A Couple Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:48 PM

Ok so yesterday I was brain storming and came up with a few suggestions that could help certain aspects of the game.

MANA PONDS

Make them "use able". Meaning that if a class with mana 'uses' a mana pond its mana is fully refreshed.

Right now mana ponds are next to useless. The mana waters crafted from these are next to nothing and I think this would bring a little more to the few mana dependent classes on 1a and might lead to some more strategic design to new areas and maybe implement a couple more mana ponds to old areas. This would allow the mana classes to strategically be able to explore certain areas.

COLISEUM

Make alternate entrances to the 100k bosses on 1a. (As in, make the original entrance fee so that the items crafted from the "level up bosses" don't cost 100k*Token)

Raise the experience of all token bosses dramatically. (125ish+ pod)

I believe by doing this that you will increase the current colisieum's activity. This would allow for the old craftable items from Demilich/Gristle to not be worth 100k+. The reason I think that coliseum bosses pods should be high is because it would be like your paying for top exp. So if 10+ people on 1a decide that they want some good fast exp they can pay a fee (not including pots and mana) for a boss that dishes out good exp. I think that this will bring more activity to the coliseum.

I had a couple more ideas yesterday but cant think of them right now lol. Anyways feedback appreciated.
Freek ingame.

#2 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:00 PM

I've only run across one mana pond that I can think of off hand. I'd support them being usable to restore mana.

As for the coliseum though, I wouldn't support an increase in xp on any coliseum bosses. If you want xp go out and work for it, it's not something to be bought on a whim.
Jaded ingame.

#3 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:21 PM

I've only run across one mana pond that I can think of off hand. I'd support them being usable to restore mana.

As for the coliseum though, I wouldn't support an increase in xp on any coliseum bosses. If you want xp go out and work for it, it's not something to be bought on a whim.

The coliseum is more of a 1a suggestion. Since only the level bosses have even been tried (to my knowledge), it would lead to more co-op and etc.
Freek ingame.

#4 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

I've supported a boost on Coliseum boss XP (not as high as 125 XP though... maybe nearer 80 XP, except the Bristlemane Wolf and Black Hand Necromancer, which probably should be 50 XP) because, for many bosses, there isn't much of an incentive to fight them unless you are forced to for some reason (Cobalt Bow or levelling up, etc), and you are losing a lot of gold for just 20 XP, and that's not including mana costs, but staff have said 'no' to this suggestion for quite a while, so I think it will have to be left.

As for the mana ponds, as a place to restore mana would be good, as Empty Flasks are next to impossible to acquire, especially when you could just carry an Advanced Mana Crystal instead. However, the only effective way that it can be currently done is to make them healing saunas, which isn't really desirable as at least one of the mana ponds have tough monsters protecting them.

Edited by Crane, 18 September 2010 - 10:15 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#5 Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:04 AM

I support an exp boost, even up to (or around) 125 pod on 1a. That would give at least a little incentive to doing relatively pointless bosses (no cobalt bows on 1a mind you).

But I do not support the mana ponds giving full mana back whenever you click on 'em. As far as I know, there's only one pond that is actually protected by anything and with something like that many classes could stay out forever. Paladins, clerics, and druids could heal themselves indefinitely. Mages and druids could run somewhere invised, come back and click the pond, and run away again. Sounds somewhat unbalancing to me.

But I do agree that mana ponds are useless as of right now. So since this would require some coding by JLH either way, I'd suggest the mana ponds only being usable once in a while (you drink all of it and it has to be magically restored or whatever other RP you want to throw at it). Maybe this would be once an hour just to give a boost to training as opposed to making training infinite.
1-alt: Inglastex Main: don't play

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:47 AM

I do not think mana ponds restoring mana is a reasonable request. The few that I know of are out in the middle of nowhere. It would basically invite players with a druid to have unlimited ability to stay in the middle of no where using no mana and training on full spells. That is not reasonable.

I am not against giving the Coli bosses some xpd. However, certainly not above 80xpd.
However, I highly doubt Trevayne would approve of the change on Multi. His approval would be very important to making such a change, and he set it as it is for a reason.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:25 AM

As a compromise on the Mana Ponds, might it be possible to allow Empty Flasks be available around the mountainous paths? Either /examine's from less fortunate adventurers or Orcs who may have some on them, either from looting a corpse or from taking some kind of draft themselves.

Increased Coliseum XP on 1-alt might be an option because of the gold cost and the fact that gold isn't as easy to acquire on there. Multi-alt should be okay too, but it is up to Trevayne on that one.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#8 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:00 PM

I'm not quite aware of what the Mana Ponds do now. However, if they don't already do this, I think they could be put in strategic places and simply have a mana regen associated (similar to the Churches). A message for them could be something like:

You harness the effects of the Mana Pond and regain # mana points!

Player harnesses the effects of the Mana Pond and regains # mana points!

The 2nd could be taken out to eliminate spam, as areas that need these would be large and perhaps need quite a few players with mana points.

Also, to eliminate a "click-and-refresh" or a "just-sit-and-wait" approach, I would propose this. So the player walks into the room. When you "use" the Mana Pond, you regain 15-30 mana points (could be changed). However, it's not quite that simple, as the benefits shouldn't apply when you afk. Each "use" of the pond should cost 1-2 stamina.

^ Hopefully the wording is adequate on this explanation, was just a brainstorm ^

--------------------

As far as the Coliseum experience, I would support a boost in the experience gained. I would think right around 80-90PoD would be sufficient. Perhaps 70 in a couple spots and implementing some different, new, but not overpowered, drops.

Would it be possible to connect the bosses that aren't token bosses via some alternate route (up/down from the normal path). Of course only on 1a, but this is just a suggestion of sorts.

Edited by Tyler, 07 November 2010 - 07:03 PM.

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users