So Long

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Flux

Flux
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:26 AM

What was done was for the best. I myself became inactive pretty much right around when I heard about the plans for Nightmist 2 (3 I suppose, if anyones counting), which was quite a while before the concept became public knowledge. At that point, the projection was for the new server to be completed 'in the near future'.

After this knowlege, I expressed my feelings to both Pandilex (who was still staffing at the time) and later to JLH: that I felt my job as a staffer in the current server was redundant, but was hesitant to cut my ties because A. they had no intention of hiring new staff, so it wasn't like I was taking someone else's spot, and B. because I have been with the game (in some form) for a very long time (around five years) and had a strong desire to help create a new game with a balance, depth and especially, long-term playability that would improve on Nightmist's current format. Pandilex could attest, I bugged him nearly every day with new systems for religion, alignment, skill classes, townships, and so on. So basically, I felt as if I was "on call" until that point came when we would make this switch that loomed on the horizon.

It was a good run, hope that those of you who knew me had a good time with all the stuff we did; the grenade moshes, extreme trivia, humiliation rounds, NPC-possessing RP sessions and the like. Back when, y'know, I did that stuff.

I agreed to take on a staff role a few years back not for the sake of churning out maps or policing players, but because there was a lot about the game's engine that I wanted to have a strong voice in improving or changing, and I felt that I had some great ideas to bring to the table. I doubt I'll continue playing my mortal for a lot of reasons that I think make sense: all of my old friends have moved on, I still refuse to build an alt army, the gaming engine only takes you so far etc etc, but that's besides the point.

I'm sorry to those of you whom I never got to know, especially those of you who really started to seriously play within the last six to eight months. You must think I'm a total douche. Ah well, can't win em all.

Bottom line: no hard feelings towards staff or admin, and no drama of any sort. Hope you all have fun, and don't take anything too seriously. And spell check your goddamn posts, for christ's sake.

Love,
Mark

#2 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:29 AM

We've talked. Later good ole Marko. ^_^
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#3 menardi

menardi
  • Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:56 AM

Lol in a sence your the reason im playing atm

You told my friends bro and then she told me and then i started playing this game and i remember old times with you and ori, when ori said somthing then u banned sam Imao good times,

I know you were good staff youll be missed by me
Electron/Excuse in game~~ÐÎVΧÎØÑ

David
ØWÑÅG£

#4 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:19 AM

You were always a cool staffer. You always knew how to lighten the game up a bit when you could. I liked that you could kick back with the rest of us and have a good time while doing it. It's sad to see you go. Best of luck to whatever comes your way in the future.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#5 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:32 AM

I only got to see you on a few times, but the times I did made me wish you were around more. You and Deval always seemed like the crazy people who'd do whatever. Such as the RP/Trivia/Grenade thing that ya'll held over in Silversail...I think.

Anyway, hope everything goes well with you, peace.
-Gaddy
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#6 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:51 AM

u could talk persian rofl, i liked that,

well all i can say is chodafess doosteh man, chodafess!!

and the ocasion was when ori was yelling persian curse words, and i got banned rofl (i was on true_pally he was on true_killa, go figure)

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#7 El DaN

El DaN
  • Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:05 AM

i wudnt b playin if it wasnt for u either so gl man with all

#8 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:54 AM

You were cool to talk to about game issues and otherwise from what I remember. Like I've said before, I hope you remain remembered as one of the many people that made this game what it is today.

#9 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:12 AM

We never got to know each other Havanor, but see you round and take care.

P.S. I can tell that you have watched Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#10 Guest_Dangerous_*

Guest_Dangerous_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:27 PM

lol I remember you did that thing where you made me say things ^_^ made a fool outta me!!! was a laugh tho :P gl mark.

Edited by Dangerous, 17 May 2005 - 07:28 PM.

#11 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:23 PM

I <3 Flux. Cyas =p
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#12 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:32 PM

good luck in life cyas
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#13 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:23 PM

mark, you know..we HATE eachother ^_^

<3
"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

#14 newb2

newb2
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:17 PM

oh my god girlfriend u leavin?

pop teens 4 LYFE!!!!!!!

coolest staffer ever

heh

#15 Gèñúíñê Õút£ãw

Gèñúíñê Õút£ãw
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:29 PM

Only saw you in action once or twice, had a chat with you 1 or 2 times. I'd have to say your one of the only staffers i've looked up to and respected in my nm career.
To all the people ive offended, Yeah f*** you to. To all the friends I used to have, Yo! I miss my past, But the rest of you assholes can kiss my a**

#16 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:09 PM

Wrong Forum, get it right next time newb.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#17 newb2

newb2
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:16 PM

yes massuh

Come on. Really now.

heh

#18 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:39 AM

You must think I'm a total douche.

you got my vote Marky Mark(Dirk Diggler...) take it easy ^_^

#19 Sparks

Sparks
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:44 AM

Thats sexy

Edit:Btw in case u were wondering the fat kid in the pic is rob and the one next to him is Bill

Edited by Sparks, 02 June 2005 - 04:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users