Dear Crane.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Bunny

Bunny
  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:51 AM

If you want people to actually take not of your warnings. It might be a good idea to use language they can easily understand... I'm sure not everyone runs off to find a dictionary everytimg you post a word bigger than 8 letters.

#2 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:58 AM

lol ? I can understand Crane's language easilty.. post some words which are bigger than eight letters which you can't understand please..
Disaster ingame.

#3 Bunny

Bunny
  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:55 AM

Its not me whom doesn't understand. Its more like half of the population of nightmist.

#4 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:33 AM

So if you do understand why are you making this post..? Shouldn't the people who dont understand him make it?
Disaster ingame.

#5 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 11:44 AM

The more complex a word is, the more specific it’s meaning is and the more you understand what the person is trying to say. I never have a problem with his language.

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 01:03 PM

Somebody is a dumbass.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 Emo

Emo
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 01:23 PM

Imbecile.

And incase you don't know what this word means - A stupid or silly person; a dolt. A person whose mental acumen is well below par.

#8 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 01:28 PM

Crane is by far one of the most intelligent, well-spoken, and respected players in Nightmist, and by no means should he speak like the rest of the population:

OMFG J00 R T3H ST3AL MI CRITZ?!?!? OMFG??/`11`1 OMFG U WULD HAV L0S7 IF I H4D MY FK1N CRITZ BACK U FKIN L0SER!!!

In my opinion I think that his vocabulary shows who he is and should be respected. If you're too lazy to go to dictionary.com or pull a D+ in 11th grade English, then maybe you shouldn't be able to understand what he is saying.
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#9 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 01:38 PM

Thank you for your comments about my English! For one thing I find the short, three-lettered abbreviations harder to understand than long eight-lettered words.

As Oracle said, I try to avoid ambiguous meanings in what I talk about, so it is less likely to be misinterpreted.

Correct spelling and punctuation was always a must in my schools' English classes; as élitist as it sounds, I try to do the language justice by sticking to those guidelines, even in text chat.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#10 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 01:42 PM

Well said, but one thing... wtf does 'misinterpreted' mean?

jk lol
Disaster ingame.

#11 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 01:49 PM

I like to stick to good grammar and correct punctuation/spelling because it really shows through on school assignments. When I first started playing Nightmist, I used the 3 letter abbreviations and on schoolwork I would actually write like that, all by habit. So I changed up my ways and decided to type using correct English, and it really helps when writing an essay.

Poker in-game.

#12 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 02:39 PM

The awesomeness that is the private message system. Use it.
Stadic Ingame...

#13 Carbon

Carbon
  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 03:52 PM

Thats just the way he is, if you don't like it don't read his posts... don't make a thread saying you can't understand big words, omg.... lol

#14 Sourcream

Sourcream
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:14 PM

I do think there was a Ruleposted that your not supposed to make fun of crane or you can get forum banned or something.

Lol soo your complaining theat Crane has a Big Vocabulary and knows how to use it?

lol how Shallow can you get.. Here's some advice... Go back to school...

#15 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:29 PM

I don't know about the American school system, but here in England, we are taught to have a reasonable command of the English language.
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#16 Issy

Issy
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:48 PM

I don't know about the American school system, but here in England, we are taught to have a reasonable command of the English language.

When i was in highschool, and college, we were instructed to use a more 'sophisticated' word when writing papers. Reason being: We could understand the 'English' language a little more.
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

#17 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:49 PM

I went to catholic school for 6 years, I didn't even learn how to write a creative story until 7th grade when I transferred out (they focused more on writing in 7th and 8th grade in the catholic school as well). Public school did creative writing since a very young age, the focus of catholic school english was grammar and sentance structure. I didn't have an text book full of stories, I had a text book full of things explaining proper sentance strucutre, parts of speech, and so on.

I believe the reason for this is State testing focuses more on writing than grammar and sentance structure, the catholic schools however are not required to give the state tests. I've found that I'm the only one in my english classes, even now, that has done a sentance diagram (besides the teacher).
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#18 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:03 PM

Haha Don't assume they are American.

I can't speak for most of the idiots out there, be it laziness or illiteracy that causes people to leave out 90% of the vowels in a word it, I do it on occasion with a few words but not to the extent as some I have seen, namely at SGH, where I struggle to read 90% of what is said.

Which leads to another topic, <3 /ignorepc

Someone should make a Failed Ideas thread.

Ashton - Explosion - Chaosbringer

#19 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:23 PM

I am still in the same school JLH went to and I'm constantly hammered about my spelling problem but when I come online I find it's better than average now-a-days :P

If people remember me when I first became staff though.. I had a lot lot more trouble spelling correctly ^_^

#20 Nocturnal

Nocturnal
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:30 PM

rofl. Burn!
Daffy

#21 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:44 PM

lol david
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#22 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:22 PM

JLH r hating aMERICAN skol becas hedoesnt' no much Inglesh asmost of Us in the uNITED sTATES.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#23 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:34 PM

someone else posted this on the forum a while ago, for some reason, it seems appropriate right now
Posted Image
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#24 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:50 PM

/me cheers on JLH!

Poker in-game.

#25 Emo

Emo
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 11:53 PM

Rofl.

#26 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:57 AM

lol owned!

Wes I didn't know you still went to Caistor.. wow.. speak to me ingame ^_^
Disaster ingame.

#27 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:45 AM

Crane is by far one of the most intelligent, well-spoken, and respected players in Nightmist, and by no means should he speak like the rest of the population.

I will give him well spoken and intellegent, but your pushing it with the respected stuff. Most of the Nightmist community find him rather annoying. Myself included.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#28 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:49 AM

dictionary.com > dictionary.co.uk
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#29 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:19 AM

lol
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#30 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:17 AM

Crane is by far one of the most intelligent, well-spoken, and respected players in Nightmist, and by no means should he speak like the rest of the population.

I will give him well spoken and intellegent, but your pushing it with the respected stuff. Most of the Nightmist community find him rather annoying. Myself included.

agreed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users