• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:09 PM

Part I - Leveling from 39-40 (A Unique Trial of the Inner Fire):

Basically, this will be an extended trial in which the heart of the leveling will be only accessible to the level 39 player attempting it. It will be a unique identified area created specifically for him or her. Once this personal quest is completed, the individual will be announced an idol to the Gods, or granted level 40.

This is a refined idea that I motioned a few months ago when people were tossing ideas around about how the 35+ levels would be attained. The core of my idea is to have an area made that functions in a puzzle/problem solving sense. I thought this made sense seeing level 30+ was reached by team work and getting a lot of people together to whack away at a mob for tokens. With that said, I think it would be logical for the aspiring higher levels (35+, or in this case, leveling from 39 to 40) to prove their wits in an area that will challenge their aptitude. After all, a character at level 40 should exhibit much wisdom and experience!

Once a player reaches level 39 and are approximately 85% to level 40, the area development of a specific area crafted just for this person will begin. The area will be directly cohesive to this player’s personality, their characters’ race and class, and can only be accessed and completed by this specific player. At first, this may seem a bit too much having a new area –just- for one person but seeing that this entire area is designed for 1 on 1 mob situations and is puzzle-oriented, the overall size for the area wouldn’t be too extensive.

My original level 35+ idea received such criticisms: The first person who completes the area and puzzles can easily just pass the answers down to the next person(s) and the entire point would be ruined. This current idea that I formed takes care of this and is more narrowly focused; hence it’s a one time deal, level 39-40, and is an exclusively unique area to the player.

There may be a ‘pre-area’ that must be traveled to reach the start of this person’s trials. I was thinking this area would take a larger party to make their way through, then once they reach the end then the level 39 player so choosing to start their expedition would be dropped off. At this point the player would begin their rite of passage.

Part II – A World After Tomorrow

The weekly or bi-weekly events that I described in Part III of my first post, will eventually unfold and lead to a specific area that will be opened. This area will be a volcanic area with a volcanic emission surrounding a mausoleum. This will initiate a 3 part quest that leads to the final “domain” of the area. Each week, or each part of three, will open up a little more to the area, allowing players to get closer to the end. After the final undertakings are conquered, a mysterious twist will take place. This change will leave its foot print on Night Mist forever. But also, will open up a new land away from the Night Mist we all know . . .

Unfortunately, I can only vaguely describe this concept without giving valuable exciting information away. Basically, I pondered the “what if”, “how so” and “where could this work?” questions in relevance to all these ideas and actions. I came to the conclusion that in order to maintain a “clean” map design of the game with all the new area developing I envision, there must be a ‘new world’, so to speak. The end of this final event would open up a new continent, per say, that would be an entirely new world away from the current connected areas and land. For example, imagine if the ocean area west of Silver Sail was ever completed, and if you could actually travel West to new exciting lands? (Ironically, that’s symbolic to what happened in real life with the “Go West, go West” movement). This would open up an entirely new slate of creativity that would hit Night Mist like a slug to the chest.

Conclusion/Highlights:

As you can see, Volume II was more focused on “end-game” content and poked around at the ideas of “What’s next?” I believe a big and important aspect to game development is thinking ahead and always making preparations beyond what’s being worked on in the current state. Or in other words, anticipation. Some highlighted points:

- New proposal for a leveling method exclusively for levels 39-40.
- A sneak-peak further down the road with the whole ‘real-time quest and story aspect’ introduced in Volume I.
- These ideas also cover the same conclusion points I made previously in accordance to no further coding being required and such.

Once again, please feel free to comment and support!

Coming Soon . . .

The next Volume of my ideas will cover a new event I briefly mentioned before called, “Geographer’s Challenge”, and I will also discuss another event idea that would not only be another event, but would also bridge the gaps between the major power house clans and the small clans. :ph34r:
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#2 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:26 AM

For example, imagine if the ocean area west of Silver Sail was ever completed, and if you could actually travel West to new exciting lands?

totally supported, but you stole my idea (even though i haven't written it down anywhere yet)

Good to see some creativity :ph34r:
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#3 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:08 AM

Raylen and I have been sharing and tossing some good ideas around via PM.

Great minds think alike. :ph34r:
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#4 Xïöx

Xïöx
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:10 PM

^

#5 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:57 PM

Supported. It'd be nice to see this in-game.

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#6 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:00 PM

I still like all three of these ideas. Although Vol 3 is the weakest, imo.

Supported, creativity is good.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users