More On Clan Monsters.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 Stealthy One

Stealthy One
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 03:20 AM

I was thinking, rather than have a set list of clan monsters, you could make your own.

Like this /clan monster *Name*/*Description (lookover)*/*Phrases (What it can say, seperated by a comma)*/*Picture No. (Such as the pic for the tiger, which the number for is 1207)*/*Can it be attacked (Scroll Down for more info)*/*HP*/*Spawn time*

**Can it be attacked
I thought it would be cool if you could attack your own clan monsters. They shouldn't give xp. Just an idea :P.
And the spawn time and HP - obvious as to what it means.

Btw - the cost should still remain at 50k.

***EDIT***

Colors should be able to be used for the phrases and discriptions. You should be able to Change the Phrases and Discriptions and HP, Spawn Time at any time at no extra cost - So maybe a seperate command for that such as /clan monster edit /*Description*/*Phrases*/*HP*/*Spawn time*.

Edited by Stealthy One, 10 November 2004 - 05:06 AM.

#2 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 03:52 AM

I dont see a problem with it, it makes clan houses more customizable, which i think is great.
Aequitas In-Game

#3 Stealthy One

Stealthy One
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 04:57 AM

Well, I asked JLH if he could make a Tiger for the list. He seemed like he didn't want to know (You were probably very busy - so I don't mind :P). Then I thought, well thats pointless because then myslef and other people will want Dragons and this and that ... So, why not make it so you can do it yourself!

#4 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:23 AM

I support, I was looking for a command which could let you make what your NPC said, but alas, no avail.

#5 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:35 AM

yeah sounds like a good idea :P
Even in death my hate will go on

#6 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:34 AM

People would make monsters which look the same as ones that already exist. It's their clan house though I guess... As long as they are always gonna be unkillable/drop nothing then I think this could be a good idea.

#7 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:30 PM

Problem is, if everyone wanted a custom monster, the database of monsters would be overloaded on the server! Not to mention, monsters like the Tiger already exist (in this particular case, in the jungles of Chronos)
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#8 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 05:37 PM

Will these monsters have to have the no pic thing or could you pay talented artists *cough*culeandzelimos*cough* to draw good pics for your monsters then JLH could put them in maybe :P
Stadic Ingame...

#9 Stealthy One

Stealthy One
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:18 PM

Well, the killable thingy was just an idea :P I wouldn't want to kill my monster anyway *cough*cruelty to npc's*cough*. I have seen the tiger, but I would want to make it have like a 'pet' name. Perhaps for a custom pic on your monster you pay extra?!

And with the overloading thing, perhaps there is someway to work it out. I shall have a think. Any ideas?

#10 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:36 PM

"No Pic" would do, I think.

I remember this being posted long before and staff (I want to say JLH but I could very well be wrong) said that this would just get of hand.

However, I do support the idea.
Posted Image

#11 Stealthy One

Stealthy One
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:48 AM

I think no-pic wouldn't be as great. Perhaps just limit it to the pics already on server?

#12 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:38 PM

I thought it was shot down because of the chance of obsceneties being used for monster names or actions/messages.

At least I think that was the reason.

I like the overall idea however.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#13 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:29 PM

Well, if it cane be done and used, great. As some players like to be creative and have a certain theme to their clan house. This would just give more of a realistic view of it.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#14 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 11:13 AM

It's a good idea.. And I think Green Mantis is correct about his assumption...
Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.

#15 Stealthy One

Stealthy One
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 09:42 PM

Well, I think obscenities won't really be a problem because its up to the clan owners what they put in, and if they want it to do that I think its up to them. And if the clan members have a problem with it they should move to another clan. But thats just my view.

#16 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 02:48 PM

That won't work. If there's something in the clan house, they won't just leave the clan.

If they suddenly build a strip-club in my neighbourhood, I'm not going to move to the next town over. It'll bug me but I'll make myself live with it.

If the Chairperson creates an NPC named "Giant Turnip", it'll stay there until the end of time. The chances a clanee will report it is slim to none even though this is obviously a bannable offence.

Now, if the Nightmist community could be trusted to keep this sane, then yes, it'd be a good idea. However, some of the members of the Nightmist community are less than...civil.
Posted Image

#17 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 05:00 PM

How is Giant Turnip a bannable offence? Or is that just the filter?
Stadic Ingame...

#18 Chewbob

Chewbob
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 06:20 PM

You know damn well what that's supposed to mean.

#19 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 06:26 PM

You know damn well what that's supposed to mean.

Hehehe
Stadic Ingame...

#20 Stealthy One

Stealthy One
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 06:40 PM

Perhaps a filter for it could be done.

#21 Stealthy One

Stealthy One
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:06 AM

So - if we had some sort of system that kept this "family rated" could this be added? Is it possible?

If an inappropriate npc was created perhaps it is a bannable offence or we could penalise the clan by taking off some points of their clan score? (If you did that you would have to edit the formula which decided that score by adding -Penalties, which could also be used, if not already, for banned players)

#22 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 08:23 AM

I thought it was shot down because of the chance of obsceneties being used for monster names or actions/messages.

I wanted to make a kitten say "I WILL EAT YOUR HEART".

#23 Stealthy One

Stealthy One
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:22 PM

I wanted to make a kitten say "I WILL EAT YOUR HEART".

Nothing wrong with that in my view! Aslong as it doesn't really "eat my heart"!

#24 Chewbob

Chewbob
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:54 PM

How about if a monster was created obscenities in the name, description or whatever it says, the clan room it was on gets removed if they were caught? That might scare people away from doing it.

#25 Stealthy One

Stealthy One
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:24 PM

Good thinking! That sounds a fair punishment. And no refund!

#26 Kalados

Kalados
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 05:04 AM

I dont see how letting staff handle punishment, etc bans and the like, is relevant to the suggestion. If some half wit founder creates a monster named giant pile of
[take your pick], create a command to remove it, and let the Chairman deal with the offender.

The staff don't need to be bothered with trivial matters like this. That being said, I love the idea, and would love to see both the removal command added, and the suggestion added. Great idea! :unsure:

Edited by Kalados, 03 March 2005 - 05:05 AM.

#27 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 12:00 AM

I've been told that Friend/Enemy/Clan chat are OK to use obscenities because the other person has the choice to take you off their list, or in the clans case, leave. Have a clan monster with an obsce name is just like saying an obsce thing in clan chat, IMO anyway. I support the idea, and would rather not see obscenities used in their names because I think it's stupid, but it's their clan. I also agree with Kalados in creating a command to delete the monster; not getting a refund, either.

Just my opinion
Aequitas In-Game

#28 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:59 PM

Didn't they give this a no already?
How the hell would I know?

#29 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:39 AM

Yes, this isn't going to be added. JLH has turned it down before.

For the record...
The way I ban people, (which may be different to other staff's methods), is to warn them if they swear in friend/enemy/clan etc but if they continue, I will ban.

General chat or extreme language/extreme personal attacks in any chat can receive an instant ban from me.

Basically if someone has a problem with your language in any chat and report it you can be banned by me. Just friend/enemy/clan etc you have warning to remove the people with the problem. (Though yeah you'd think they'd remove you).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users