The Worm Must Go!

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 Adultery

Adultery
  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:39 PM

its come to my attention and im sure everyone elses on 1alt, that the new worm monster (also bile zombie) is simply to OP and not doing this game any good... i realize that they just recently put them ingame... within the past 2 days or so... however they are causing chaos... currently this game is haveing a massive issue with the player base as is... why would you put in a monster basicaly on every square people need to be to get anywhere?

is it to encourage teamwork? or is the staff truely trying to kill off this game? ... as far as I can see this is only going to promote gate sitting... and possible loss of a already small player base...

i dont wish to complain... however if the staff are going to put things like this in game there should be some type of vote on it. not every single player hates the way the game has been running for the past number of years... i firmly believe that there are a dozen other things the staff should be putting there efforts into.

I do apologize if this offends anyone. its not my intention. however its simple truth.

Adultery - Diabolic-Clorox

#2 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:44 PM

Just my two cents.. they hurt! but they can be killed. Perhaps the 4 way between nightmist is not one of the best places since low levels will have to go through sewers to get to arilin, however, the other places seem to be off the beaten path. It does encourage teamwork and a bit of premeditated thinking. I think that the challenge is a bit refreshing although i have lost way over 20mil xp.. Probably close to 30 or more actually lol. Anyway, think it would be a great opening for some new storylines and places. Yes, it is difficult, but lets take the challenge and work together?!

I understand frustration about the loss of xp people are encountering. Not saying everything about these monsters is good, but the xp is great and the possible benefits are nice too.

Hit me up in game if you wanna go zombie or worm hunting :P Am on Airhead.

xox to all and safe travels!
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#3 Adultery

Adultery
  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:47 PM

Just my two cents.. they hurt! but they can be killed. Perhaps the 4 way between nightmist is not one of the best places since low levels will have to go through sewers to get to arilin, however, the other places seem to be off the beaten path. It does encourage teamwork and a bit of premeditated thinking. I think that the challenge is a bit refreshing although i have lost way over 20mil xp.. Probably close to 30 or more actually lol. Anyway, think it would be a great opening for some new storylines and places. Yes, it is difficult, but lets take the challenge and work together?!

I understand frustration about the loss of xp people are encountering. Not saying everything about these monsters is good, but the xp is great and the possible benefits are nice too.

okay so basicaly i support what your saying however placeing these things in low lvl areas is simply not cool!!!! scaring off lowbies or any new players that MIGHT come around is not what nightmist should be doing right now.

#4 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:50 PM

okay so basicaly i support what your saying however placeing these things in low lvl areas is simply not cool!!!! scaring off lowbies or any new players that MIGHT come around is not what nightmist should be doing right now.

as I said, that spot on 4 way is definately not the best place. I agree that it may discourage new players and that another spot would be much more feasible. you have some great points hun, was just stating "the rest of the story" heh. :) be safe

#5 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

I can say this much... there's only one Bile Worm and it will be worth your while to kill.

I'll take a look at the surface points that are a bit close to town and cannot be easily avoided.

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:22 PM

....so you get a quest of something pretty intense...and chose to complain about it?
I hope this is a minority opinion from the server, just a person or two who can't handle it or don't get it.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:16 AM

If it was a quest off in a random area it wouldn't be an issue, but it's parked at major intersections picking off people who don't care to take part in whatever it is.
Autek in game.

#8 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:30 AM

The main problem is that players aren't willing to put their differences aside in order to take them down. Outright avoiding them I can understand, but deliberately not helping or PKing other players fighting the Bile Zombies, even though it will mean your own death... guess humans naturally hate each other even in the face of an even greater threat.

#9 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:51 AM

I've avoided them to this point just fine, so it doesn't look like it will mean my own death if I choose not to help those who jump me at every given opportunity for no reason. Call me crazy. . . . :P
Autek in game.

#10 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:59 AM

I was more meaning covert Thieves just sitting there watching others attempt to fight it, sometimes even kill-steal it when they know it's near-death but the other players present have died.

#11 Adultery

Adultery
  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:58 AM

its odd that you claim it to be a quest yet have told no one about it... awesome quest...

look... im sure tons of people dont care if they are ingame... but simply take the worms and zombies out of low level area's. im sorry but no lvl 12 is going to be pwning the worm anytime soon.

use logic. be aware. <------- the very same things I tell my employee's. it may apply to players... however this time I think its best to direct it to the staff that are supporting this "quest" lol

#12 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:08 AM

Ok this was interesting at first but now 2 of these zombies on 1 square? After a loss of a combined almost 100mil xp on 1 of these its getting very old and very frustrating. Leaves me to ask myself what the hell is worth 100mil xp? After a loss of 50mil xp on a druid I cant help but be frustrated. A loss of 50 million xp on a druid can be devastating. This is all fine and dandy but geeze at least put the damn things at a spot that doesnt trap you there. FFS!
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#13 Vega

Vega
  • Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:20 AM

Its fun when you finally kill a Bile Zombie then a Bile Worm pops up and spawns another one and kills you. :P

Vega/Minion/Banishment ingame 1a.

#14 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:29 AM

Yea Piddy....lets all work together and kill these things! Way to go bud....way to go.
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#15 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:16 AM

Yes, the worm must go, but what do most people generally do if a greater threat looms over them and threatens their very way of life?

#16 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:08 AM

In today's society, run rampant, stab the nearest person and steal their wallet.
Jaded ingame.

#17 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:37 AM

If you all have a common hatred for it, why don't you team up and get rid of it?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#18 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:56 PM

**A sadness seems to weigh within the depths of her eyes and she whispers to herself*

"What has happened to this land that once was one of strength and honor"
She shakes her head as if to deny the very possibility that it has become anything less than what it had always been. She knew many that traveled through the years within the streets and meadows, the trails and even the far recesses of the desert. From the shadowy danger that loomed within Malok's guild to the damp catacombs where the plague demon resided warriors had traveled some to live to fight another day, some giving their last breath to conquer a foe. Even the dragon that was trapped within the depths of the dungeon had proved no match for the most skilled warriors and now it seemed the land was plagued by something far stronger then any had seen before. It was not right, perhaps not even fair! but the reality of it was this, it was there.. and she wanted to be able to roam freely again.

She stood at the north gatehouse and with a determined look in her eyes she turned and ran to the town crier speaking quickly, emphatically.

"Pass the message on, it is of the utmost importance!"She turned and to the gatehouse once more stood, and screamed to any who may hear.

"It is time that we take our land back. Too many have lost too much! Let us band together for the good of the land. If war must continue among us, let us put it aside until after the threat is gone. These monsters are taking more and more of our freedom each moment we allow them to live! Let us meet, at midnight this day.. consolidate our information and do battle together!"

Her gaze seemed to strengthen as she spoke, a new goal in sight perhaps. One that would allow them all to walk freely along the paths. She issues a challenge, wondering who will have the courage to respond,

"Who will join me?"
((ooc: I wont get home until late tonight, but am ready to fight! til 0 xp if necessary lol - sorry there isn't much detail in this, i am in a major hurry this morning lol. )
<3 Shella

#19 Adultery

Adultery
  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

hmmm... so basically all of nightmist hates this "quest" and the only ones who are staying positive about it are trying to convince themselves that this is awesome... (people who obviously read or watched "the secret" a few to many times)

if something was making everyone unhappy... id probably remove it... call me crazy...

#20 Vega

Vega
  • Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

You assassinated a Bile Worm.

And then i woke up :P

Vega/Minion/Banishment ingame 1a.

#21 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:39 PM

You assassinated a Bile Worm.

And then i woke up :)

:P
Autek in game.

#22 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:01 AM

hmmm... so basically all of nightmist hates this "quest" and the only ones who are staying positive about it are trying to convince themselves that this is awesome... (people who obviously read or watched "the secret" a few to many times)

if something was making everyone unhappy... id probably remove it... call me crazy...

Um so it's making you unhappy (rofllamewhatacrybabyitsjustagame), and you'd probably remove it..

Soooo then kill it, you moose up, if something isn't to your liking then you cry and ask people to make it go away? How about you grow some balls and fight for what you obviously loved.

But maybe it's more fun to go click nuts you've clicked for years. If thats the case, go do that, till some passerby notices you and declares you brain dead.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#23 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:29 AM

Um so it's making you unhappy (rofllamewhatacrybabyitsjustagame), and you'd probably remove it..

Soooo then kill it, you moose up, if something isn't to your liking then you cry and ask people to make it go away? How about you grow some balls and fight for what you obviously loved.

But maybe it's more fun to go click nuts you've clicked for years. If thats the case, go do that, till some passerby notices you and declares you brain dead.

So let me get this straight. . . This was put into the game to force people to suicide at it until it's defeated and lose insane amounts of experience or work with enemies, just to continue playing the game as we know it? That's what it's beginning to sound like. If that is in fact the case, I'd hope Stig is willing to own up for further dwindling what player base is left.

And yes exactly - Most people do have fun playing the game the way it was before these things came around. That's why many of us are still playing several years after it's release. See the 1a suggestions page. I've made the suggestion that the 36+ leveling gold be reduced so that we can all avoid going brain dead golding for countless hours on end to level.

Edited by Autek, 04 April 2011 - 12:37 AM.

Autek in game.

#24 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:36 AM

How about you grow some balls and fight for what you obviously loved.

And this is a text based game we choose to spend our time playing for fun. And yes, I love it. But will I go suicide this thing forfeiting hours of xp'ing? Not a chance, and why should I have to? I think it's bullnuts that this monster was put in on major traveling routes designed to kill any character in one fell swoop and erase an hour and a half of work that was put in gaining experience. The game is already hurting with the lack of ability to take on any bosses aside from the lower tier. Throwing this in is just asking for people to wave goodbye. Kick the player base while it's down. Great idea.
Autek in game.

#25 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:30 AM

I lol'd

#26 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:40 AM

its outright annoying all im gonna say

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#27 Adultery

Adultery
  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

sounds like someones a weee bit emo about the fact that the player base isnt happy about his new worm.

and its rather funny that you would bring up something about clicking the same things till we all go brain dead... which is ironically the very thing weve done since we were kids in school, and guess what...??? WE ARE ALL STILL HERE!!!! durrrr.... suprised?!? ( :P <--- thats you.)

i agree with autek 100%, make a suggestion on forums before putting things ingame.

staff is ingame to service us. not us them... seems like alot of people have forgotten that.

#28 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

When I get the chance I'll change the Town Criers to alert players of the scourge and rally the players, as Amy requested via RP, and also give the Bile Zombies a logical Achilles' Heel (I'll announce when it's in place).

Please be aware the we are not servants to the players.

#29 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

sounds like someones a weee bit emo about the fact that the player base isnt happy about his new worm.

and its rather funny that you would bring up something about clicking the same things till we all go brain dead... which is ironically the very thing weve done since we were kids in school, and guess what...??? WE ARE ALL STILL HERE!!!! durrrr.... suprised?!? ( :P <--- thats you.)

i agree with autek 100%, make a suggestion on forums before putting things ingame.

staff is ingame to service us. not us them... seems like alot of people have forgotten that.

Staff = slaves to the players? lolwut
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#30 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:12 PM

When I get the chance I'll change the Town Criers to alert players of the scourge and rally the players, as Amy requested via RP, and also give the Bile Zombies a logical Achilles' Heel (I'll announce when it's in place).

Please be aware the we are not servants to the players.

While u do not view yourself as a "servant" per se, you are in fact here to facilitate the needs of the playerbase, without us you are nothing. While you have tried to implement things you viewed "to make the game better", some of what you have done has impeded player growth. My advice for staff is troll the suggestions forum, very logical answers to some of the REAL problems of nightmist, don't dismiss ideas because they are not your own, and LISTEN to the playerbase. Or you will end up like a ruler with no subjects, and you will get the blame for killing a game we all love and enjoy for so much , for so long. Put your egos aside or step down and allow more creative and rational people to take over. Your idea that you are not "servants" of players, is EXACTLY what is wrong with nightmist. You became staff to HELP us and FIX this game, in short, to serve the playerbase. IF that is not why you became staff, then quit because you have missed the whole reason of being a staff member.

Edited by brewcrew, 05 April 2011 - 08:42 PM.

Prophet 1a #1 pande pwning clan!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users