Just A Thought

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Rump

Rump
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:28 PM

Ya i was thinking bout some crap otherday, yea its not well thought out yet bc everyone knows i'm not a well thought out type a guy, an u can flame this alll u want bc i don't really care but I was thinking it'd be cool idea for older players an newer players to have like a scroll of maps, jus like recipe scrolls kinda, farthur harder area's would cost more in stores of course but it'd be pretty cool if nubs can go to stores intown to buy a map, instead search'n websites an crap. it'd be like u go to nm town an can buy map of south nm, an meadows an stuff, then arilin would sell like large forest an north arilin. so on an so on. yea it is kinda ridiculious bc u can jus search websites for maps, an it would be pointless to buy a map for 1k 2k or however much it would cost when u can get em free over the web. but jus thought it be cool idea like i said its not well thought out yet but it could work.

Another thing i was thinking about is More Vault Space Plz!!!!

Maybe if someone else can come up with a suggestions on how the map system would work then maybe it would get supported or w/e but yea was jus some thoughts :x

#2 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5243 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:59 PM

Maps would be quite interesting to sell; though I wouldn't support them for areas that are intended to be annoying or new (IE- Halls of Ail or Tirentek/Faravar)----we could have maps sold for things like the Mountains of Senate and things like that.
I think they'd need to cost a good bit more, but they could open in the /web server or the sort.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#3 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:33 PM

i'd like this, just not for the harder areas. supported
Page me on Heritage

#4 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:50 PM

maps for sentant would be crap too, death traps here n there, if its all known that makes those useless :)

#5 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5243 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:23 PM

Do you make the trips?
Death traps here and there are hardly ever hit if you know where you are going, and the point is that the maps are already posted online anyway...

I would support maps for many areas, especially ones that are already posted online, but maps in game would need to be a bit vague, something more like paths drawn up than grid squares laid out.
I mean this, more like drawn picture maps than grid square looking maps.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#6 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:06 PM

I like the idea - but I think it should be changed a bit.

To begin with, maybe give a simple NM>Arilin>BT kind of map for new players? Nice and simple - just a scroll so they know where they are going. Maybe have it as an /examine in the tutorial so they not only get a vague idea of NM but figure out how to use the /examine or /read function.

I like Gaddy's idea on the drawn maps; similar to the one below just maybe more simple and with labels<3 I've introduced a friend or two to the game within the past month and they all like it and have started to play regulary, but this was only because I helped them with everything, showed them maps, how to use the maps, etc, like I would with any other new player; so if maps were applied to the beginning of the game (grid maps) it would definately help new players with the simpler parts of the game, like going to the basic training arena.

Posted Image

Edited by Äññöÿäñcë, 14 July 2007 - 10:08 PM.

Disaster ingame.

#7 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:15 AM

JLH has been promising an auto-map feature for 1a for a while now... I'm not sure how it saves maps or when items are added to a map, but it might be as simple as pulling a player along in your party in order to give them the information they need.

This does not preclude the suggestion above, but it might change things.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#8 Rump

Rump
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:47 PM

Well I'm glad that some people support this, like i said it haven't thought it over well but i'll leave that up to the staff if they decide to use this ingame, an i agree wasn't suggesting maps for tirantek an crap. but this idea was more for the newer players an regular easy to get area's bc lately i've been seeing alot of new players, an me personally i'd like to see more players.

MoRe VaUlT SpAcE pLz!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:54 PM

Supported. When I started playing Nightmist, the biggest problem I had was getting around and finding maps. I think it would be a nice addition for new players. Being able to buy maps of certain areas, like the towns and easier more traveled training areas of the game.

As for the additional vault space. I would suggest that for a cost, players could increase the size of the account vault.

Edited by Pureza, 15 July 2007 - 09:55 PM.

Jaded ingame.

#10 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:37 PM

ah, i was aproached ingame saying "for your topic, why dont you just tell them to do /who vampyre?"

but really, you get onto a map site like that - you have a full list of maps everywhere ingame, you scroll for one named "Boars Tusk Inn" etc, because i know that if you read the descriptions you'll find out the town itself is called "Nightmist" not only the game, but not very many new players do read descriptions, so would be much easier for a mini map to be added ingame - which hopefully will be seen in nm2.

500k for the expansion of account vaults; 100 extra spaces. <3
Disaster ingame.

#11 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:28 AM

all you have to do is have extra crits that hold your stuff instead of buying a bigger vault.
Save yourself some time and gold and just have crits as holders. :)
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#12 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:55 AM

all you have to do is have extra crits that hold your stuff instead of buying a bigger vault.
Save yourself some time and gold and just have crits as holders. :)

a good advantage of doing it that way is that your items will show up when you do /search, when they otherwise wouldn't if you had them in a vault
Page me on Heritage

#13 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:39 PM

The automap system, as Trev mentioned, will be added before this suggestion when JLH gets to coding I think. This would need reviewing once the automap is in before I have an opinion on adding it but I would most probably support it.

On a side note, I don't support adding vaults. If you've got so many precious items buy a clan room vault, the account gets cluttered enough with 100 items in it.

On a second side note, I'd support a new thread for making /search list items in the vault too.

#14 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:03 PM

Including /search for account vaults was mentioned here:

http://www.nightmist...showtopic=25027

JLH noted the topic.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#15 Oracle

Oracle

Wes