Photo

1-Alt Limit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Mark your answer (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Mark your answer

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:58 PM

Ok here is the Poll the link for the first part of the talk is here

1 alt limit

We can continue it here now that a poll is set up.
Grave digger when you dig my grave, make it shallow so I can feel the rain.

#2 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:30 PM

Useless_Dishwasher, Bill, Saito, Osmium, Lapse, Woodstock, Sprx, Navarone just went North

this was right after he pked 3 crits. People use the fact you can use multiple alts to out number you by themselves this is why i think it should be limited. Make it even we have the same number of crits on so we have to fight evenly.

#3 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:56 PM

Here is the link to the 1-alt Ultimatum discussion.
Posted Image

#4 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:08 PM

had it already on the thread started the poll because argueing about it with out a true count was doing nothing so i started the poll here ...chuckles.

#5 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:18 PM

I gave the link to the 1-alt Ultimatum, started by Hanavor; it's different than yours.
Posted Image

#6 Wisdom

Wisdom
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 07:45 AM

I wish you people will stfu about 1 alt limits, big resets. This is never happen. People bring up these stupid topic every 2 months and staff will never allow it to goto 1 alt limit.

If it does goto one alt limit, the whole game will be screwed. Everything that the stuff worked so hard to do for us, would have been done for nothing. For example, The new trading system that was put in, how would people trade items, crits and so forth.

If, maybe they put it to 2 or 3 alt limit, that would be cool, but it wont happen. So stop making these topics. There are a lot of topics like these, just go and look for them and if you are locked then they are locked for a season and you shouldn't be opening up a new one.

Also this topic should be locked.
Online characters: Wisdom

#7 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 01:22 PM

First off your name is no where near right moron.

Next this is a poll it was started for a reason. The others arent locked.

Staff Just might allow the one alt as for as the trading system jaskass you are allowed to keep all the crits you have, You just cant play them at the same time.

Trying reading before you speak. Next Staff has been quoted in saying that they actually like this idea. Some of them have even gone as far as stating how it would work. Your reasons for why not going to a one alt limit are as lame as all those who say but then i couldnt pk as easy.

To answer someone else Why should we be forced to play in a world that you need to rp to survive. you aren`t but we are being forced to try and survive in a world where its set up for Pkers to win. RP can not live in this world because if you step out of town in a rp a pker with 50 alts shows up and your rp is over. If you want to pk fine do so but do it with no Alts Try walking your tail out of town and attacking a party with the same number of crits as people sitting on your keyboard. Lets see how many would that be mmmmm let me think one!!!

For those of you who dont want to play with others. Then buy a game you can alone on your pc and get msn to chat. That way the ones who want to the play the game the way it should be Multi user dungeon where you can play this game with friends or alone with the crit you have dont need to suffer because you feel the need to think people are stupid but ohhhh i want to talk to all of them so i can convince them that im the best thing in the game even though i dont leave the South gate house.

#8 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 12:00 AM

Maybe he could make a 1-alt game, but keep this one up, other people would play 1-alt game from time-to-time.

#9 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 06:47 PM

Although a sister-server is a great idea...it isn't the most feasable. Imagine the cost of keeping up two Nightmist servers.
Posted Image

#10 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 06:59 PM

Surely it would be the same? You can run 2 servers off one pc/connection lol.
I guess it would be laggier in theory but I dunno.

But yeah having 2 games is the only way there can ever be a 1 alt nightmist realistically as I see it.

#11 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 11:54 PM

Err...umm... >_>

Learn something new every day? ^^;;;
Posted Image

#12 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:50 PM

These polls on here are so biased, volluntary response, only people who care will vote..... Leave it the way it is!
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#13 Velveta

Velveta
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 06:57 PM

less alts alloweed ingame would decrease Lagg and would bhave better performance on the game but.. having only one alt would make people made cause they spent such and such money on crits and they want to use them...
1 alt is tooo rash.. maybe limit the alts to 3 - 4 would be ok
The Ability To Speak Doesnt Make You Intelligent

Ðëåth §§ú®àñÇë

#14 Angelic

Angelic
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:46 PM

There's nothing wrong with people using alts for training, pking, and so forth. If you die, and don't have enough alts to kill the person who killed you, just stay away from the area? There's no need to make everyone who uses alts to suffer because you think it's the "right" way to do things.
Ç®åz¥ Åñgë£ äká º»½ GøôÐ G ½ ßåÐ G«º

Crith/Angelic in-game.

#15 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:09 PM

Let's look at this one stupid point at a time, shall we?

There's nothing wrong with people using alts for training, pking, and so forth. If you die, and

No, there is nothing wrong with people using them to train. But using them to PK, you are one person. Kill one person on one person, and see if you can still do it.

don't have enough alts to kill the person who killed you, just stay away from the area?

What is Nightmist? A running add for microsoft? WOW! You have both the latest OS and the fastest connection, so you get to train and pk wherever you want. But all those poor people who can't afford to coat Microsofts pocket on a weekly basis get to stay newbs, because they can't go to any good area.

There's no need to make everyone who uses alts to suffer because you think it's the "right" way to do things.

So we are supposed to deal with the fact that you think it is the right way to do things? Do I smell a double standard?

#16 Angelic

Angelic
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:19 PM

First of all, I don't have a fast connection, and I do fine (Aol/Dial-up and whatever). And Secondly, just because you died, or aren't strong enough to kill someone with more than one alt, doesn't mean you should come whining on the forums. Nightmist is fine the way it is (Alt-wise, anyways) and it shouldn't be changed. If it was made one-alt, it'd just be like every other Online Game out there. (Rev, D2, and so forth)

And you say there's nothing wrong with people using alts to train? Why force the whole game to go one-alt if it's only the pking you don't like? If you don't like dying, stay in town, or away from populated areas, it's as simple at that.

Crith/Angelic in-game.

#17 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:36 PM

First off any time you want to see if im strong enough to kill you and a party with one alt bring it.

Next As it has been said about a thousand and one times it is a free forum we can talk about what we want when we want as long as our language stays clean, and if you dont like it heres a hint log off.

But i know why you are here trying to fight it you are one of those ones that cant run around with out ten alts. Because if you werent then you wouldnt care if it was a one alt limit. So there for any thing you say in my book doesnt matter.

You cast your vote have a nice day.

#18 Angelic

Angelic
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:01 AM

Lmao, k, keep running your mouth. You don't know me ingame, most likely, so I'll let that slide. And, wtf did you get this "10 alts" crap? I barely ever log on more than 3-4 (and that's when I'm training). I'd be more than happy to shut you up ingame...any time you want. I'm not doing anything at the moment, so it doesn't matter to me.

And, as you said, it's a free forum and I can talk where I want. I don't appreciate people with the intelligence of 3 year-olds trying to talk about other people, or put them down. And yes, Lich, if you haven't already guessed, I mean you. So when you decide to step up, page me on Jasper, or whatever crit I may be on.

Have a nice day. :)

Crith/Angelic in-game.

#19 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:20 AM

Lich, there's no need for you to spazz on her like that. She was simply stating an opinion just like everyone else. She's right... she doesn't carry 10 alts... nor have I ever seen her on that many at a time since I've known her. Quit talking crap that you obviously know nothing about.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#20 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 12:05 PM

Vote results speak for themselves, lets drop this once and for all and enjoy the game as it is!
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#21 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:14 AM

i vote for 1 alt ... but it would still be nice to have more than one crit ...

so i would have voted for maybe 3 alt max not limited alts .... its just stupid.

#22 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 04:53 PM

Ok maybe people arent reading the other post. When we say one alt max we mean that you can play only two crits at one time.

#23 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 07:58 AM

yeh ofcourse how can i be that dumb :/

#24 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:15 PM

Can't we just accept that something is being worked on along these lines and leave it for now?

And my opinion was not to vote because I still think the best thing is to have both on 2 different games :)

#25 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:50 PM

Wes i agree with you I started this when we were discussing it before...chuckles.. I have been trying to get it locked for long enough.

#26 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:20 AM

Locked then. Who knows what is on the way :)
And don't forget patience is a virtue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users