Jahanna was. And its off on one side, it isn't dead in the centre of the desert and its guilds wheras Jahanna almost was. As it was said before. Jahanna was infested for a reason- because if was making training too easy)

Edited, because I messed up the second and third paragraphs ^^;;

Edited by Charon, 05 September 2004 - 04:17 AM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#12 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 04:00 AM

dammit it's a good idea.

...No, it's not.

It looks like you've spent all of 15 seconds thinking this out. From what I read here, you just want to get the monsters out of Jahanna (while getting your name in big neon lights)

There's no real story-line nor rhyme to your reason. You just said the Scorpians one day decided to invade. Come on.

There has to be some kind of catalyst - something to get the ball rolling. You obviously know this idea would rock all of Nightmistians off their rockers. To just say it happens one day is absolutely pathetic.
Posted Image

#13 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:01 AM

If you had any intentions on this idea becoming a reality then what's with the title?
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#14 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:34 AM

That was when I first thought of it...And Charon you're an idiot..There are going to be new barracks....Second of all you idiot nightmist doesn't make sense in many ways, so don't give me the crap about scorpions and their theoretical reasoning. AND WE FIND OUT BEFORE THE INVASION NUMBSKULL! You said they're stupid. They don't know it's not hot there. And since when are you a weather man? How do you know harabec isn't hot? And if nightmist makes sense, we need a lot of changes...Like how do we wield a pole arm in one hand? Maybe it doesn't make sense...But who cares? Will you enjoy it? and if not you don't enjoy killing other monsters...Oh and by the way...What about people logged in the large forest during the harabec-arilin war? think a little.

And to Squee, yes it just happens. The things are pissed off...They keep getting picked off. Don't you go after PKers when they kill clannies? Most do.

#15 TimmyRamone

TimmyRamone
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:43 AM

OK, I like the whole idea of un-infesting Jahanna, so why don't we just make up a plot as we go along here. I'm not starting it though. Nope, not me.
I haven't got any illusions about anything. Having said that, I still want to try to change things.
-Joe Strummer

#16 SABE

SABE
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 06:43 AM

be more creative
ñøt tø s€rv€ îñ HeÂv€n øñ€ dÂY ruL€ îñ H€LL

#17 TimmyRamone

TimmyRamone
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 06:57 AM

You be creative, I already said I'm not starting it.
-Joe Strummer

#18 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 08:26 AM

Hey Zeppelin, calm down, take a deep breath, and count to ten...

There. If that didn't get rid of your anger then find a pillow and give it a whack.

You have no reason to insult Charon like that. If you have problems, see a counselor. Charon brought up good points, and instead of taking offence to them, why not use them to make your idea better. I don't even understand why you are getting all worked up in the first place. Did your cat bite you? Did you watch a terrible horror movie? Or did you just simply decide today that you would be all angry-like and bite off the first person's head you saw?
Don't just go insulting people, or you will have to deal with your own wrongdoings later.

You want Jahanna back? Then you should put the time into getting it back. You cannot just say you want something, you have to spend effort to obtain it.

Anything obtained without effort is worthless.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#19 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 09:29 AM

We're in suggestions buddy, I'm supposed to be saying what I want. Plus I don't really care about Jahana...I just thought this would be cool. And that's how I normally Am...And I am seeing a counselor...And I don't have a cat... :P

#20 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:49 AM

Haha good joke, love the tittle :P
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#21 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:28 PM

Alright...My bad...Here's the thought out one.

And people said my thread was incorrect about people needing to think BEFORE posting.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#22 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:56 PM

/whistle
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#23 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 02:32 PM

Yeah, I was thinking that the scorpions could have an army and such. And invade all of the cities. Yeah something like that....Anyway the reward would be like...To uninfest the town of Jahana....Improve upon.

This sounds.....rather familiar?

#24 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 02:46 PM

Because it's what always mooseing happens?
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#25 Shiet

Shiet
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:48 PM

I'm not going on an on about reason why it shouldn't happen, I jus think its a crappy idea, not supported

#26 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 04:53 PM

Like it's so different from the orc thing.

#27 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:12 PM

That's part of the point, fool.

You can't waltz in and say; 'look, there's a good idea for a quest, I'll do the same thing for my quest.'
More creativity people, come on. Thiiink. Don't just glare at the screen; 'Monster. Town. Attack.' NO!
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#28 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:42 PM

Heh, nice to know my imput was appreciated :P
I like invoking strong reactions ^^ It's fun
I didn't intend to insult you and your idea... but I'm very glad you took my criticism to heart so much ... I think your little outburst was kinda amusing actually, all defensive of your idea without ever giving a real reason why we should support it.

And thankyou Mantis for being my defense :P

Zeppelin, I'm sorry- not because I tried to hack your idea appart though. I'm quite glad I did, and personally I believe that if you can't take criticism you shouldn't be making suggestions.
But I am sorry (and I'll point out that I said that in my previous post, because I'm a nice person and didn't actually mean any offense), but I still don't see how your idea is meant to work.
No matter what you say it ISN'T thought out. It simply isn't.

You don't want to hear "crap about the scorpions theoretical reasoning"... tough. The scorpions don't know it isn't hot in Harabec? I don't know if its hot in Harabec? Even if Harabec is quite a hot place, it's not going to be even remotely like a desert- there are forests nearby and they tend to need water to grow. You don't find a great deal of water in the desert.
And the Scorpions are desert creatures. Once they left the desert they'd have no sand (making it a bit tough to be "Sand Scorpions") and they'd soon find that forest life was quite unsuited to them.

The barracks that you plan to put in the desert is a different barracks? Fine- how did it get there? Who built it? Did your Scorpions build it? If so how did these 'dumb' scorpions manage to organise and army and build barracks for them?

You can't use the excuse of Nightmist not making sense. The whole idea of you saying "Nightmist doesn't make sense, so my quest doesn't have to" is utterly pathetic.
Making Nighmtist make even less sense isn't exactly going to be the solution is it?

You mention the Arilin-Harabec war... that had a Catalyst; an attack on Harabec's farming and livestock. Harabec, due to unease between itself and Arilin assumed Arilin were the sabateurs and declared war to avenge themselves.
The Arilin and Harabec war made sense.

Comparing your idea to it is insulting.

You can call me an idiot and a numbskull... fair enough, I'm not going to break down in tears just because thats your view of me, sorry to dissapoint you.
You told me to "think a little"
The reason I'm an idiot is because I gave your idea too much thought and actually took the time to make a reasoned arguement against it. Heh, using reason to argue? What was I thinking? What a ludicrous idea.

But I'm an idiot, so there's probably no point in me arguing with you. It's not like you'll pay any attention anyway.

You did get one thing right though- "Like it's so different from the orc thing. "... but not for the reason you think.
The reason it's nothing like Zelimos' Orc Army quest is because he actually thought about it. He had a story, he planned what he was going to say, and when he introduced the idea on his thread it made sense.
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#29 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 06:14 PM

lol, I don't care anymore...Hack away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users