How To Play Pacifist?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sci123

Sci123
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 01:48 PM

Ok, i've been playing a paladin and a mage, both good.

Then i come to Pacifist, as i heard its good for players that don't want to pk.

So i create the perfect character, maxed in 4 stats.

So i login, come into the arena, and i can't attack any monster?! :unsure:
I don't get this? They can attack me, yet i can't attack them. Whats the deal with that?

How am i meant to get money or exp, if i can't kill anything? So far i've been getting xp via 'healing' other characters.

So could anyone explain how i am meant to play this character? And also how am i meant to defend myself? I mean, monsters can attack me, yet i can't do anything? I hope thats not the same for players.

#2 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:29 PM

When you first get a paci - sit and heal other player or heal undead (skellys south of nightmist)
Then you get bigger and better spells, but spells only work vrs the undead.
Pacis are good for making money and exploring, but they are quite hard at time if you have no money, to get from lvl 1 to 18

Hope that
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 05:22 PM

Pacifists have no way to attack non-Undead monsters, although they can obtain a spell called Shield Self later on that gives partial protection from them.

Starting off is not easy with a Pacifist... the Skeletons tend to hit too hard, and there are not always players to heal in the arenas, but stick at it. The Barrier Forest (Dying Woodland) is good for low level Pacifists with Skeletal Giant Rats and such, although gold is not too good.

Once the Pacifist obtains the Salve spell, life becomes so much easier! But one option is to put 1,000 gold from another it on the Pacifist so they can buy it at the start, but that spoils a challenge.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Kalados

Kalados
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:46 PM

Just don't even worry about Skeletons south of nightmist hitting you too hard. Deaths really don't matter early on, and you get alot of xp per hit on them. Train them until you feel comfortable moving on to the barracks or tunnels.

#5 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 04:29 PM

Why can't people attack pacifists but Bandits and Rouges (both human..or..whatever) can?

#6 Fintle

Fintle
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:08 AM

I say go to the desegrated church

#7 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 06:08 PM

Why can't people attack pacifists but Bandits and Rouges (both human..or..whatever) can?

The diety will not protect you in a fight against monsters(evil), while generally all humans are suppose to be "good", so when humans do evil it will protect you. I dunno I'm just rambling.
How the hell would I know?

#8 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:31 AM

I didn't get that either, people should be aloud to attack Paci's but they shouldn't be aloud to attack back, like in the case with monsters. Or make monsters not be able to attack them.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#9 Sourcream

Sourcream
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:56 PM

Heres a solution Get subdue........ IT really helps with them bandits ^_^ and practically any monster, that and greater pact:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users