Staff Abuse

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Notak

Notak
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:26 AM

look yeah, no offence but i think too many people are bein hard on staff, we all know they can be pretty much useless at times and one of my alts got daybaned cause of them being lazy but if it wasnt for pandy and JLH we woudnt have a game to moan at them about so when you do moan about them just remember where you'd be without them, try sending them a message and wait for a reply before gettin on a high horse and riding off.

Alot has changed in the year and a half ive been playing so its not like they sit on there ass all day and do s**t, they do work to make Nightmist a better place to live and they do try to make over 3000 people happy,

The world wernt made in a day so just like everything your just gonna have to wait your turn and if anyone says i side with staff you can KMA, i just realize that only so much can be done so fast, if you think you can do better make your own game.

#2 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:36 AM

If you are on their side, the staff can do an awful lot for the Nightmist players. For example, if it wasn't for Oracle offering his support, I wouldn't have been able to open the Pacifist-only area, which people are thoroughly enjoying, I hear! Well, that's a one off, but they do common things like run moshes and the numerous tournaments.

Staff do a lot more than what people might initially think, and I respect all of them for the amount of effort they put into Nightmist amongst the abuse they get from the more obnoxious players.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#3 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 08:52 AM

Oh, oh! Can I play at being an obnoxious player? I'm sure I could manage *whistles innocently*

And then I could go around making the 'suck up' comments this thread is so desperately asking for :)

(edit: please note, joking ^^ I do know the staff work hard, and manage lives on top of all they do here. Power to them :))
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#4 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 09:14 AM

I heard they have people to do it all for them while they sipping on their martini's next to their big ass swiming pool...
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#5 Quark

Quark
  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:26 AM

slave drivers :)

#6 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:56 PM

Questions are counter-revolutionary.

Fast hands mean less whipping.
Posted Image

#7 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 10:20 AM

I totally agree with Crane.

#8 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 08:25 AM

Yes, the staff here is great, but when one of your characters gets banned for saying a word that is in half the profiles in NM to a person that shares with a staff member, and you get banned for it (Keep in mind, the word is in quite a few NM profiles), is that right? And for the staff member to have to memo JLH to unban the crit that he banned, so I had to wait for JLH to log on, and to still have the staff comment on my character. Given, JLH did unban the crit, I am still upset at the staff member (no names) for banning me unjustly, and because the staff comment is still on my character. And, the person that shares with the staff memner paged my alt laughing about it and profiled the banning of the crit.

#9 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 11:58 AM

my staff can only dayban computers, character bans can only be done by admin
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#10 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 05:17 PM

I had mistermojo daybanned, but I could still log on alts to complain to the staff member.

#11 Paranormal

Paranormal
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 01:09 AM

Off with their heads.... the whole lot of them :)
Kevvy=Manda's Suga Daddy

#12 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 02:08 AM

You first.

#13 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 05:46 PM

I say, curse at a staff member, PERM BANN!

#14 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:41 AM

How about if you say the word that starts with p and ends with enis?

To a person that shares with a staff member?

#15 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:52 AM

I'd say curse on msn...ban that sucka!
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users