• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Ebony

Ebony
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

why not, its been a long time since i visited :P

Best time i ever had on this game was pern. so many kills.

worst time after reset the tax collector coming by when i was about to do a trade, before the trade system was implemented, had about 125k taken off my character and didnt have enough to buy why i was trading for after that.

i might pop back in to read back up. anyone still playing?

#2 Bun

Bun
  • Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

worsteever was when me and kev killed him off.... amused us at the time and everyone else cryed literally
Santa

I never went to asia this year i fly by and gave them a big wave.

#3 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:44 AM

best times...exploring tirantek with jared and meeting lewis up there :)

worst...when kev and jason left ta for dh. and no, its not that kev^^

oh and ebony. you are so old school that i don't even know who you are (but i hear the stories heh). hi :P

Edited by Raylen, 28 June 2009 - 01:45 AM.

+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#4 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:42 AM

Ebony was the most feared pker in the history of Nightmist. Least that's how I remember him.

Best times were recently after the reset happened when I ran the Mystikal Mages. . .It was a mage only clan lol, and it actually worked out quite well.

The best recent times were when I ran the Divine Brotherhood on the 1a server when it came out. A clan for only clerics and paladins. That fell apart when the genius staff members in charge at the time, I don't even remember who, removed the healing bonus and everyone quit.

Worst times. . . Basically right now.
Autek in game.

#5 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:05 AM

Ebony was the most feared pker in the history of Nightmist. Least that's how I remember him.

Best times were recently after the reset happened when I ran the Mystikal Mages. . .It was a mage only clan lol, and it actually worked out quite well.

:P

You have been playing longer then me.
Does not play well with others.

#6 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:26 AM

If I remember right he was the kid with a crosshair over a monkey display pic, don't know about most feared pker though, just used to hang around pern a lot.

Best times would be pking, its just alot of fun. Worst times would be Rappy messaging me that we had got a questie only too find out it was the broomstick.
Si Senior!

#7 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

Aww, the Broomstick isn't THAT bad!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#8 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

Best times were probably meeting Amy and Aeryn in the Swamps when I only used Lancaster, still having good friends to play and share with---Chase, Gilbert, and Ryan, all long gone now, and when the clan Devout was study and without drama.

Worst times- I don't really know anymore. Probably alienating so many people by having become a staff member, along with losing the perception of the game being more complicated than simple numbers and odds...
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#9 Harky

Harky
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:28 AM

I was Ebony, that isn't me in the initial post though - guessing it's just a coincidence. I had the monkey pic but I didn't have the crosshair thing, that was someone else - and no I didn't hang around in pern much, I hated the concept of sitting on one square and camping almost as much as I hated the reliance on alts (though I'm 90% sure I built the area. Too long ago.)

#10 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

Ahhh yes. Sounds to me the OP is a fan of you, Harky! Although it could very well be a coincidence. You'd think since he knows of Pern he would have known of Ebony though :P Also I think it was Scream or Vivi who used the pic of the Monkey with the crosshair over it as a joke towards Ebony.

I was looking through some old screenshots I had saved on my old old ooold laptop the other day. Found a picture of Seth first inviting me into LotN. Felt so proud that day rofl. Wish I had more screenshots though.

I remember when I first played Nightmist, my friend and I found a bug where if you created a character with only numbers in the name.. Then that amount of gold would appear on the square you logged onto. I.E Creating a character with the name '1900000' would drop 1,900,000 gold on the square. I remember buying a full inventory of Cobalts from the vendor and then being afraid of a ban, we reported it to JLH. This happened like my second week into Nightmist when my highest level was like a gimp level 17 Knight named Mark02.

I always hoped someday JLH/Pandi would recreate the old nightmist using the old map. Something about it just felt right. What with the maps and the bosses/items. I remember being so pumped when I got my first Sword of Sharpness. Then when I finally got my hands on Razor Claws and made Android_20 the Barbarian it was probably the most fun I ever had actually playing the game. That or when Ste and myself power leveled Madness our mage to 30 in like one night off the Harlequin boss. I could go on and on about the "good ol days" pre-reset but I suspect theres very few people left from then to even know what I'm talking about!

I had some great times after the reset of course too especially in 2003 and such but it was mainly chatting with all the good friends I used to play with in game whom are also long gone I'm sure. I just count the days pre-reset as the most fun I had actually -playing- the game. Think I had the best times playing both Android_20 my Barbarian pre-reset of course, and Illidan/Rappy_Ninja_Is_Lame(lol) my druid that came along after the reset.

I'd venture to guess Nightmist is probably at its worst now and has been for the past couple of years from what people say. I don't know personally because I quit the game around 05, but it was already going down hill then. I never really had a 'worst' time playing the game that I can think of. So I can't really answer that.
I hear Pandilex has something new in the works, and I'd love to check it out when/if its done, for sure.

Also wow this is turning into a TLDR post.

Kthxbai etc :)

Oh also, just curious if Harky or anyone else could name every city from pre-reset? I was trying my best to think of them all, but can really only remember four. And I know theres alot more than that just from remembering the portal room buttons.

Edited by Exor, 05 July 2009 - 09:09 PM.

-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#11 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:21 PM

Nightmist, Cloud City, both Perns, Emerald City, What was the one with the Barren Wasteland all to the north of it? Barbarian settlement if that counts lol.

Edited by Prophet, 05 July 2009 - 09:22 PM.

Si Senior!

#12 Ascer

Ascer
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

Nightmist, Cloud City, both Perns, Emerald City, What was the one with the Barren Wasteland all to the north of it? Barbarian settlement if that counts lol.

northkeep?

#13 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:59 PM

There we go I thought it had north in it but has a mindblank for the rest of the name lol ty :P
Si Senior!

#14 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:21 AM

best times...exploring tirantek with jared and meeting lewis up there :)

worst...when kev and jason left ta for dh. and no, its not that kev^^

oh and ebony. you are so old school that i don't even know who you are (but i hear the stories heh). hi :P

/Thread. Anybody elses good times or memories don't matter.

Last time I talked to Jason, he was getting married. Last time I talked to Kev was on skype and all I could hear down the mic was stabbing noises and mysterious goblin sounding laughter.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#15 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

Good times:
-Boxing event
-Dance-off Event(J-Rad will remember the "infamous Peen spin")
-Old sewers and arilin 4 way wars nightly
-Making 150k off rats on multi for a Hally back when they were worth that
-Sgh memories
-boss runs
-exploring the new areas/mapping with pacis
-the fights that were had over CG
-taking a clan to #1
-Rappy/Cliff/Myself pic wars on forum and war forum.
-UR vs. MS
-no pot/mana duels with Kim in arena
-arching any and every char I have clicked to 30
-Getting a cobalt
-Getting a 6 stat
-being able to get in pk wars without denial and immature bs after
-Making some new friends that I have been able to keep in contact with over the years.
-toggle /who

Bad times:
-1a
-The respect, even between enemies is gone.
- the addiction that is NM
-There is no Honor left in NM(atleast on 1a) people don't fight they just run or stay in down and use slander to try and get even with thier enemies.
-What the forums have turned into.
-JLH being busy
-staff getting the position and lacking in-game knowledge.
-Great staff leaving due to being hounded and harassed.
-Overall harassment in game.(not including pking thats part of the game)
-Multi being made nopk, then being turned back. (it was like giving people a free pass to get all the handouts/cheap things they can or arch things and then turning it back on making them the more powerful people on the server)
-the language and in-game chat getting out of control(gaz is trying but thats only one persond oing the whole staff's job)
-Sharing increasing in popularity.(results in people who did nothing mouthing off like they actually acccomplished something)

Theres a ton more for both sides but thats good enough.

Edited by Gnarkill, 07 July 2009 - 09:27 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#16 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:12 AM

Good times:
-Boxing event
-Dance-off Event(J-Rad will remember the "infamous Peen spin")

Good times bro.

"So-and-so took more knocks than a front door and was defeated by so-and-so."
"So-and-so took the biggest hits since the beatles by so-and-so."

Hilarious. I never did anything as staff but run events so don't look back at my time too fondly. But working with the certain players who joined my stupid events was memorable and makes me miss it, especially the likes of yourself, Condemned and old school Gaz before out of nowhere he turned into a whiny douche and would complain about every little thing. My favorite event was actually the Full House, which had two teams with each class represented. Was a real mission to get on at a time when there was enough players though by that stage.

Thanks for bumping my memory. Good times.

Peen spin FTW!!!

#17 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:35 AM

Last time I talked to Jason, he was getting married.

gosh. he's a good kid. last time i talked to him i think we played chess (i won)
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#18 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

northkeep?

Northkeep ahhh yes. Kept remembering a spot I always found that was great for PVP and didn't always have the one square gankers like in Pern and it was there in Northkeep. Could never remember the full name of it, but I also knew it had North in it. :P Sure miss it!
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#19 Gangster

Gangster
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:46 PM

best time would be being in TA with jarad alan mike kev n jason
»*¤ ßêg Før Mêrçý ¤*«

#20 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:55 AM

best time would be being in TA with jarad alan mike kev n jason

Long time no see Billy boy.

#21 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:39 PM

Good times:

Tirentek with jazza and alan
Watching ryan run around looking for a hidden door for months and months after i casualy threw him of the scent of the entrance
Having huge wars with a 20 thief army
Long long battles with sergi in tirentek

Bad times:
Every one left
Logging on over and over again and seeing i was nearly the only person on
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#22 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:04 PM

Watching ryan run around looking for a hidden door for months and months after i casualy threw him of the scent of the entrance

Get Seal of Kiaransalee then immediate first thoughts are "I bet its in the Kiaransalee Challenge", so was discussing with Joe and he was like Nah I've checked there spying every direction, examine, read, every direction all the traps with items and such.

Basically he did the worst job ever as its a simple /read so I was a little annoyed when I finally found it, having tried some of the most ludicrous things ever.

Edited by Prophet, 20 July 2009 - 06:04 PM.

Si Senior!

#23 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

In actuality, Joe found it almost instantly while he and Sergei were trekking through Kiaransalee's Challenge for the first time! I know because I was spying on them from Elite_Bunny.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#24 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:37 PM

In actuality, Joe found it almost instantly while he and Sergei were trekking through Kiaransalee's Challenge for the first time! I know because I was spying on them from Elite_Bunny.

Different Joe, I'm talking about Spectra Joe, I found the entrance to the challenge almost immediately on mapping and so if I hadn't taken his word for it I would have mapped the challenge myself and thus been a lot more meticulous finding the entrance, but I suppose that's the price I pay for trusting that he had done a good job when he hadn't :P Also considerably influenced by a hatred of mapping death trap areas. At least when I did finally think "Wait a second I'm going to start double checking everything" and found the entrance it meant finding the credenza within a few hours :)

Edited by Prophet, 20 July 2009 - 06:38 PM.

Si Senior!

#25 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:22 PM

more the point you didnt want to map it, and asked me for the directions, that fact i gave them to you should have flagged up "error" lol
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#26 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:38 PM

Nah I had the map off Joe that's why I asked you for directions because it was on a different PC, this was when exp wasn't capped aswell so natural I didn't want to map it ^^
Si Senior!

#27 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:21 PM

Memories!

Best time - Discovering the game! I'd come from some purely text based thing that i loved, so when i saw Nightmist i was instantly hooked. Hell i even browse the forums every now and again!
Being around to watch the game expand and develop was also great, and to be a part of that development was also a good experience - Looking back its fair to say i didn't always go about things the right way hehe but had a good time trying. Meeting (and mostly arguing) with all the people i 'met' playing this game brings back some fond memories also.

Worst time - None! :P

Quick hello to everyone also. I had a quick scan around the forums and noticed a few old names still hanging about! Hope everyone is ok and glad to see Nightmist is still around!

Ste
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#28 Moondragon

Moondragon
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:05 PM

Wow I can't believe this game is still around or these forums work. It must be 8 years now since I played this game but I'm curious, is Jen (Kalypso or Jennavive or whatever she used) that ran the Resistance still around? Did she ever run off with that kid Chris? Whatever even happened to the resistance? Boy I remember when Stigmata was one of the most feared players in the game :P Sitting at the entrance of towns with someones name on macro waiting for them to walk out of the gates, or getting ganked while taking down Demonic General (his name?) for a Helberd or just using Nightmist as a chat client talking with Dank...oo the memories

god I miss MUD's, had such an awesome feel to it.

#29 oldfart

oldfart
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:08 AM

MOON!!!! STE!!!! theres some old school pimps for you. i havent played in years either. for some reason nightmist popped in my head a week or so ago and i got to lookin at the forum. so much has changed. i think nightmist needs another pastry god.

#30 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:05 PM

Well oldfart/john I am working on making Cupcake the new Pastry God lol. Thanks for the memo lol. If you wanna come back I got a lvl 34 with 6stam mage I don't use lol. We could work out a payment plan of some sort. I would like to see some good oldies liek you and Ste return. The world of nm is bigger then it was back in the good ol days.

My best memory of nm was just running around as a nub and finding random things. Like when I was the first person to kill Giant Centipede and get the gloves. I showed Dank where it was then all of BOD knew. I also remmeber finding SG's in the same sewer. A high point for me on 1a was helping to clans grow and being a big part of it. Like when we made BOD on the 1alt Server and I did some intense recruiting and it was the biggest clan on 1a. Along with getting together with Emma and Seth and getting the idea of Pandemonium started. For some reason Everything is more peacefull clanless go figure lol.

We need the oldbies of NM to comeback.

-nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users